COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Rumor The official 🍵 tea 🍵 thread (READ RULES IN OP) (6 Viewers)

Belgizen

Belgi
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
NCTzen
2 groups have to renew their contracts this year

Something is about to happen (a member leaving from SM?). I am keeping an eye out for the news. Spiller is waiting for the right moment (possibly waiting when the process is finished and the news is about to be released)

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
2 groups have to renew their contracts this year

Something is about to happen (a member leaving from SM?). I am keeping an eye out for the news. Spiller is waiting for the right moment (possibly waiting when the process is finished and the news is about to be released)
Could potentially be that those D.O rumours were true or more likely a member of f(x)

Belgizen

Belgi
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
NCTzen
SM rep: "SM is not aiming to the larger public anymore, we are aiming to keep our existing fanbases happy"

So it means that NCT and all other groups to follow will have the specific SM-sound, but they don't want to aim to attract new fans. Of course, having new fans joining the SM-fanbase is a nice extra

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
SM rep: "SM is not aiming to the larger public anymore, we are aiming to keep our existing fanbases happy"

So it means that NCT and all other groups to follow will have the specific SM-sound, but they don't want to aim to attract new fans. Of course, having new fans joining the SM-fanbase is a nice extra
That sounds weird to me though... like are they relying on JUST sm stans are do they just mean they want their groups to rely on fandom power over public sentiment?

Belgizen

Belgi
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
NCTzen
That sounds weird to me though... like are they relying on JUST sm stans are do they just mean they want their groups to rely on fandom power over public sentiment?
I think SM now wants to focus on getting the already existing fans to their younger groups: e.g. all EXO-L, Shawols, Cassie's, ELF to become NCTzens.
Then they will probs aim for the public?

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I think SM now wants to focus on getting the already existing fans to their younger groups: e.g. all EXO-L, Shawols, Cassie's, ELF to become NCTzens.
Then they will probs aim for the public?
Well that might work a LITTLE with getting EXO fans into NCT or having a boy group and a girl group share a lot of fans like SHINee and f(x) used to but I can't imagine TVXQ or SUJU fans that are in their 30s now becoming hardcore NCTizens and buying all of their albums/merch...

Belgizen

Belgi
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
NCTzen
Well that might work a LITTLE with getting EXO fans into NCT or having a boy group and a girl group share a lot of fans like SHINee and f(x) used to but I can't imagine TVXQ or SUJU fans that are in their 30s now becoming hardcore NCTizens and buying all of their albums/merch...
Not all Cassies and ELF are in their 30s.
TVXQ and Suju have gained newer fans , especially from Europe
and I have seen a lot of (especially) ELF who stan NCT now

Belgizen

Belgi
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
NCTzen
SM schedule:

RV: cb around may
127: MV shot a few days ago

Possibilites:
Dream: 2nd week of April
U: 3rd week of April
WayV: 4th week of April
127: 4th week of May (after NA tour)
127: Japanese full album before US tour (already known and confirmed)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
SM schedule:

RV: cb around may
127: MV shot a few days ago

Possibilites:
Dream: 2nd week of April
U: 3rd week of April
WayV: 4th week of April
127: 4th week of May (after NA tour)
127: Japanese full album before US tour (already known and confirmed)
:zoomeyes:

Dang, nctzens will be totally broke. If a U cb is true I'm looking forward to the lineup.

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
Reactions Received
KS Coins
We found the Dispatch worker...

Take cover! :welp:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread