COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

News The 1975 singer Matt Healy kisses fan in Dubai, defying anti-LGBT laws (1 Viewer)

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
The lead singer of British pop group The 1975 kissed a male fan during a concert in Dubai, in defiance of the region's anti-LGBT laws.
A video posted online by an audience member, and later deleted, showed Matt Healy walking toward the crowd at the gig on Wednesday and asking a man if he wanted a kiss.
After kissing him, Healy returned to the stage and said, "I love you bro. We're all human, right?," it was reported.
Homosexuality is punishable by imprisonment in the United Arab Emirates.

Healy later posted on Twitter: "Thank you Dubai you were so amazing. I don't think we'll be allowed back due to my 'behaviour' but know that I love you and I wouldn't have done anything differently given the chance again."
"But who knows maybe they will let me back in let's just wait and see :)," he added.

At another point in the concert at the Coca-Cola Arena, a video posted online showed Healy crying and telling the crowd: "I just want us to identify as humans and not as groups of individual different people."
"I'm sorry, I know it seems indulgent for me to cry but I do this every night and it's the same thing, I see so much passion and pain and I know what you guys are going through and I know you're not representative of your governments," he added, to cheers from the crowd.
The 1975 were touring in support of their third album, "A Brief Inquiry into Online Relationship

thats brave of him. I feel like he wont be allowed back, but doing something this public in such a conservative country isn't easy. I wonder what happened to the male fan, if he lives there I wonder if he got any sort of backlash, I hope he was just a visitor or something.​

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
I applaud the bravery but what about the fan?
He could be in real trouble

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread