COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

News Police to Investigate all 4 Seasons of ‘Produce 101’ Series for Signs of Vote Manipulation (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Amidst their investigation into “Produce X 101,” the police have announced their plans to look into previous seasons of Mnet’s “Produce 101” series to see whether similar issues of vote manipulation took place.

On September 2, the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency held an open press conference and stated, “We are currently investigating the fourth season (‘Produce X 101’) of the ‘Produce 101’ series, and we are also looking into whether there were any unlawful practices in the preceding three seasons as well.”

When asked whether they will also be looking into “Idol School,” which was aired on Mnet in 2017, the source from the police stated, “We don’t have any plans scheduled to investigate that program.”

“Produce X 101” ended in July and an investigation has begun into the show following allegations of vote manipulation. The police has already conducted search and seizures of the CJ ENM offices and company that managed the text message voting data, and they have also questioned staff members who were involved in the show.

The police stated, “We have conducted a search and seizure on information related to ‘Produce X 101,’ and as there are several allegations, we are currently looking through additional documents.” They added, “Some of the material we’ve required is related to the previous three seasons. We’re looking into it.”

They emphasized, “However, as the investigation is still taking place, any information about raw voting data or final rankings (for the trainees) cannot be revealed at this time.”

Belgizen

Belgi
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
NCTzen
But what is the use? I mean 2 groups have already disbanded, I doubt they would remove the already debuted members from IZ*ONE IF it appears a few members got debuted by rigged voting.
Doubt they'll even do something about X1. The only use would be to give the money back to people who voted but the first seasons were online and free if I recall correctly

Reactions Received
KS Coins
But what is the use? I mean 2 groups have already disbanded, I doubt they would remove the already debuted members from IZ*ONE IF it appears a few members got debuted by rigged voting.
Doubt they'll even do something about X1. The only use would be to give the money back to people who voted but the first seasons were online and free if I recall correctly
I agree, but if they decide to really take this seriously what they did was a scam. Get people to pay to vote when the outcome was already pre-determined. Honestly though, let's not fool ourselves, the only reason this is being investigated is to shut people up. Nothing will change, and should another Produce come around they'd probably do the same thing all over agian-just smarter in their manipulation.

Belgizen

Belgi
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
NCTzen
I agree, but if they decide to really take this seriously what they did was a scam. Get people to pay to vote when the outcome was already pre-determined. Honestly though, let's not fool ourselves, the only reason this is being investigated is to shut people up. Nothing will change, and should another Produce come around they'd probably do the same thing all over agian-just smarter in their manipulation.
True
I get they would want to do that if people payed for it

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
nothing will be done anyway

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
its for the best if fixing happened come clean if not that is also valuable .. not that anyone will believe the police if they come back with that answer .... Its kinda loose loose.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread