COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

The Official Pro-Wrestling Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Which is your favourite WWE Brand?

• Raw

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Smackdown Live

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • NXT

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • 205 Live

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Please don't tell me that you think having 3 minute matchups and still holding onto the belt even after being counted out is ok?
It is NOT ok.
It's the champions advantage. It goes well with The Iiconics' title defense schtick like how they defended it against The Brooklyn Belles. The match length could've been better but it's like heels retaining via DQ. It's not done that often but it makes the chase for the belt longer. They'll probably extend this to Summerslam with hopefully The Kabuki Warriors winning.

And how does this make the Kabuki Warriors have personality in the ring? In NXT they were amazing but on the main brands, they are being made to look like a joke.
Uh the beatdown at the end? You can see how frustrated Asuka and Kairi are.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
It's the champions advantage. It goes well with The Iiconics' title defense schtick like how they defended it against The Brooklyn Belles. The match length could've been better but it's like heels retaining via DQ. It's not done that often but it makes the chase for the belt longer. They'll probably extend this to Summerslam with hopefully The Kabuki Warriors winning.

Uh the beatdown at the end? You can see how frustrated Asuka and Kairi are.
Well, that is true now that I think about it.
It will also mean more to get those titles at Summerslam for The Kabuki Warriors than it would on Smackdown.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Well, that is true now that I think about it.
It will also mean more to get those titles at Summerslam for The Kabuki Warriors than it would on Smackdown.
Yup! The titles haven't been in a PPV since Wrestlemania I think? So if this leads to a Summerslam match then it would be so much better for The Kabuki Warriors. The titles have been in limbo since the dirtsheets say that The Iiconics' first feud was supposed to be against The Bellas but Nikki had to retire officially due to a cyst on her brain.

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Tbh I'm not much of an Iiconics fan and wish Sasha/Bayley had a longer reign. And Kabuki Warriors vs Sasha/Bayley would be a much better match, but the titles barely get any spotlight now so.

On the other hand, Smackdown Live seems to be going ahead with deciding to push Liv Morgan as an underdog babyface and I'm here for that. Her standing up to Charlotte and that match/post match line went a long way in setting her up on a heroic arc. She could be a really fun babyface to get behind.

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Io Shirai heel entrance is so badass :sj_weary:
This is the Io I'm in love with. So much cockiness and bad bitch vibes- like a Yakuza hitman :sanapray:

Gave me flashbacks to her as Hitokiri from Lucha Underground :maheart:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Io Shirai heel entrance is so badass :sj_weary:
This is the Io I'm in love with. So much cockiness and bad bitch vibes- like a Yakuza hitman :sanapray:

Gave me flashbacks to her as Hitokiri from Lucha Underground :maheart:
I love how she's boo'ed as well! She's facing Kacy Catanzaro on NXT this week, can't wait to see that match!

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Why doesn't the WWE Youtube channel show the women's matches anymore? There were two of them on NXT, yet they haven't shown them. Here is the match of Io Shirai vs Kacy Catanzaro. Io did about 3 moves before Candice Lerae attacked her:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
@Ozymandias @feepit @Kiseki
I also have seen the hashtag #givewomenachance on their WWE roster because the WWE isn't giving the women hardly any matches and that was because they said how bad this 20-minute match was, the match last week was involving Naomi, Alexa Bliss, Natalya, and Carmella.
I think Vince is now too scared to give Women longer matches, but it really does depend on who you put in the match and there are plenty of super talented Women who can put on a great show.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
@Ozymandias @feepit @Kiseki
I also have seen the hashtag #givewomenachance on their WWE roster because the WWE isn't giving the women hardly any matches and that was because they said how bad this 20-minute match was, the match last week was involving Naomi, Alexa Bliss, Natalya, and Carmella.
I think Vince is now too scared to give Women longer matches, but it really does depend on who you put in the match and there are plenty of super talented Women who can put on a great show.
That fatal fourway was too long tbh. If it was around 15 minutes, the flow would've been better. Too many rest holds for that match.

I think 10-15 minute matches would be fine especially if you have girls who aren't as good or doesn't have interesting movesets. Like Natalya is probably the best in Raw but her moveset is kind of stale now so putting her in a 25 minute match with both Bliss and Carmela might not have been the best idea. It would've been better if Nikki Cross was there instead of Carmela since it was a Raw match, we would've gotten a more interesting match.

I think Smackdown is currently in a better position with Bayley vs. Ember for Summerslam plus that segment where Ember rolled Bayley in the ring for Charlotte to attack developed Ember more instead of being everybody's friend.

Fire & Desire vs. The Iiconics might be interesting, I can see the Kabuki Warriors interfering or guarding the ring for shenanigans that The Iiconics might pull off.

Liv is probably gonna be repackaged, which is sad since her current gimmick suits her so much.

I like the Natalya vs. Becky feud since Nattie gets to be a bitch again lol

Sun

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
This poll isn’t fair I like all of the options but I can only choose one

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Dave Meltzer’s NXT Takeover Toronto Ratings:
1) Io Shirai vs Candice LeRae: 4.25
2) Johnny Gargano vs Adam Cole: 4
3) Street Profits vs UE: 3.75
4) Pete Dunne vs Roderick Strong vs Velveteen Dream: 3.5
5) Mia Yim vs Shayna Baszler: 1

Keynotes he made: - he watched it after watching the G1 so it was a tough grading - LeRae/Shirai was one of the best women’s matches in WWE that he’s seen in a while and that it could’ve been higher if given more time - Cole/Gargano was way overproduced.

What are your thoughts on this?
@Ozymandias @Kiseki @feepit

Last edited:
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Dave Meltzer’s NXT Takeover Toronto Ratings:
1) Io Shirai vs Candice LeRae: 4.25
2) Johnny Gargano vs Adam Cole: 4
3) Street Profits vs UE: 3.75
4) Pete Dunne vs Roderick Strong vs Velveteen Dream: 3.5
5) Mia Yim vs Shayna Baszler: 1

Keynotes he made: - he watched it after watching the G1 so it was a tough grading - LeRae/Shirai was one of the best women’s matches in WWE that he’s seen in a while and that it could’ve been higher if given more time - Cole/Gargano was way overproduced.

What are your thoughts on this?
@Ozymandias @Kiseki @feepit
If Io Shirai vs. Candice LeRae was in Tokyo Dome he'll probably give it 5 stars lmao
Loved the 3 Stages of Hell match, I knew they weren't going to use the barbed wires but it was a fun thing to see. Is this finally goodbye for Jonny Wrestling on NXT though? He got a sendoff-ish after the match.
I thought the Street Profits were gonna drop the titles since they were being featured on the main roster but I guess this is better than suffering the same fate as the other call-ups.
I was really hoping for Pete Dunne to win so Dream can move on to the NXT Title Picture but oh well. The close calls were good.
Miya Yim vs. Shayna Baszler sucked. I just want the title off of Baszler. It's too stagnant now and we all know how it's gonna end.

SASHA AND THE FIEND THOUGH?

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I didn't watch Hell in the Cell, but I know that it had a terrible ending.
However, I'm extremely happy that Asuka and Kairi are now tag team champs!

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
A referee stoppage/DQ to end a Hell in a Cell match, what kind of stupidity are we seeing :wimwim:

On the flipside, I checked out AEW Dynamite and it was amazing, great production values, looks really big league, AMAZING commentary, much better camera work and an audience invested in the product. I like it.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
A referee stoppage/DQ to end a Hell in a Cell match, what kind of stupidity are we seeing :wimwim:

On the flipside, I checked out AEW Dynamite and it was amazing, great production values, looks really big league, AMAZING commentary, much better camera work and an audience invested in the product. I like it.
Yeah, I didn't see that one either but heard that it was way better than Hell in a Cell.
I mean, how can you have a DQ in a no-DQ match? :welp:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
@Ozymandias @feepit I'm just wondering, do you think that Kairi and Asuka only got the Women's tag titles because of Riho winning the AEW Women's Championship a few days before?
It was pretty unexpected to say the least and was created about 24 hours just before HIAC.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Friday Night Smackdown was the best one in a long time! NXT Invasion was pretty good, although Monday Night Raw wasn't as good.

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
So, who's excited for the first-ever Women's NXT Wargames match?

@Kiseki @Hayabusa
The NXT Women's division is so stacked, I wish we could have Kabuki Warriors in it permanently too lol.
This Io Shirai/Rhea Ripley/Candice LeRae/Shayna dynamic is pretty exciting, the War Games match should be pretty kickass too, all the women involved can work although I'm not too keen on Shayna's MMA sidekicks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread