COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Reality The Bachelor Vietnam - The second LGBTQ couple to come from the franchise. (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MY
I say second because there was a couple who came from the Australian Bachelor a few years ago I believe, although they have split up now.

I don't actually watch this show, but when one of the contestants confessed her feelings to one of the other contestants on live TV, it went viral as you can see here:

People were saying how this was all fake and a stunt for viewing ratings, especially when the girl who was confessed to shortly went back on the show, but they both agreed on it to see if their feelings were actually real and not just because they were always on the show close together.

But anyway, 1 month ago, this video was posted and they still look really happy together:

They have been together for about 6 months now.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MY
They're both so pretty, and they look really happy together <3
Yes I agree!
Just imagine what they went through to be together though, I believe their parents were not happy with it at first and one of the girls parents made a remark saying: 'How on earth are you going to find a boyfriend and get married now? You have ruined your life!'
But she replied with: ' Would you rather me find a boyfriend, get married and then break up because I am unhappy? Or would you rather see me happy with the one I love?'
The parents support them now after that discussion.

I hope they stay together for a long time and prove the doubters wrong.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I think it's very sweet, and usually the main guy isn't even that great of the catch in the end so there might be better opportunity to find actually love within contestants if you are into same sex too xd

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Yes I agree!
Just imagine what they went through to be together though, I believe their parents were not happy with it at first and one of the girls parents made a remark saying: 'How on earth are you going to find a boyfriend and get married now? You have ruined your life!'
But she replied with: ' Would you rather me find a boyfriend, get married and then break up because I am unhappy? Or would you rather see me happy with the one I love?'
The parents support them now after that discussion.

I hope they stay together for a long time and prove the doubters wrong.
Aw, poor them :( But I'm glad their parents came through, it's great to hear that!

I really hope they stay together for a long time too!

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MY
I think it's very sweet, and usually the main guy isn't even that great of the catch in the end so there might be better opportunity to find actually love within contestants if you are into same sex too xd
Well, if you think about it, the contestants are all female (unless it is the Bachelorette, then they are all male), they are mostly together all the time, so they make enemies, they make friends, so it is not too far-fetched for them to find love within the contestants! It's just that they are on a live show to millions of people in the whole nation and in this case, the whole world.
It's also no surprise that the Bachelor wanted her to stay and keep the rose, but then the host butted in and told her to not pass up the opportunity.
If she had followed what everyone else wanted her to do and stayed until the end, there is still no guarantee of her winning the show and even if she had of won, would she really have been happy and no regrets that she passed up on love with the other girl? I highly doubt that.
Although she did come back to the show, she stayed for a couple more episodes to see if her love with the other contestant was real.

Aw, poor them :( But I'm glad their parents came through, it's great to hear that!

I really hope they stay together for a long time too!
Yeah, the thing you want most is your family to support you and always have your back!
Me too! They are so adorable!

Here is an interview about them:

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Well, if you think about it, the contestants are all female (unless it is the Bachelorette, then they are all male), they are mostly together all the time, so they make enemies, they make friends, so it is not too far-fetched for them to find love within the contestants! It's just that they are on a live show to millions of people in the whole nation and in this case, the whole world.
It's also no surprise that the Bachelor wanted her to stay and keep the rose, but then the host butted in and told her to not pass up the opportunity.
If she had followed what everyone else wanted her to do and stayed until the end, there is still no guarantee of her winning the show and even if she had of won, would she really have been happy and no regrets that she passed up on love with the other girl? I highly doubt that.
Although she did come back to the show, she stayed for a couple more episodes to see if her love with the other contestant was real.

Yeah, the thing you want most is your family to support you and always have your back!

Yes, and actually in my country's form of Bachelor the girls usually don't even fight that much and consider best part of whole thing the friendships with they get with other girls. Usually they don't even up liking the Bachelor that much, there is lot of difference between US and Finnish version there like majority are just middle interested with Bachelor not actually in love xd So if there is bisexual contestants in my country's ver I could very much see them falling with each other too, since they actually spent majority of the time with each other in the house with nothing else to do than get to know each other and they actually don't even see Bachelor that much like they usually don't even get that much alone time with the guy.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MY
Yes, and actually in my country's form of Bachelor the girls usually don't even fight that much and consider best part of whole thing the friendships with they get with other girls. Usually they don't even up liking the Bachelor that much, there is lot of difference between US and Finnish version there like majority are just middle interested with Bachelor not actually in love xd So if there is bisexual contestants in my country's ver I could very much see them falling with each other too, since they actually spent majority of the time with each other in the house with nothing else to do than get to know each other and they actually don't even see Bachelor that much like they usually don't even get that much alone time with the guy.
Yes I do agree with that!
If someone is bisexual and they go on a show like the Bachelor where there is only 1 man who is the Bachelor and there is about 15 to 20 contestants, the chances of the bisexual girl falling in love with the Bachelor are 1 in 16 or 1 in 21, since she will also have much more women around her where she can either be friends or even fall in love with them, so the chance for her to fall in love with the guy and not one of the girls is very slim and possibly even more slimmer because she would be surrounded by the women most of the time and only spending time with the man when they actually win a competition or something.
Where are you from? Did you say Finland?

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Yes I do agree with that!
If someone is bisexual and they go on a show like the Bachelor where there is only 1 man who is the Bachelor and there is about 15 to 20 contestants, the chances of the bisexual girl falling in love with the Bachelor are 1 in 16 or 1 in 21, since she will also have much more women around her where she can either be friends or even fall in love with them, so the chance for her to fall in love with the guy and not one of the girls is very slim and possibly even more slimmer because she would be surrounded by the women most of the time and only spending time with the man when they actually win a competition or something.
Where are you from? Did you say Finland?
Yup im from Finland : )

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship

AWWWW MINH THU SAID TRUC NU IS HER SOULMATE THAT IS THE SWEETEST THING EVER <3

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MY
AWWWW MINH THU SAID TRUC NU IS HER SOULMATE THAT IS THE SWEETEST THING EVER <3
Ikr? I really want them to stay together and tbh I think they will because they look very happy together.
Also, I would love there to be a movie about this later or based on the it, like getting to see their feelings develop for each other and any struggles they faced to try and hold in those feelings etc, I think it would make a great lgbtq movie or even a series.

Yup im from Finland : )
Oh that's cool! Where in Finland are you from? :)

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ikr? I really want them to stay together and tbh I think they will because they look very happy together.
Also, I would love there to be a movie about this later or based on the it, like getting to see their feelings develop for each other and any struggles they faced to try and hold in those feelings etc, I think it would make a great lgbtq movie or even a series.

Originally west coast

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship

Omigosh a movie would be too good for words :llama_laugh: I definitely think so, this is a really touching story and more people should know about it. Maybe homophobic people would actually change their minds on LGBTQ too!

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MY
Omigosh a movie would be too good for words :llama_laugh: I definitely think so, this is a really touching story and more people should know about it. Maybe homophobic people would actually change their minds on LGBTQ too!
Yes, I believe they said they wanted to do something like that in the interview!
Before they met, they both had never been in a relationship with another woman before, so I think everything is a new experience for them, although one of the girls said that there isn't much difference of being in a relationship with a guy or girl, except from the obvious things, which is true and I think that is what many people don't think of.

Yes true, but most homophobic are so set in their ways that it is very hard for something to change their mind, especially anything involving lgbtq, but I think it will help so many people who are struggling with their sexuality.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Yes, I believe they said they wanted to do something like that in the interview!
Before they met, they both had never been in a relationship with another woman before, so I think everything is a new experience for them, although one of the girls said that there isn't much difference of being in a relationship with a guy or girl, except from the obvious things, which is true and I think that is what many people don't think of.

Yes true, but most homophobic are so set in their ways that it is very hard for something to change their mind, especially anything involving lgbtq, but I think it will help so many people who are struggling with their sexuality.
One of the girls said they share the same clothes, I found that so sweet <3

I know, sadly :( but I guess there's hope

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MY
One of the girls said they share the same clothes, I found that so sweet <3

I know, sadly :( but I guess there's hope
Yeah, they were asked what are the benefits with being with the same gender and she replied 'sharing the same clothes' haha.
I guess that when you are in a relationship with the same sex and who is a similar size to you, you can share stuff.
Truc Nhu also does Martial Arts and was a stuntwoman before she went on the show and I think Minh Thu is learning Martial Arts from her as well which is also really sweet :pandalove::pandahappy:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread