COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Movie Star Wars Rise of Skywalker Beware spoilers unmarked zone (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
so as threadctitle says all spoilers are unmarked cos it's 42 years long coming n I don't wanna.
Spoilers below:

So I just watched Star Wars Episode IX Rise of Skywalker n thoroughly enjoyed it n felt it was a fine finish to the nine movie n however many spinoffs, that I started watching when I was a wee 7 or 8, unsure cos I don't remember/know if it came out in my country in the same year or the next year. I do remember some memories of going to see Return of the Jedi in must be 1983, tho-so 36 years for actual end of the saga.

Wat I liked, all the fan service-like Lando returns, Leia n even Han reappears,
altho with Carrie Fisher's death, no original trilogy main characters actor appear together unless it's c3p0 n lando, (dint notice). Plot n story wise thot it was too much Chase item a to find item b to find hidden character Z, but it can be overlooked cos I found the characters good, since I dint read rumors or speculation since before force awakens. Kylo's redemption was expected but done nicely I felt.
By the end tho I kinda flagged a bit (so I was glad it was over) when Rey ended up at the starting point of the original trilogy, kinda sorta where the prequel trilogy did too.
So if there's more Star Wars movies in the future I hope Rey gets a rest for at least 5-10 years or even more. Like the Mandalorian shows the Star Wars galaxy is interesting enuf away from the Skywalkers n rebellion, resistance or watnot.
I give it 8 out of 10 for me the conclusion of a over 40 year journey.
@RandAlThor @Vampire @StarlessHeaven @Hayabusa

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
so as threadctitle says all spoilers are unmarked cos it's 42 years long coming n I don't wanna.
Spoilers below:

So I just watched Star Wars Episode IX Rise of Skywalker n thoroughly enjoyed it n felt it was a fine finish to the nine movie n however many spinoffs, that I started watching when I was a wee 7 or 8, unsure cos I don't remember/know if it came out in my country in the same year or the next year. I do remember some memories of going to see Return of the Jedi in must be 1983, tho-so 36 years for actual end of the saga.

Wat I liked, all the fan service-like Lando returns, Leia n even Han reappears,
altho with Carrie Fisher's death, no original trilogy main characters actor appear together unless it's c3p0 n lando, (dint notice). Plot n story wise thot it was too much Chase item a to find item b to find hidden character Z, but it can be overlooked cos I found the characters good, since I dint read rumors or speculation since before force awakens. Kylo's redemption was expected but done nicely I felt.
By the end tho I kinda flagged a bit (so I was glad it was over) when Rey ended up at the starting point of the original trilogy, kinda sorta where the prequel trilogy did too.
So if there's more Star Wars movies in the future I hope Rey gets a rest for at least 5-10 years or even more. Like the Mandalorian shows the Star Wars galaxy is interesting enuf away from the Skywalkers n rebellion, resistance or watnot.
I give it 8 out of 10 for me the conclusion of a over 40 year journey.
@RandAlThor @Vampire @StarlessHeaven @Hayabusa
the kids at the video store told me to go that they finally made a worthwhile main storyline movie.
I had no plans to see it after 8 was so awful.
the girl (i dont even remember her name is how little i cared about that series ) is the only thing that was semi watchable.

maybe i will go see it but i think ill still just rent it for the dollar.
They do not deserve any more of my money.

Ill watch rogue 1 for what a star wars set could have been.
Damn Lucas any ways 1, 4,5,6 are all that are worth watching.

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Just watched it today, it wasn't as bad as some people are making it out to be. But TLJ fucked up so bad, this movie could only do so much.

All in all, a fine ending but could've been so much more.

Reactions Received
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
Just watched it today, it wasn't as bad as some people are making it out to be. But TLJ fucked up so bad, this movie could only do so much.

All in all, a fine ending but could've been so much more.
All while watching it I thot it really tried to ignore both TFA n TLJ as much as it could except in broad strokes n carved its own path to an ending tat fit more with Episodes IV-VI n somewat I-III while trying to be its own thing, Snoke, Phasma n the First Order in TFA n TLJ weren't any consideration at all, even Hux was dismissed in favor of unknown new guy who reports to undead Emperor Palpatine n wat I now know to be clones of Snoke but really different from episode VII-VIII Snoke. (I dint realise during watching but reading others opinions of the movie). Still enjoyed it but may not rewatch it for awhile. Seems meaningless wat happened to all the sacrifice n loss in previous 2 movies. JJAbrams doesn't seem to understand impact of mass death in his movies, in ST n MI n here, individual death yes but more than you can count it doesn't hv any impact much. Even Snap Wexley's death seemed like a statistic, like let's hv the audience feel the death of a sympathetic character during the big blowout battle, compare to the deaths during SW ANH, ESB n ROJ, or even Rogue One, every last Rogue or Rebel who died I cared about, Snap I just went bye bye Greg Grunberg, JJA's lucky charm/talisman/college buddy or whoever he is. (I swear I enjoyed the movie during watching it just tat there were these bits that lowered it.)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread