COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

News Trisha Paytas Comes Out As Transgender: Real or Fake? (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
(i'm going to use they/them pronouns)

Trisha Paytas realesed a video coming out as transgender. Many transgender people felt that Trisha's use of words were offensive. Transgender people feel that the way Trisha flaunts their female body and having augmented breasts is not accurate to the experience of trans men. They have since come out with an apology video where they cement their coming out.

video summary:
- was teased for being manly
- wore a sports bra for uneaven breasts
- has more guy friends
- says they are a "gay male drag queen"
- says that stright men turn them off because they are "hypermasculine" but gay men because they aren't
- thought they're life would be easier if they had a penis
- uses the phrases "transgendered people" "a male to female trans" "I don't want trans to be offended" (offensive and improper usage)
- wants to go by "T"
- had a "societal boy haircut" and felt better of lack of attention from men
- "so do I think i'm transgender yes 1000% do I identify with my natural gender yes 1000%" (this is a contradiction, you cannot be trans if you identify as your natural born gender)
- "you can identify as male or female if you choose" (incorrect and offensive to refer to identifying as a choice)

video summary:
- they didn't expect the backlash
- it took them so long to get to this point
- they've been going to a gender therapist for 6 months
- they said that they've felt male for quite awhile
- they expressed frustration with not being accepted in the community

personal opinion:
I personally do not think they are telling the truth but I think they believe they are transgender. I don't think they know what being transgender means or is like. I think this is another one of their identity crisises. Though part of me sypathizes with the very very very small chance this is just a case of boy that cried wolf and that they are actually transgender. This video was intirely innapropriate because of their wording and presentation. This does not give an accurate or informative depiction of transgender people. With their platform the misinformation is very dangerous. These videos are a mockery of transgender people. Trisha, do your research.

edit: fixing words
edit 2: i'm in no way trying to be disrespectful towards transgender people as I am transgender myself. I just thought this was important to shed light on seeing as it could be used as fuel to invalidate transgender people.

Last edited:
Reactions Received
KS Coins
i'm skeptical just because every time I see Trisha Paytas the controversy going on is always exploitative in some way. Whether its mental illness, abuse, etc. nothing seems genuine and it seems like its only done to get people talking.....
Not to sound mean, but is being transgender, or gender not genetically possible a new trend for people to get attention?

Seriously I feel sorry for those people who are honestly actually want to or are in the process.
I think you are confusing sex and gender which is a pretty common mistake. Sex is the biological/genetic aspect in which people have male or female sexual organs, etc. (though people can be born with both types of sexual organs or some combination of them). Gender is actually more of a societal creation than anything situated in science or biology. Basically, it's what society decides is "feminine" or "masculine".

People tend to get sex and gender confused because there is a societal push to conflate the two and think that there is innate masculine and feminine traits based upon what sex you are born. An example: females are naturally caring, while males are aggressive (but science actually shows these traits aren't innate and are formed by societal shaping).

Basically, being transgender is changing the societal view of yourself not the genetic.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
i'm skeptical just because every time I see Trisha Paytas the controversy going on is always exploitative in some way. Whether its mental illness, abuse, etc. nothing seems genuine and it seems like its only done to get people talking.....

I think you are confusing sex and gender which is a pretty common mistake. Sex is the biological/genetic aspect in which people have male or female sexual organs, etc. (though people can be born with both types of sexual organs or some combination of them). Gender is actually more of a societal creation than anything situated in science or biology. Basically, it's what society decides is "feminine" or "masculine".

People tend to get sex and gender confused because there is a societal push to conflate the two and think that there is innate masculine and feminine traits based upon what sex you are born. An example: females are naturally caring, while males are aggressive (but science actually shows these traits aren't innate and are formed by societal shaping).

Basically, being transgender is changing the societal view of yourself not the genetic.
Haha I live in California I am referring to people who pick things genetically impossible like rock. It is genetically possible to M, F, Both, or whatever M-F doesn't matter. But I don't want to accidentally offend anyone VIkki already deleted my post so I'll leave it at that.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
my post got deleted too but i'm literally trans and being as respectful as i can be ??

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Haha I live in California I am referring to people who pick things genetically impossible like rock. It is genetically possible to M, F, Both, or whatever M-F doesn't matter. But I don't want to accidentally offend anyone VIkki already deleted my post so I'll leave it at that.
oh lol. I thought you were talking in general gender. Tbh whenever I hear about that stuff it's always people trolling more than anything

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Exo L
Ship
video summary:
- was teased for being manly
- wore a sports bra for uneaven breasts
- has more guy friends
- says they are a "gay male drag queen"

- says that stright men turn them off because they are "hypermasculine" but gay men because they aren't
- thought they're life would be easier if they had a penis
- uses the phrases "transgendered people" "a male to female trans" "I don't want trans to be offended" (offensive and improper usage)
- wants to go by "T"
- had a "societal boy haircut" and felt better of lack of attention from men
- "so do I think i'm transgender yes 1000% do I identify with my natural gender yes 1000%" (this is a contradiction, you cannot be trans if you identify as your natural born gender)
- "you can identify as male or female if you choose" (incorrect and offensive to refer to identifying as a choice)
I changed the color of a few points that I would discuss here: the red ones point out that she is just a masculine woman; the blue is more her perception of men and women in the US; and the Green is just homophobic. She definitely would not like me and I'm gay, so...

But point being I don't think she's trans. Maybe she's a hipster and she thinks trans is a trend. Plus there are plenty of non-trans women who have that haircut... I will say it looks good on her though.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
oh lol. I thought you were talking in general gender. Tbh whenever I hear about that stuff it's always people trolling more than anything
No surprisingly there are people who think that like. I mean you can identify them but not possible to be a gender. I mean to the people out there who think that way I'm sorry but DNA is pretty specific about having a gender. Humans are pretty special M - F - B can go differnt ways or no way at all.

Edit: Okay okay, some DNA can cause asexual animals but humans have a thoughtful choice in what they choose to be.

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
It's Trisha Paytas

That's all I'm gonna say

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
who even really believes anything she says? she literally identified as chicken nugget in the past :wimwim:
Trisha is not genuine in anything.

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
TBH, I think she's just a really confused soul with a lot of PTSD surrounding her body, her sexuality and her relationships with men which she's now attributing to gender dysphoria. I've watched Trisha for years and I can tell whenever she's trolling, she's admitted in the past that she has a problem with pills and she looked high ass fuck in the first coming out video which I think is why she didn't really express herself well...

Usually if one of her trolls backfires she owns up to the fact that it's a troll and apologies plus Gigi Gorgeous made a video saying that Trisha has confirmed to her that she's trans and I don't think she'd lie to Gigi like that considering how long they've been friends for.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I honestly don't think it's real because she's says she dresses female because it's like her character but if I go by what I heard from my transgender friends she would feel extreme dysphoria to the point she'd be constantly breaking down in tears, not wanting to leave the house and not wanting anyone to touch her. From the little content I've seen from her she seems fine with her body which most transgender people wouldn't as she's not actually built very masculine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread