COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

The Official Pro-Wrestling Discussion Thread (3 Viewers)

Which is your favourite WWE Brand?

• Raw

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Smackdown Live

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • NXT

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • 205 Live

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reactions Received
KS Coins
The NXT Women's division is so stacked, I wish we could have Kabuki Warriors in it permanently too lol.
This Io Shirai/Rhea Ripley/Candice LeRae/Shayna dynamic is pretty exciting, the War Games match should be pretty kickass too, all the women involved can work although I'm not too keen on Shayna's MMA sidekicks.
I agree about the Kabuki Warriors going back to NXT, as proved last week when they defended their tag titles against Tegan Box and Dakota Kai, they were much better than they normally are on the main roster. So badass too.

I don't think anyone is keen on Marina Shafir and Jessimyn Duke as they can't really do that good yet and they still need a lot of time but luckily I don't think they are joining the War Games match.

The lineup so far is:

Team Rhea:
Rhea Ripley
Tegan Nox
Candice LeRae

Team Shayna:
Shayna Baszler
Bianca Belair
Io Shirai

And they both have to pick one more competitor which hasn't been decided yet.

Can't wait!

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I agree about the Kabuki Warriors going back to NXT, as proved last week when they defended their tag titles against Tegan Box and Dakota Kai, they were much better than they normally are on the main roster. So badass too.

I don't think anyone is keen on Marina Shafir and Jessimyn Duke as they can't really do that good yet and they still need a lot of time but luckily I don't think they are joining the War Games match.

The lineup so far is:

Team Rhea:
Rhea Ripley
Tegan Nox
Candice LeRae

Team Shayna:
Shayna Baszler
Bianca Belair
Io Shirai

And they both have to pick one more competitor which hasn't been decided yet.

Can't wait!
I'm so surprised at just how good a heel Kairi is lol, she's one of the purest babyfaces but this company has turned Sami Zayn and Bayley heel so nothing is off limits. Tbh, Kairi is shining bright in her new role- Asuka is the crazy over the top villain and Kairi is like the adorable evil little sister, true anime heels :haylul:

Her new look too is amazing :sanapray:

The lineups are interesting, Team Ripley has Tegan Nox but not Dakota Kai? And I guess either Kai or Mia Yim would have to turn heel and join Shayna's team, Idk who else could join them otherwise.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I'm so surprised at just how good a heel Kairi is lol, she's one of the purest babyfaces but this company has turned Sami Zayn and Bayley heel so nothing is off limits. Tbh, Kairi is shining bright in her new role- Asuka is the crazy over the top villain and Kairi is like the adorable evil little sister, true anime heels :haylul:

Her new look too is amazing :sanapray:

The lineups are interesting, Team Ripley has Tegan Nox but not Dakota Kai? And I guess either Kai or Mia Yim would have to turn heel and join Shayna's team, Idk who else could join them otherwise.
Yeah, she is really good and very convincing, but we knew that when she was a heel with Io Shirai and Mayu Watanabe against Pentagon Dark in the Lucha Underground. whether she's a pure babyface or an evil little heel, she's great at them both.
I honestly think that she may turn babyface again soon though, as it seems like Charlotte and Nattie will be taking the titles off of the Kabuki Warriors soon and then Asuka might turn on Kairi and then we have a feud, which, I'm not gonna lie, I would love to see.

My 3 favourite wrestlers currently are Kairi, Io, and Asuka :haylul: It would be amazing if those 3 could team up as well.

Well, I heard that Dakota Kai got injured in the Kabuki Warrior match last week, so she can't take part in it, so they are going for Mia Yim instead as what we have just seen:

All that's left now is Shayna to pick her last team member.

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
And Orange Cassidy lol

Orange Cassidy is amazing :sj_weary:
You should watch his match vs PAC from one of their PPVs, I forgot the name lol. But it was SO GOOD :sj_weary:

Also from that same PPV, Kenny Omega/Hangman Page vs the Young Bucks, probably greatest tag team match I've ever seen in 20 years as a fan.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MY
I want to get into AEW more because I think it's the better show but my favourite wrestlers are on WWE which is Kairi, Io and Asuka, so if at least 2 of them went to AEW, I would finish with WWE and completely change to AEW.
I do think Io has unfinished business on WWE though, I mean she's just won the NXT Women's title but as soon as she goes to the main roster, they are sure to ruin her.

@Darth_Ozy Did you hear what Ryback said about Kairi Sane and Nia Jax?

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I want to get into AEW more because I think it's the better show but my favourite wrestlers are on WWE which is Kairi, Io and Asuka, so if at least 2 of them went to AEW, I would finish with WWE and completely change to AEW.
I do think Io has unfinished business on WWE though, I mean she's just won the NXT Women's title but as soon as she goes to the main roster, they are sure to ruin her.

@Darth_Ozy Did you hear what Ryback said about Kairi Sane and Nia Jax?
Tbh I'm not as sold on AEW as most Twitter stans are- majority of whom just love to do it to trash WWE imo lol. They have had some EXCELLENT matches and moments, but it's also mixed with very mediocre stuff. Not to mention outside a few names, the star power is severely lacking. I really don't want to see so much Cody Rhodes on my screen though I do like Moxley, Hangman Page, Kenny Omega.
And the women's division is really weak compared to NXT/WWE, which is why I hope Kairi, Io or Asuka never switch lol. With the opponents in AEW they just aren't gonna be having matches/segments of that level. Soon they'll be jobbing to Britt Baker :haylul:

For my money, NXT is the best show top to bottom still, although Raw has been really good last 2-3 months. Drew Mcintyre as champ and Seth Rollins as the Monday Night Messiah are killing it imo.

@Keihatsu oh not yet, what did Ryback say?

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MY
Tbh I'm not as sold on AEW as most Twitter stans are- majority of whom just love to do it to trash WWE imo lol. They have had some EXCELLENT matches and moments, but it's also mixed with very mediocre stuff. Not to mention outside a few names, the star power is severely lacking. I really don't want to see so much Cody Rhodes on my screen though I do like Moxley, Hangman Page, Kenny Omega.
And the women's division is really weak compared to NXT/WWE, which is why I hope Kairi, Io or Asuka never switch lol. With the opponents in AEW they just aren't gonna be having matches/segments of that level. Soon they'll be jobbing to Britt Baker :haylul:

For my money, NXT is the best show top to bottom still, although Raw has been really good last 2-3 months. Drew Mcintyre as champ and Seth Rollins as the Monday Night Messiah are killing it imo.

@Keihatsu oh not yet, what did Ryback say?
That is true and also WWE fans also shit on AEW lol but I think you can enjoy both products.

Yeah, I am not really a fan of the AEW Women's division and it could be a lot better, but they are a new company, I think we should give them a bit more time to get better female talent.

I wouldn't mind for Kairi to go back to NXT, like Finn Balor did if I'm honest as she's completely wasted on the main roster.

I honestly can't believe he is blaming Kairi. Jax grabbed her by the head and Kairi wasn't set and lost her footing and she's a much smaller opponent.

"I've gotten this from fans where they used me in storyline angles to injure people...it was especially when I was a babyface, they did a bit. Like, they did one where they said I injured Punk's knee, which Punk's knee was hurt—that was a storyline to get Punk off TV," Ryback revealed. "Because I remember I would get some, like hate and stuff, like, 'You f***ing hurt this guy' and I'm like, 'What? People are responding to worked things like that?"

Ryback continued, "I remember they did it with Kofi to write Kofi off of TV. He had bone chips in his elbow and I was heel, I think. I was getting ready...I don't know if that was leading up to me and Cena, but I was powerbombing people like crazy. I powerbombed Kofi through three tables in Canada, and I remember they then put it on dot-com that I hurt Kofi's elbow. People, in their heads, Ryback just hurts people, right? And I'm this big, jacked-up strong guy, and that creates this aura about you. So, my thing is, you don't necessarily know when they're doing that some times."

The former Intercontinental Champion detailed how to protect oneself from injury; what he calls " knowing how to work." He followed with examples of how he protected himself from legitimately getting hurt, explaining he sees it as part of the job.

"There's a way to do things where you make it look like you're really hurting someone way worse than you are, also," Ryback said, mentioning how the position of the arms while delivering a powerbomb can make the move look worse than it really is. "There's so many little things that people, they don't know because, they don't know."

After viewing the video of Sane taking the bad bump into the ring steps, Ryback declared that it wasn't Nia's fault.

"You can do that to me all day long and I'm not getting hurt," Ryback stated. "You can throw me 10 times harder than that. And that's a real thing, knowing how to protect yourself."

Ryback also claimed people outside of the ring try to cause trouble in these situations, saying, "Who has come out and said that, what's the source that said this was Nia's fault? This is bulls*** wrestling. Anybody in the back – these sh*t producers and people – they stir up sh*t all day long. I don't have time for it. If Nia was truly as dangerous as what people want to believe, she would not be working every week on TV. She wouldn't. She wouldn't. If I was remotely dangerous, would I be working with all of these main-eventers? No, I would have been pulled out of it."

Ryback admitted Nia's move on Sane didn't look smooth, but emphasized again that wrestlers need to know how to protect themselves.

"Accountability. And again, you can take Mark Henry and let him throw me as hard as he f***ing wants into the steps, I'll find a way to take it safely," stated Ryback.

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
That is true and also WWE fans also shit on AEW lol but I think you can enjoy both products.

Yeah, I am not really a fan of the AEW Women's division and it could be a lot better, but they are a new company, I think we should give them a bit more time to get better female talent.

I wouldn't mind for Kairi to go back to NXT, like Finn Balor did if I'm honest as she's completely wasted on the main roster.

I honestly can't believe he is blaming Kairi. Jax grabbed her by the head and Kairi wasn't set and lost her footing and she's a much smaller opponent.

"I've gotten this from fans where they used me in storyline angles to injure people...it was especially when I was a babyface, they did a bit. Like, they did one where they said I injured Punk's knee, which Punk's knee was hurt—that was a storyline to get Punk off TV," Ryback revealed. "Because I remember I would get some, like hate and stuff, like, 'You f***ing hurt this guy' and I'm like, 'What? People are responding to worked things like that?"

Ryback continued, "I remember they did it with Kofi to write Kofi off of TV. He had bone chips in his elbow and I was heel, I think. I was getting ready...I don't know if that was leading up to me and Cena, but I was powerbombing people like crazy. I powerbombed Kofi through three tables in Canada, and I remember they then put it on dot-com that I hurt Kofi's elbow. People, in their heads, Ryback just hurts people, right? And I'm this big, jacked-up strong guy, and that creates this aura about you. So, my thing is, you don't necessarily know when they're doing that some times."

The former Intercontinental Champion detailed how to protect oneself from injury; what he calls " knowing how to work." He followed with examples of how he protected himself from legitimately getting hurt, explaining he sees it as part of the job.

"There's a way to do things where you make it look like you're really hurting someone way worse than you are, also," Ryback said, mentioning how the position of the arms while delivering a powerbomb can make the move look worse than it really is. "There's so many little things that people, they don't know because, they don't know."

After viewing the video of Sane taking the bad bump into the ring steps, Ryback declared that it wasn't Nia's fault.

"You can do that to me all day long and I'm not getting hurt," Ryback stated. "You can throw me 10 times harder than that. And that's a real thing, knowing how to protect yourself."

Ryback also claimed people outside of the ring try to cause trouble in these situations, saying, "Who has come out and said that, what's the source that said this was Nia's fault? This is bulls*** wrestling. Anybody in the back – these sh*t producers and people – they stir up sh*t all day long. I don't have time for it. If Nia was truly as dangerous as what people want to believe, she would not be working every week on TV. She wouldn't. She wouldn't. If I was remotely dangerous, would I be working with all of these main-eventers? No, I would have been pulled out of it."

Ryback admitted Nia's move on Sane didn't look smooth, but emphasized again that wrestlers need to know how to protect themselves.

"Accountability. And again, you can take Mark Henry and let him throw me as hard as he f***ing wants into the steps, I'll find a way to take it safely," stated Ryback.
Ryback being a botch machine himself probably doesn't see anything wrong with it. Of course you need to protect youself but it's on the hands of the bigger opponent doing the move. If you're thrown carelessly and not at the right distance/velocity etc. it doesn't matter how careful you are, you'll get rekt.
Ryback missed an entire table when throwing Punk on it so I don't trust his words lol.

Nia was so unsafe she actually got the Buckle Bomb banned now, I guess even Rollins can't do it anymore thanks to Jax. I hope she retires or whatever, I've seen enough Nia Jax for a lifetime :nayeonisdone:

About AEW's women's division, the only concern is WWE has pretty much raided most of the talent pool from the indies and Japan lol, so right now AEW doesn't have a lot of attractive options to go after who could become big stars. Sure, they can go after some joshi talent but even there since WWE pretty much took both of Stardom's top stars, they'd have an upper hand. Even Western females like Scarlett, Chelsea Green, Santana Garrett and Mercedes Martinez have now signed with WWE, I guess AEW could go for Tessa Blanchard and Maki Itoh.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MY
Ryback being a botch machine himself probably doesn't see anything wrong with it. Of course you need to protect youself but it's on the hands of the bigger opponent doing the move. If you're thrown carelessly and not at the right distance/velocity etc. it doesn't matter how careful you are, you'll get rekt.
Ryback missed an entire table when throwing Punk on it so I don't trust his words lol.

Nia was so unsafe she actually got the Buckle Bomb banned now, I guess even Rollins can't do it anymore thanks to Jax. I hope she retires or whatever, I've seen enough Nia Jax for a lifetime :nayeonisdone:

About AEW's women's division, the only concern is WWE has pretty much raided most of the talent pool from the indies and Japan lol, so right now AEW doesn't have a lot of attractive options to go after who could become big stars. Sure, they can go after some joshi talent but even there since WWE pretty much took both of Stardom's top stars, they'd have an upper hand. Even Western females like Scarlett, Chelsea Green, Santana Garrett and Mercedes Martinez have now signed with WWE, I guess AEW could go for Tessa Blanchard and Maki Itoh.
That's exactly what I was thinking. Also, when Ryback said 'if she was so dangerous, she wouldn't be working in the WWE', while that would be true for anyone else, Nia is The Rock's cousin, and she's not just anyone.
I remember when she almost killed Charlotte twice in one night! She also injured Zelina Vega, Ember Moon, Becky Lynch and hell, why not just go to the men's roster and injure R Truth?

She's injured at least 10 people in the time she's been a wrestler for WWE and injured Kairi twice now!

I also understand that you have to protect yourself, but Kairi didn't have time to and Nia grabbed her by the head and just threw her. She also did something like that when Kairi played the recorder and Jax just threw her head first into that hard box thing.

I'm not sure about Nia Jax getting fired, but she should definitely go back to developmental and work on the holes she has, she needs to be retrained and then come back in 2 years or something. she could be a beast if she was trained right and took more care.

That is true about the women's roster on AEW.

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
That's exactly what I was thinking. Also, when Ryback said 'if she was so dangerous, she wouldn't be working in the WWE', while that would be true for anyone else, Nia is The Rock's cousin, and she's not just anyone.
I remember when she almost killed Charlotte twice in one night! She also injured Zelina Vega, Ember Moon, Becky Lynch and hell, why not just go to the men's roster and injure R Truth?

She's injured at least 10 people in the time she's been a wrestler for WWE and injured Kairi twice now!

I also understand that you have to protect yourself, but Kairi didn't have time to and Nia grabbed her by the head and just threw her. She also did something like that when Kairi played the recorder and Jax just threw her head first into that hard box thing.

I'm not sure about Nia Jax getting fired, but she should definitely go back to developmental and work on the holes she has, she needs to be retrained and then come back in 2 years or something. she could be a beast if she was trained right and took more care.

That is true about the women's roster on AEW.
LMAO Ryback saying that when there have been so many unsafe/green workers in WWE over the years :haylul:
Surprisingly, despite his rough style, Brock Lesnar is said to be one of the safest guys to work with. The performer needs to have the required strength and control, something Nia Jax sorely lacks. Sadly she's Rock's cousin so I don't see her getting fired or demoted, best I can hope for is retirement lol.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MY
LMAO Ryback saying that when there have been so many unsafe/green workers in WWE over the years :haylul:
Surprisingly, despite his rough style, Brock Lesnar is said to be one of the safest guys to work with. The performer needs to have the required strength and control, something Nia Jax sorely lacks. Sadly she's Rock's cousin so I don't see her getting fired or demoted, best I can hope for is retirement lol.
Ikr? :haylul: Exactly! If there is one thing you can say about Brock Lesnar is that he has never been a dangerous worker and the complaints he usually gets are because he is not on the product that much as a champion :haylul:

Not only that but the bigger wrestler is always responsible for the smaller opponent. yes, the smaller wrestler has to obviously work with their opponent, but it's still the responsibility of the larger wrestler to be as safe as possible as the smaller wrestler will be thrown around a lot.

Well, something needs to happen because she will end up serious hurting someone or even killing someone one day.

Tickita

♦️🍰♥️
Reactions Received
Website
tickittaa.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
KingCassie
Pronouns
she, her, mrrp
I've been into it on and off since I was a kid, so I'm at the point where I'm trying to see what I really like. I watched Raw and Smackdown for about 9 months last year, and AEW and NXT maybe twice? I don't really prefer one over the other at this time, and I can't really pick for the same reason

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
@Darth_Ozy We need Io Vs Sasha!
YESSS I know, so excited :sj_weary:

Btw speaking of NXT, I've become a big fan of Tegan Nox lol. I think she's a fantastic babyface and can really go in the ring :pepeheart:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread