• Dear Guest, check out why you should join us, we are are one of the fastest growing active k-pop community since 2018 with a solid tech team + active staff which are integrated together. More info here - Our Story . If you are still undecided, we have a list of FAQ you can read. Additionally, check out our album giveaway thread, prizes worth up to a total of $100 to be given away, check out this thread for more information regarding the giveaway - Thread Link

Rumor The official 🍵 tea 🍵 thread (READ RULES IN OP) (3 Viewers)

Reaction score
Yea some people said EXO's contract lasted 10 years, but apparently it's confirmed it's gonna be renewed this year so idk.
Maybe the 3 years are their trainee period gearing up for debut
Apparently, SM does a revision of their contracts at the 5 year mark so the idols get more money for the last two years of their original contract maybe part of EXO's revision was an extension and they just didn't announce it... a 10 year contract is definitely illegal though the Korean government changed the law after the JYJ scandal.

Belgizen

Taeyong fluffles
Staff Member
Reaction score
Shipped With
Apparently, SM does a revision of their contracts at the 5 year mark so the idols get more money for the last two years of their original contract maybe part of EXO's revision was an extension and they just didn't announce it... a 10 year contract is definitely illegal though the Korean government changed the law after the JYJ scandal.
Yea I think people see it as the same contract cuz usually trainees who are gearing up for debut (like SM Rookies) get different training and different contracts than "normal" trainees so maybe it's the 3 rookie years counted as well

Belgizen

Taeyong fluffles
Staff Member
Reaction score
Shipped With
There have been a lot of rumors about a possible SNSD Oh!GG comeback lately
Today, it was posted on Naver that there is a rumored cb for SNSD (either the whole group or the subunit, I think it's gonna be subunit)

Belgizen

Taeyong fluffles
Staff Member
Reaction score
Shipped With
SM trademarked the name FRNZ under multiple categories. These are just half of them.
This is either another business or a new group. They already have SMTown&Store which is only one of the 3 they trademarked before, so I don't see why they would trademark another business.

! Remember that I told before that the managers are fighting over the name. This means that if this is a possible group name, they can still change it. I really think that SPRY is still one of the options as they haven't abandoned it !

schermafbeelding-2019-04-17-om-17-12-51-png.18877

Belgizen

Taeyong fluffles
Staff Member
Reaction score
Shipped With
I'm sorry but I had to do it like this, OP won't reveal further details because things might change
I don't wat to cause a hype for nothing
-. . .-- / --. .-. --- ..- .--. / .-- .. .-.. .-.. / -.. . -... ..- - / ... --- --- -. / .- ... / .-- . .-.. .-.. / .- ... / .- / -. . .-- / -. -.-. - / ..- -. .. -

goyo

↠Nipples don't grow back↞
Staff Member
Reaction score
Shipped With
I'm sorry but I had to do it like this, OP won't reveal further details because things might change
-. . .-- / --. .-. --- ..- .--. / .-- .. .-.. .-.. / -.. . -... ..- - / ... --- --- -. / .- ... / .-- . .-.. .-.. / .- ... / .- / -. . .-- / -. -.-. - / ..- -. .. -
:zoomeyes:
please dm me. I am curious now

Reaction score
NEW GROUP WILL DEBUT SOON AS WELL AS A NEW NCT UNIT

Belgizen

Taeyong fluffles
Staff Member
Reaction score
Shipped With
I have an update, or let's say several updates.
This is from the new, for now unreliable source, but I want to take the risk and share it

So FRNZ and SPRY are for 2 groups: one is for a new NCT-unit, the other one is NGG
It is not decided yet which group gets what!

Belgizen

Taeyong fluffles
Staff Member
Reaction score
Shipped With
NGG-preparations are finished and "it's a matter of days before they debut"
Preps lasted from 2016 till a few days ago.
Line-up went through a lot of changes and the ones from "SNS" won't participate.
A lot of the trainees in the lineup were teased during musical projects

^ I am guessing that not all of the SM Rookies who were introduced in 2014-2015 will participate (a lof already left)
BUT I do think that there may be one or two of the previous ones left

Reaction score
I have an update, or let's say several updates.
This is from the new, for now unreliable source, but I want to take the risk and share it

So FRNZ and SPRY are for 2 groups: one is for a new NCT-unit, the other one is NGG
It is not decided yet which group gets what!
So I take it that all of the international NCT units are gonna have non-NCT related names like WayV, then?

Belgizen

Taeyong fluffles
Staff Member
Reaction score
Shipped With
So I take it that all of the international NCT units are gonna have non-NCT related names like WayV, then?
Yea probably. IF the source is right.
I still think my theory on both trademarks being possible SMNGG names is plausible as well.

Don't forget that SM was super stupid for not trademarking TxT and now BigHit has taken the name.
I think they won't take any risk anymore: that a possible name could be taken by a company who might have heard something

Reaction score
Yea probably. IF the source is right.
I still think my theory on both trademarks being possible SMNGG names is plausible as well.

Don't forget that SM was super stupid for not trademarking TxT and now BigHit has taken the name.
I think they won't take any risk anymore: that a possible name could be taken by a company who might have heard something
SM wanted to trademark the name TXT???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)