COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Group Official D1CE Thread (known as HNB) (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins

HNB is an upcoming 9 member project group managed by Happyface Entertainment. HNB is also known as H Next Boys or Happyface Next Boys. The group was first introduced in May 2017 and will be debuting in 2019. The group currently consist of Jo Yonggeun, Kim Hyunsoo, Park Woodam, Woo Jinyoung, Won Hyunsik, Kim Junhyeong, Kim Jungwoo, Jung Minhwan and Kosuke.

Currently HNB has released two singles with a different number of members in it. It's like unit-based.

The members are decided through an event called "HnB for Fan Meeting". Fans can voted for HF trainees to debut every month. 5 Members were already confirmed to be in the group. The other 4 needs to be confirmed first.

Update March 2019: HNB will debut as a 5 member group.

HNB Official Accounts:
Twitter: @H_NextBoys
Instagram: @h_nextboys
YouTube: Happyface entertainment

Discography

Woo Jinyoung X Kim Hyunsoo

Jung Yoojun X Woo Jinyoung X Park Woodam

Last edited:
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Member Profile

Jo Yonggeun

Confirmed Member

Stage Name:
Birth Name: Jo Yonggeun (조용근)
Position: Leader, Lead Dancer, Vocalist, Rapper
Birthday: January 23, 1995
Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Nationality: Korean
Height: 175 cm (5’9″)
Weight: 54 kg (119 lbs)
Blood Type: A

Facts
  • He ranked 93rd on Produce 101.
  • He ranked 25th on MIXNINE.
  • He is a student at Kyunghee University.
  • He’s been friends with Jinyoung for 8 years.
  • Before becoming a trainee, Yonggeun attended STC Academy with Minhwan, Jinyoung and former members Jaehee and Hyungjin.
  • He auditioned for MixNine, along with Woodam, Junhyeong, Hyunsik, Hyunsoo, Jinyoung and former members Jaehee, Jongmin and Yooncheol, but they didn’t pass the audition.
  • He is close to EXO‘s Sehun, BLK‘s Taebin, IN2IT‘s Jiahn and The Rose‘s Dojoon.
  • His role model is EXO‘s D.O.
  • Yonggeun was a DSP Media trainee from September 2014 until 2016, alongside Produce 101’s Choi Dongha.
  • Yonggeun and Junhyeong made an appearance in the “Fri. Sat. Sun.” teasers by Dal★Shabetalongside Ziu of VAV.
  • He appeared in the 1st episode of Gu Hara ON&OFF: The Gossip as one of the DSP Media trainees alongside Joonghee of A-JAX, Dojoon of The Rose, BM, J.Seph and Somin of K.A.R.D, Chaekyung and Jinsol of APRIL, as well as Yuji of Apple.B.

Kim Hyunsoo
Confirmed Member

Stage Name:
Birth Name: Kim Hyunsoo (김현수)
Position: Main Vocalist
Birthday: April 12, 1995
Zodiac Sign: Aries
Height: 176 cm (5’9″)
Weight: 60kg (132lbs)
Blood Type: A

Facts:
  • He ranked 14th on MIXNINE
  • He is from Daegu
  • He is a student at Kyunghee University
  • He has a very unique and husky voice
  • He’s known for his dad jokes
  • He has a very strong dialect
  • He auditioned for MixNine, along with Woodam, Junhyeong, Yonggeun, Hyunsik, Jinyoung and former members Jaehee, Jongmin and Yooncheol, but they didn’t pass the audition
  • His role models are Park Hyoshin and his dad
  • He has a “marshmallow belly”, so his resolution is to have abs
  • He was a MixNine contestant. (Ranked 14th)
  • He officially debuted as a sub-unit with Jinyoung on 14 June 2018, with the song “Falling in love”

Park Woodam
Confirmed Member

Stage Name:
Birth Name: Park Woodam (박우담)
Position: Main Vocalist
Birthday: August 2, 1995
Zodiac Sign: Leo
Height: 173 cm (5’8″)
Weight: 57 kg (126 lbs)
Blood Type:

Facts
  • He ranked 35th on Produce 101
  • He is a student at Dong-ah University
  • He was one of the best vocalists on Produce 101
  • He auditioned for MixNine, along with Jinyoung, Junhyeong, Yonggeun, Hyunsoo, Jinyoung and former members Jaehee, Jongmin and Yooncheol, but they didn’t pass the audition
  • Woodam is a former BJ on AfreecaTV, his content is now unavailable
  • He was supposed to participate in Boys24, but dropped out before the start. He’s friends with a lot of the boys
  • Woodam is known for his wide range as a vocalist
  • He is good friends with RAINZ‘ Joo Wontak
  • He likes to do the other member’s make-up
  • Woodam, Jinyoung and Yoojun will be releasing their Special Digital Single ‘너 참 예쁘다’ on 2 December 2018

Woo Jinyoung
Confirmed Member

Stage Name:
Birth Name: Woo Jinyoung (우진영)
Position: Main Rapper, Vocalist, Center
Birthday: May 31, 1997
Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Height: 171 cm (5’7″)
Weight: 52 kg (115 lbs)
Blood Type: AB

Facts
  • He ranked 40th on Produce 101
  • He got really popular on Produce 101 because of his iconic catch phrase “Woo Jinyoung mitcheoji” (Woo Jinyoung is crazy)
  • He ranked 1st on MIXNINE
  • His nicknames are Woochinom and Charmander
  • He has been friends with Yonggeun for 8 years
  • Has an older brother serving in military
  • His father passed away a few years ago
  • His father wanted him to become an actor
  • Earlier on, he auditioned for MixNine, along with Woodam, Junhyeong, Yonggeun, Hyunsoo, Hyunsik and former members Jaehee, Jongmin and Yooncheol, but they didn’t pass the audition
  • Jinyoung passed the exam for SOPA, but then he dropped out of school and only took an exam to get GED at the age of 17
  • Before becoming a trainee, Jinyoung attended STC academy with Minhwan, Yonggeun, Jaehee and Hyungjin
  • He was casted by JYP, Cube, FNC, Starship, and Happyface Entertainment
  • He was a JYP Entertainment trainee until the beginning of 2016
  • Jinyoung received the nickname “Loco” during his times as a JYP trainee because of his resemblance to the rapper
  • He’s close to Stray Kids‘ Han and Bang Chan as well as I.O.I‘s Jeon Somi
  • He’s also close to the members of ONF, A.C.E‘s Donghyun and Byeongkwan, Seven O’Clock‘s Hangyeom and former member Vaan, as well as the YG Trainees Lee Gyeonggon and Choi Hyunsuk
  • Jinyoung, Woodam and Yoojun will be releasing their Special Digital Single ‘너 참 예쁘다’ on 2 December 2018.

Jung Yoojun
Confirmed Member

Stage Name: Jung Yoojun (정유준)
Birth Name: Jung Minhwan (정민환)
Position: Lead Vocalist
Birthday: July 25, 1995
Zodiac Sign: Leo
Height: 178 cm (5’10″)
Weight: 62kg (137lbs)
Blood Type: O

Facts
  • He has a younger sister
  • Minhwan trained at STC Academy with Yonggeun, Jinyoung, as well as former members Jaehee and Hyungjin
  • Minhwan is a former Woollim trainee
  • Minhwan participated in MNET’s Boys24, initially as a member of Unit Green and later as a member of Unit Blue
  • He finished as Top 17 in the show
  • Minhwan is best friends with fellow Unit Green member Choi Chani
  • He acted in the webdrama “Lemon car” in 2017
  • Minhwan featured in Dreamcatcher‘s “Full Moon” short MV
  • He also featured in a performance with HF soloist Lee Sieun (former member of RAMISU)
  • Yoojun, Woodam and Jinyoung will be releasing their Special Digital Single ‘너 참 예쁘다’ on 2 December 2018
  • With their new Digital Single, it was announced that Minhwan would be using the stage name ‘Jung Yoojun’

Last edited:
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MY
So are these guys also going to have their sub-company like Dreamcatcher does?
That would make a lot more sense than HappyFace just completely turning into Dreamcatcher Company.
Or are these guys in Dreamcatcher Company now and HFE doesn't exist anymore?

Reactions Received
KS Coins
So are these guys also going to have their sub-company like Dreamcatcher does?
That would make a lot more sense than HappyFace just completely turning into Dreamcatcher Company.
Or are these guys in Dreamcatcher Company now and HFE doesn't exist anymore?
IDK I didn't hear anything about that matter. I will ask someone on twitter - maybe they know more. Probably they didn't released the info yet.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MY
IDK I didn't hear anything about that matter. I will ask someone on twitter - maybe they know more. Probably they didn't released the info yet.
I see! I don't think it would be fair on these guys if they were under Dreamcatcher Company and not have their own sub-company or still under HFE as they would probably always be in Dreamcatcher's shadow if you know what I mean?
If Dreamcatcher are under their own sub-company and HNB are also under their own sub-company too, then they can both have much more focus on their own groups that way.
Although I love DC so much, I would feel sorry for HNB if they were under 'Dreamcatcher Company'.

Also, in their 'Falling in love' MV, Yoohyeon is in there! Although I'd very much prefer JiYoo :llama_laugh::pandalove:
I also like the song!

Reactions Received
KS Coins
It was announced last week that HNB will debut with as a five member group with the members Jinyoung, Hyunsoo, Woodam, Yonggue and Yoojun.

So the trainees Won Hyunsuk, Kim Junhyeong, Kim Jungwoo and Kosuke won't be debuting with the group. No information if they left the company.

Fans currently has the chance to decide the groups names

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MY
It was announced last week that HNB will debut with as a five member group with the members Jinyoung, Hyunsoo, Woodam, Yonggue and Yoojun.

So the trainees Won Hyunsuk, Kim Junhyeong, Kim Jungwoo and Kosuke won't be debuting with the group. No information if they left the company.

Fans currently has the chance to decide the groups names
So they won't be HNB anymore?

Reactions Received
KS Coins
So they won't be HNB anymore?
No. HNB was only the project name / default name for the possible trainees. Now that they are going to debut, they will have a new name. The old fans are probably still going to call them HNB tho XD (even tho HNB had 9 members...)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MY
No. HNB was only the project name / default name for the possible trainees. Now that they are going to debut, they will have a new name. The old fans are probably still going to call them HNB tho XD (even tho HNB had 9 members...)
I see! Are the two guys who was in the MV with Yoohyeon still in the group? Or have they gone?

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I see! Are the two guys who was in the MV with Yoohyeon still in the group? Or have they gone?
All the guys in the MVs are still part of the group!
1. MV (with Yoohyeon): Woo Jinyoung (Produce,Mix9 / First place) and Kim Hyunsoo (Mix9)
2. MV: Woo Jinyoung, Jung Yoojun (Boys24) and Park Woodam (Produce)

The 5. member Yonggue don't has a special MV released yet, but he is also known from Produce and Mix9

Woo Jinyoung and Kim Hyunsoo were pretty much confirmed since HNB was announced because of the big fanbase they already had.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread