COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

News Spanish woman legally owns the sun (1 Viewer)

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
Reactions Received
KS Coins
"Angeles Duran, 49, says that the sun officially belongs to her now, having had the celestial body registered in her name at a local notary office.

'I know the law': An international agreement states that no country may claim ownership of a planet or star, but it says nothing about individuals
There is an international agreement which states that no country may claim ownership of a planet or star, but it says nothing about individuals, she added.

'I did it but anyone else could have done it, it simply occurred to me first.'

The document issued...declares Ms Duran to be the 'owner of the Sun, ...located at an average distance from Earth of about 149,600,000 kilometers'.

Ms Duran... now wants to slap a fee on everyone who uses the sun and give half of the proceeds to the Spanish government - and 20 per cent to the nation's pension fund.

She would dedicate another 10 per cent to research, another 10 per cent to ending world hunger - and would keep the remaining 10 per cent herself.

She said: 'It is time to start doing things the right way, if there is an idea for how to generate income and improve the economy and people's wellbeing, why not do it?'

For those who might be a little too broke to venture out in the sunlight - and risk a large bill at the end of the day - Ms Dueran has not yet figured out a way of enforcing her sun charge."

Alright, chiefs...how are we feeling about this?

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
easier to ignore ...
or the Rothschild's / the money of the would will have her disappeared and some how end up with title if it would actually work.

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I wanna see her live on the sun first before I pay for using it
Does she realize that she's charging the majority of the entire human population for every day of the year? That will be extremely difficult to get across. Not only will that force people who suffer from poverty to pay, but getting that money out of almost 8 billion people is a bit...

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
Reactions Received
KS Coins
easier to ignore ...
or the Rothschild's / the money of the would will have her disappeared and some how end up with title if it would actually work.
I understood nothing you said after "Rothschild's". Mind re-wording that?

Myco

Ace of Hearts
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Choice
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
Does she realize that she's charging the majority of the entire human population for every day of the year? That will be extremely difficult to get across. Not only will that force people who suffer from poverty to pay, but getting that money out of almost 8 billion people is a bit...
i mean she'd be rich af

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
Reactions Received
KS Coins
i mean she'd be rich af
But...the economy... :wimwim:

Also,

'It is time to start doing things the right way, if there is an idea for how to generate income and improve the economy and people's wellbeing, why not do it?'
Hmm...something isn't matching up, queen...

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I understood nothing you said after "Rothschild's". Mind re-wording that?
If one could claim the sun as a money making method those with power in the world would not let someone not of their tribe control it.
It has long been claimed that those same moneyed folks control multiple governments, i am just adding to the conspiracy theories as kinda a joke :)

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
Reactions Received
KS Coins
If one could claim the sun as a money making method those with power in the world would not let someone not of their tribe control it.
It has long been claimed that those same moneyed folks control multiple governments, i am just adding to the conspiracy theories as kinda a joke :)
Ah, okay, I get it haha. That's very true!

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Good game sis :jisoosmh:

kuro

✰ hiatus ✰
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I'd sue her for skin cancer and subrun, not to mention other ecological problems :susPepe:
what good did she think this would be?

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I'd sue her for skin cancer and subrun, not to mention other ecological problems :susPepe:
what good did she think this would be?
She thought it would help the economy :jisoosmh:

Anyone that knows the basics of how the economy works would know this doesn't work. It's not even complicated.

kuro

✰ hiatus ✰
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
She thought it would help the economy :jisoosmh:

Anyone that knows the basics of how the economy works would know this doesn't work. It's not even complicated.
omg this has to be the biggest flop of flops :jisoosmh:

lexus

Pinkchella
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Imagine being able to actually own the sun.

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
oof what a move

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
She's completely out of her mind and has no way of actually getting the money from people other than going and seeing people individually which she'd have to do every single day making it an impossible task.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread