COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Rumor The official 🍵 tea 🍵 thread (READ RULES IN OP) (3 Viewers)

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Yea some people said EXO's contract lasted 10 years, but apparently it's confirmed it's gonna be renewed this year so idk.
Maybe the 3 years are their trainee period gearing up for debut
Apparently, SM does a revision of their contracts at the 5 year mark so the idols get more money for the last two years of their original contract maybe part of EXO's revision was an extension and they just didn't announce it... a 10 year contract is definitely illegal though the Korean government changed the law after the JYJ scandal.

Belgizen

Belgi
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
NCTzen
Apparently, SM does a revision of their contracts at the 5 year mark so the idols get more money for the last two years of their original contract maybe part of EXO's revision was an extension and they just didn't announce it... a 10 year contract is definitely illegal though the Korean government changed the law after the JYJ scandal.
Yea I think people see it as the same contract cuz usually trainees who are gearing up for debut (like SM Rookies) get different training and different contracts than "normal" trainees so maybe it's the 3 rookie years counted as well

Belgizen

Belgi
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
NCTzen
SM trademarked the name FRNZ under multiple categories. These are just half of them.
This is either another business or a new group. They already have SMTown&Store which is only one of the 3 they trademarked before, so I don't see why they would trademark another business.

! Remember that I told before that the managers are fighting over the name. This means that if this is a possible group name, they can still change it. I really think that SPRY is still one of the options as they haven't abandoned it !

Schermafbeelding 2019-04-17 om 17.12.51.png

Belgizen

Belgi
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
NCTzen
I'm sorry but I had to do it like this, OP won't reveal further details because things might change
I don't wat to cause a hype for nothing
-. . .-- / --. .-. --- ..- .--. / .-- .. .-.. .-.. / -.. . -... ..- - / ... --- --- -. / .- ... / .-- . .-.. .-.. / .- ... / .- / -. . .-- / -. -.-. - / ..- -. .. -

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I'm sorry but I had to do it like this, OP won't reveal further details because things might change
-. . .-- / --. .-. --- ..- .--. / .-- .. .-.. .-.. / -.. . -... ..- - / ... --- --- -. / .- ... / .-- . .-.. .-.. / .- ... / .- / -. . .-- / -. -.-. - / ..- -. .. -
:zoomeyes:
please dm me. I am curious now

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
NEW GROUP WILL DEBUT SOON AS WELL AS A NEW NCT UNIT

Belgizen

Belgi
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
NCTzen
I have an update, or let's say several updates.
This is from the new, for now unreliable source, but I want to take the risk and share it

So FRNZ and SPRY are for 2 groups: one is for a new NCT-unit, the other one is NGG
It is not decided yet which group gets what!

Belgizen

Belgi
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
NCTzen
NGG-preparations are finished and "it's a matter of days before they debut"
Preps lasted from 2016 till a few days ago.
Line-up went through a lot of changes and the ones from "SNS" won't participate.
A lot of the trainees in the lineup were teased during musical projects

^ I am guessing that not all of the SM Rookies who were introduced in 2014-2015 will participate (a lof already left)
BUT I do think that there may be one or two of the previous ones left

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I have an update, or let's say several updates.
This is from the new, for now unreliable source, but I want to take the risk and share it

So FRNZ and SPRY are for 2 groups: one is for a new NCT-unit, the other one is NGG
It is not decided yet which group gets what!
So I take it that all of the international NCT units are gonna have non-NCT related names like WayV, then?

Belgizen

Belgi
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
NCTzen
So I take it that all of the international NCT units are gonna have non-NCT related names like WayV, then?
Yea probably. IF the source is right.
I still think my theory on both trademarks being possible SMNGG names is plausible as well.

Don't forget that SM was super stupid for not trademarking TxT and now BigHit has taken the name.
I think they won't take any risk anymore: that a possible name could be taken by a company who might have heard something

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Yea probably. IF the source is right.
I still think my theory on both trademarks being possible SMNGG names is plausible as well.

Don't forget that SM was super stupid for not trademarking TxT and now BigHit has taken the name.
I think they won't take any risk anymore: that a possible name could be taken by a company who might have heard something
SM wanted to trademark the name TXT???

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread