• Dear Guest, take a minute or two to find out how you can help us grow! Visit the following thread to learn how - Thread Link

There are around 90 million Kpop fans around the world

Vikki

<3
Reaction score
Shipped With
Yes it is. I think companies go to the USA because Kpop fans are more vocal about it? And probably because they think that once you've made it in the USA, you've made it in the whole world
Well from what Ive read it's also more expensive to hold a concert in europe because of tax and labor laws and stuff like that which would make it a less desirable place to try to make profit. Also in the US people are willing to travel long distances for things like that since theyre used to traveling far anyways just because the US is so large, I dont know how Europe is but I'm guessing it's not the same.

Belgizen

Taeyong fluffles
Original poster
Reaction score
Shipped With
Well from what Ive read it's also more expensive to hold a concert in europe because of tax and labor laws and stuff like that which would make it a less desirable place to try to make profit. Also in the US people are willing to travel long distances for things like that since theyre used to traveling far anyways just because the US is so large, I dont know how Europe is but I'm guessing it's not the same.
True
European fans are willing to travel. SM held an SM Town in Paris in 2014 and one in London in 2015. All shows on both locations were sold out in a minute. Suju's SuperShow in Paris was one of the fastest kpop concerts to be sold out.
Kpop concerts are expensive in Europe so companies can make profit, however, fans proved they wanted it and are willing to pay that much. I don't know why SM doesn't hold these concerts in Europe anymore especially since there was a big boom of kpop in Europe around 2014.

blueberries

Rookie
Reaction score
Yes it is. I think companies go to the USA because Kpop fans are more vocal about it? And probably because they think that once you've made it in the USA, you've made it in the whole world
Its kinda true though, I mean Europe pretty much plays on radio whats popular in USA. Its bit of entertainment capital. So if u want to conquer west focusing USA rather than Europe with its many countries is not bad tactic. Sucks for European fans though.

Belgizen

Taeyong fluffles
Original poster
Reaction score
Shipped With
Its kinda true though, I mean Europe pretty much plays on radio whats popular in USA. Its bit of entertainment capital. So if u want to conquer west focusing USA rather than Europe with its many countries is not bad tactic. Sucks for European fans though.
I mean with BTS going to the AMA's and such and even playing them on the radio, I expected hearing them on the radio here. But there wasn't even an article about the first foreign group winning an AMA

blueberries

Rookie
Reaction score
I mean with BTS going to the AMA's and such and even playing them on the radio, I expected hearing them on the radio here. But there wasn't even an article about the first foreign group winning an AMA
Actually when BB won in EMA I expected them to be included in winners article in my country, but they were only winner not mentioned :chickill:

Idk whats wrong with european media... But actually I heard BTS BST on mcdonalds couple months ago.. which is weird, why not idol or fake love xd but nice surprise.

Belgizen

Taeyong fluffles
Original poster
Reaction score
Shipped With
Actually when BB won in EMA I expected them to be included in winners article in my country, but they were only winner not mentioned :chickill:

Idk whats wrong with european media... But actually I heard BTS BST on mcdonalds couple months ago.. which is weird, why not idol or fake love xd but nice surprise.
RIP I just think European media don't find it important enough and think people don't care? I mean, European fans tend to stay quiet about it and in Belgium, there are a lot of people who don't support it or find it weird

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Forgot your password?