COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

The Official Pro-Wrestling Discussion Thread (3 Viewers)

Which is your favourite WWE Brand?

• Raw

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Smackdown Live

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • NXT

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • 205 Live

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship

Does this mean the sky pirates will be appearing on Smackdown Live? I honestly can't see Kairi Sane winning the NXT Women's title again so I think she'll go to the main brand and will probably take Io with her?
What do you think?
Idk if Io should be called up this soon. I mean obviously she has the skills, but she hasn't really had a storyline for the fans to get familiar and become invested in her, unlike Kairi.
Anyway, I wouldn't necessarily mind it if they feud with the Iiconics, but after seeing how much Asuka's getting shafted, I'm not optimistic about 2 more Japanese wrestlers getting called up. And it looks like Lacey Evans is their priority now, and Alexa Bliss just returned to in ring action too, so booking will be favoring their blondes for a while.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MY
Idk if Io should be called up this soon. I mean obviously she has the skills, but she hasn't really had a storyline for the fans to get familiar and become invested in her, unlike Kairi.
Anyway, I wouldn't necessarily mind it if they feud with the Iiconics, but after seeing how much Asuka's getting shafted, I'm not optimistic about 2 more Japanese wrestlers getting called up. And it looks like Lacey Evans is their priority now, and Alexa Bliss just returned to in ring action too, so booking will be favoring their blondes for a while.
Yeah I agree, honestly I don't think Kairi should go to the main brands just yet either, I hope she wins the NXT Women's title so she can stay on a bit longer and maybe Shayna should go up to the main brand and do the 4 horsewomen thing.
I also want to see Kairi vs Io!

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MY
Okay, so I have changed the title of this thread to the pro wrestling thread because I thought we could also talk about other wrestling companies like TNA Impact, AEW, NJPW, etc.

Did anyone watch the AEW Double or Nothing?
I didn't pay for it but I have seen the highlights and to me, this looks so promising.

This is also a great thing for WWE because it will mean that WWE will need to have a kick in the backside if they don't want their ratings to get any lower than it has.

I've also heard that Vince McMahon will eventually sell WWE, he has been selling his stocks to fund XFL, what do people think about this?

@Ozymandias @Abeamus

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Okay, so I have changed the title of this thread to the pro wrestling thread because I thought we could also talk about other wrestling companies like TNA Impact, AEW, NJPW, etc.

Did anyone watch the AEW Double or Nothing?
I didn't pay for it but I have seen the highlights and to me, this looks so promising.

This is also a great thing for WWE because it will mean that WWE will need to have a kick in the backside if they don't want their ratings to get any lower than it has.

I've also heard that Vince McMahon will eventually sell WWE, he has been selling his stocks to fund XFL, what do people think about this?

@Ozymandias @Abeamus
I haven't really looked at anything yet except for the big debut/return whatever you call it.

I would have said yes a while ago but idk if this is gonna go in the right direction since Vinces solution to this seems to be panic which is basically what killed peoples interest in WCW so I think Vince needs to go.

Yeah he's expected to focus more on the XFL than WWE which can not come sooner because I think even though he signs off on good ideas once in a while overall the product is suffering so he should not be making the final decision on everything but that's all he is gonna accept if he's a part.

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Ok lot of stuff happened with AEW Double or Nothing and WWE's usual shows and I'll get into that later.

BUT, wrestling officially peaked and nothing's gonna top what just happened so I'll just leave this here :sanapray:

:yolk::sj_weary:

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
This is how you put on a steel cage match! Not like the one with Kofi vs Dolph.

Io Shirai heel turn has finally been awakened.

@feepit @Ozymandias @Kiseki @goyo
Ooh let's get @goyo into wrestling :sj_weary:

I'm super happy they turned Io btw, her whole style and demeanor just works so much better as an arrogant heel, rather than generic babyface who's character is just being Kairi's bff. Best in the World about to show everyone what she's made of, and Candice is an amazing babyface opponent :sanapray:

I'm tired of Shayna as champ with her lackeys tho, title scene needs a change. Get the belt on to Candice or hell even bring in Toni Storm so they can feud with Io.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MY
Ooh let's get @goyo into wrestling :sj_weary:

I'm super happy they turned Io btw, her whole style and demeanor just works so much better as an arrogant heel, rather than generic babyface who's character is just being Kairi's bff. Best in the World about to show everyone what she's made of, and Candice is an amazing babyface opponent :sanapray:

I'm tired of Shayna as champ with her lackeys tho, title scene needs a change. Get the belt on to Candice or hell even bring in Toni Storm so they can feud with Io.
Haha I have actually got her into Kairi and Io Shirai lol she really loves Kairi like I do!
Me too, what people usually forget is that Io was actually a heel in Japan and did her best stuff.
Yes, that is true! I think Candice should get the title off Shayna and then Io get the title off Candice later on.
I'm also tired with Shayna reigning, she got super lucky this time though, did you watch the match?
a good 20-minute match with Io vs Storm would be great! We saw how well they clicked at Evolution last year and that was like barely 10 minutes.

I think a really good storyline would be Kairi coming back to NXT to try and save Io from the darkside, then they can have their epic matchup!

Reactions Received
KS Coins
IO FUCKING DID THAT! Candice is also doing something now aside from being Gargano's wife. The NXT women's division hasn't been the hottest thing lately but this turn of events definitely gives me so much hope.

I feel like Shayna is only gonna drop the title once she gets called up. So... Summerslam? I'm so tired of the Becky and Lacey feud and I think Shayna will be a good opponent for Becky.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MY
IO FUCKING DID THAT! Candice is also doing something now aside from being Gargano's wife. The NXT women's division hasn't been the hottest thing lately but this turn of events definitely gives me so much hope.

I feel like Shayna is only gonna drop the title once she gets called up. So... Summerslam? I'm so tired of the Becky and Lacey feud and I think Shayna will be a good opponent for Becky.
Haha yes she did!
This little clip is awesome! lol

Yes, it does me too! She'll do more badass moves as a heel and really does her best work.

Yeah it's pretty stale having the nxt women's championship on Baszler all the time, I really miss when Kairi had it.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
That's probably one of my favorite moments of the year. I love how he named the people not getting time and I love how he included Asuka and Liv Morgan instead of naming just the guys.

This Wildcard rule needs to stop tbh. Finn as the IC champion is barely getting time, the Women's Tag Team Championship is such an after thought even though they have free reigns on all brands, and why is a Raw superstar challenging for Smackdown's men's and women's titles...

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Well, thank you WWE for making the Women's Tag Team Titles a joke:

@Ozymandias @feepit @kizeki
I don't see it that way (or maybe just cause I love The Iiconics). It shows that The Iiconics are scared of The Kabuki Warriors and using cheap old heel tactics to retain the belts. It also shows how angry The Kabuki Warriors are and actually gives them personality in the ring cause even with Paige as their manager/mouthpiece, we still don't know shit about them as a tag team aside from being good Japanese wrestlers.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I don't see it that way (or maybe just cause I love The Iiconics). It shows that The Iiconics are scared of The Kabuki Warriors and using cheap old heel tactics to retain the belts. It also shows how angry The Kabuki Warriors are and actually gives them personality in the ring cause even with Paige as their manager/mouthpiece, we still don't know shit about them as a tag team aside from being good Japanese wrestlers.
Please don't tell me that you think having 3 minute matchups and still holding onto the belt even after being counted out is ok?
It is NOT ok.
And how does this make the Kabuki Warriors have personality in the ring? In NXT they were amazing but on the main brands, they are being made to look like a joke.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread