COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

News PRISTIN have disbanded (1 Viewer)

Tir

Crawled out of some hole
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship

Welp...

By the looks of it, Pinky, Yehana and Sungyeon are still with Pledis for who knows what reason...

EDIT: Official statement from Pledis

Hello. This is Pledis Entertainment.
First, we sincerely thank fans who care for and love PRISTIN.
We are delivering the official statement regarding the disbandment of PRISTIN and the termination of contracts for members.
The company and the members had in-depth discussions for a long time and deliberated before coming to a mutual agreement. It has been decided that with the exclusion of members Kyulkyung, Yehana, Sungyeon; seven members (Nayoung, Roa, Yuha, Eunwoo, Rena, Xiyeon, and Kyla) will have their exclusive contracts terminated as of May 24, 2019.
We would like to first apologize to fans, who have always been supportive, for delivering this unfortunate news.
Because this is a decision that must be made carefully, a lot of time was given in thinking about this matter. At the end of discussions, we decided to respect the wishes of the PRISTIN members and came to the conclusion of disbandment and contract termination.
Members Kyulkyung, Yehana, and Sungyeon expressed their intent to stay with the company. We will actively support Kyulkyung, Yehana, and Sungyeon so that they can have stable individual activities. We will wholeheartedly support them so that they can be more active and have more diverse activities.
As for the PRISTIN members who will be leaving our agency, we would like to express our deep thanks to them and sincerely support them and their new paths even though their official contracts have ended.
Since this is an important and sensitive matter that required a careful decision, we sincerely apologize to fans for delivering this news late and worrying fans through this news. Lastly, we ask that fans show unchanging support for the seven PRISTIN members, Kyulkyung, Yehana, and Sungyeon as they embark on new beginnings.
Thank you.
EDIT 2: PRISTIN Xiyeon shares a message on her Instagram

Last edited:
Reactions Received
KS Coins
***** Pledis

Tir

Crawled out of some hole
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
The levels of wasted talent and potential. On one hand, I'm glad they're free from the maximum security dungeon but on the other hand, all that time wasted for the members who could've done so much more if it weren't for the incompetency of Pledis

In the wise words of @Jichuus
***** Pledis

Reactions Received
KS Coins
The levels of wasted talent and potential. On one hand, I'm glad they're free from the maximum security dungeon but on the other hand, all that time wasted for the members who could've done so much more if it weren't for the incompetency of Pledis

In the wise words of @Jichuus
I just need someone to hold me :pepecry1:.

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Kyla left the ship before it sank
Hope they all go to college and have a successful career.
The showbizz is too hard to make it. They had somewhat hype but the company killed it
To think pre-debut, people really thought they would defeat Twice...

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Can't remember seeing a fuckup of this proportions since forever.
Genuine IOI hype and pre-debut buzz, ROTY win flushed down the toilet.
Especially for someone like Xiyeon who spent close to a decade, its heartbreaking.

Hope the girls can make it in whatever field they choose now. I'll be sad if I never see Nayoung in showbiz again but will understand. :umjicry:

Just fuck Pledis, is all.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Can't remember seeing a fuckup of this proportions since forever.
Genuine IOI hype and pre-debut buzz, ROTY win flushed down the toilet.
Especially for someone like Xiyeon who spent close to a decade, its heartbreaking.

Hope the girls can make it in whatever field they choose now. I'll be sad if I never see Nayoung in showbiz again but will understand. :umjicry:

Just fuck Pledis, is all.
This was just the last straw from Pledis for me. They only know how to cast and can’t manage their own groups. All the girls spend so much time training and dedicated so much time to their pre-debut activities to be thrown away. Only Seventeen has survived in Pledis without being thrown away like AS, Nuest and now Pristin.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
I'd guess Pledis wanted to keep those 3 for other reasons like Pinky for CFs and Sungyeon wrote some of their tracks right? They didn't care to keep the rest so agreed to terminating their contracts.

It's pure incompetance, Pristin had questionable title tracks that affected their success but they didn't even get the chance to improve their title tracks and get better and Pledis just gave up after 1 comeback and a stab at Orange Caramel 2.0.

Pledis clearly don't know what it takes to make a group successful and have only survived from getting lucky so far which put them in a position they clearly don't deserve to be in.

Hopefully the girls can find something to do in a company that treats them good.

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
This was just the last straw from Pledis for me. They only know how to cast and can’t manage their own groups. All the girls spend so much time training and dedicated so much time to their pre-debut activities to be thrown away. Only Seventeen has survived in Pledis without being thrown away like AS, Nuest and now Pristin.
Pledis are incompetent af and the fact that they are disbanding a group that could have legit made it big after giving them just one comeback and one subunit MV in more than 2 years is ridiculous.

NU'EST are lucky they got popular in PD101 and are selling well, else they were on life support for a while too.

I hope the other female trainees get out asap.

And I'm sad that one of the best all round idols Kyulkyung will likely never work in Korea again, she was so good.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Ugg...
As ya'll said at least they are free.
Might put a stake in IOI comebacks too as Nayoung is not under contract to anyone. especially if she is walking away.

Criminal waste of good kids.
I hope Kaeun and Yunjin also get out.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I'm sooo Angry!! Pledis is s**t

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Maybe Mystic really will be an option.

Lets see if anyone picks em up or signs them quickly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread