COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

[Tea Time]2nd Gen Stans... (1 Viewer)

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
What do you think about your bias groups successor? :pepesmug:

Blackjacks how do you feel about Blackpink?
Sones what do you think about Twice?
MeUs→Red Velvet
VIPs→iKon (?)
y'all get the gist :nayeonisdone:
Be honest
Cherry doesn't judge much

And on the flip, (Once, Luvie, Blink etc) what do you think about your bias groups predecessors?

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
💡 Lightbulb
Ship
I guess Highlight's successor would be Pentagon and ngl, I'm not a huge fan of them. I only liked a couple of their songs

Meanwhile for RV, I think SNSD was great. They had an iconic discography and were all really talented. That being said though, I never got really into them and don't stan.

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
bring 2nd gen back please... I mean 3rd is good, but 2nd was iconic :yolk:

Reactions Received
Website
www.HOW-TO-BE-AS-PERFECT-THAN-ME.Com
KS Coins
Fandom
MY/Sone/reveluv
Pronouns
whatever i don't care
Blackpink : Disappointed in the fact that they stand out less than 2ne1 and take less risk, musically, in their fashion and in their concept and mv

Twice : Disappointed in the vocal line who is weak compare to what SNSD used me, same for the dance line Momo bring the level up but the other member of the dance line don't really stand out as good dancer , mina is still very stiff in the way she move and the lack of evolution in their concept and sound

Red velvet : I'm also disappointed a little in the fact that they don't have choregraphy as interesting than f(x) had but i love the fact that they show much more diversity than f(xà in their title track since their debut, they have this f(x) touch with more colorful and quirkness, and they also take more risk musically than f(x) i feel

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I am a sone and an once and I love TWICE
for me they are the best thing about the 3rd gen, they are a very complete group and I love them a lot:sanapray:
also RV I simply love RV, they have so many great concepts and amazing b-sides their discography is one of the best in SM (together with tvxq, SNSD, f(x), SHINee)

VillageIdiot

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Snsd=Twice: Despite having similar concepts Twice and Soshi are polar opposites and it actually suits both groups really well. Soshi had a mastery over emotionally ballads and girly bubblegum pop while Twice dominates Color pop and fun-party-girl concepts. Soshi has never failed to move me to tears, Twice has never failed to pick me up when I feel sad

Soshi existed as a group of strong individuals that each stood out together, Twice fits together as a cohesive, harmonious unit that compliments each individual (I hope it stays that way :sanapray: ) Soshi's most significant feature is their vocal line and harmonies while Twice's is their dance line and synchronization
I always feel like Soshi was one during ballads and Twice is one on stage :sakUwu:

F(x)=Red Velvet: f(x)'s Music was more experimental whereas RV has more R&B geared music. I prefer f(x)'s work to casually listen too. In general I find both discographies overrated but that's just me :taemsip: The lineup dynamic is really similar. Both groups have an individual considered to be one of the best in a particular field (Victoria and Wendy), both have a hard-working, support talented well-rounder (Luna and Seulgi), both have a significantly older leader

2ne1=Blackpink: Don't know enough about 2ne1 :taesquish:
Anticipate Rosé And Minzy's solo albums

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I'm not sure if either Miss A or Wonder Girls is 2nd gen or naaah

But when it comes to staying within JYP.....

ITZY would be like the successor to Miss A
and TWICE would be like the successor to Wonder Girls

2PM/2AM doesn't really seem to have an successor.
Because Stray Kids and GOT7 seem to kinda both fit 2PM.

I feel like I can't say the same for YG/SM because there isn't like a successor for like Big Mama, f(x), TRAX, JINUSEAN, Fly to the Sky, CSJH the Grace....

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
💡 Lightbulb
Ship
I consider btob as beast/highlight successors, and i think they did well.
i completely forgot btob is 3rd gen whoops. And I agree with you, btob is crazy talented.

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
I'm an early 3rd gen stan...But I love a lot of 2nd gen groups and I lowkey think 2nd gen groups were better... (Except for EXO... They are superior!)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Bold of you to asume that BP and RV are the successors of 2ne1 and F(x).
I may seem like bitter but in all honesty I don't know why BP is so popular, their music has been going downhill since PWF. I really liked Square 1 and 2, they showed a very fresh sound and naturality, now I don't know exactly what are they trying to sell because the super chic-exclusive-sweet- upper echelon-badass image, comes off as fake. The fact that other groups have been able to pull off the girl crush concept better than them says a lot.

About RV, I am still trying to guess how are they similar to F(x). Is very clear that RV has never been as experimental as F(x) and they have a dual concept, which makes them kinda predictable although, they always find a way to not repeat themselves.

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
How about T-ARA and DIA @MonCherry :joysip:

Anyway,

SNSD-Twice: I'm one of the Sones who's a full time Once so I love both of them. SNSD are more vocally gifted but Twice dancing seems more synchronized. Twice are also starting to slowly diversify their sound so it should be interesting to see where they go.
SNSD Japanese discography still >>>> tho.

BigBang-iKON: In terms of raw talent, iKON > BB as a whole. Vocally, for me, June + Jinhwan > Taeyang and Daesung, and even Donghyuk and Yunhyeong are solid vocalists. Obviously iKON dance >>>> BB, in terms of rap it's debatable about GD/TOP vs BI/Bobby. Where BB excels is songwriting, production, making hit songs. iKON were on their way honestly, but now with BI gone Idk. BB were also trendsetters in so many ways, it's hard for anybody to replicate. Both Winner and iKON are still kinda under the large shadow BigBang has cast.

Most other groups I stan don't have direct predecessors tbh. Maybe EXO/NCT but NCT sound is a lot more experimental. In terms of talent, they're close, NCT might be even better. But EXO discography blows NCT away.

VillageIdiot

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship

How did I never know you were a Sone :nakypog:
Well I am, or atleast used to be. Post Sicagate and especially now with members leaving SM, I'm more of a casual Taeyeon stan. Still support all the girls though :sanapray:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread