Welcome to the friendliest KPOP forum around!
Wanting to join the rest of our awesome community? Feel free to sign up today. We won't bite. Did we mention we are troll-free too?

News Notre Dame Burns (1 Viewer)

Comments

taemkitten

SHINee & ASTRO's Noona
Reaction score
Shipped With
Centuries of beautiful architecture, history, and both religious and historical impact from this one structure gone in a day (in the physical aspect) to an extent.
It's tremendously devastating. I pray that nobody was injured in the blaze, and that the 400+ firefighters that are battling the fire are well and will be well in the days to follow.

This is such a historic day, but for a really awful reason.

-----------------------------------------------

After reading that the fire has been contained and that the majority of the structure remains intact, I am relieved, though it still is sorrowful to look at the monument of sorts and see it in such ruin in large sections of the structure, including part of it from the 13th century. Still, knowing that the worst was avoided allows for somewhat of a sigh of relief in this case, and hearing thus far that nobody was injured only further puts my mind at ease.

Reaction score
Centuries of beautiful architecture, history, and both religious and historical impact from this one structure gone in a day (in the physical aspect) to an extent.
It's tremendously devastating. I pray that nobody was injured in the blaze, and that the 400+ firefighters that are battling the fire are well and will be well in the days to follow.

This is such a historic day, but for a really awful reason.

-----------------------------------------------

After reading that the fire has been contained and that the majority of the structure remains intact, I am relieved, though it still is sorrowful to look at the monument of sorts and see it in such ruin in large sections of the structure, including part of it from the 13th century. Still, knowing that the worst was avoided allows for somewhat of a sigh of relief in this case, and hearing thus far that nobody was injured only further puts my mind at ease.
I like many think of the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, Notre Dame, and the Arc de Triomphe when i think of France.
I am glad the towers were saved they were very worried about the bell and the towers.
I know that when studying architecture The great cathedrals are always used. I remember having to particularly pay attention to Notre Dame and the flying buttresses.

Bopper

Trainee
Reaction score
To think the cathedral has survived so much throughout the centuries, seeing the spire fall like that is horrible. Thankfully the relics and other precious items were saved, and that nobody was hurt in the blaze.

Reaction score
Notre Dame structure had "some vulnerabilities"

Paris police architects and experts have identified “some vulnerabilities” in the structure of Notre Dame after inspecting the cathedral on Tuesday, Junior Interior Minister Laurent Nunez says.
“Overall the structure is good but some vulnerabilities have been identified especially at the level of the vault, the ceiling and to part of the northern transept,” Nunez said, adding that five residential buildings nearby have been evacuated.
The 850-year-old cathedral was being worked on at the time of the fire, with scaffolding around part of its structure.

it will be a long road back.

Reactions: Joy and taemkitten

taemkitten

SHINee & ASTRO's Noona
Reaction score
Shipped With

"Indiana's University of Notre Dame pledged $100,000 to help renovate Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris after a fire caused heavy damage to the historic church’s spire and roof.

The Rev. John Jenkins, the university’s president, announced the planned donation Tuesday. He said the bells of the Basilica of the Sacred Heart on the University of Notre Dame campus would also toll 50 times at 6 p.m. local time Tuesday, each ring representing the 50 Hail Marys of the rosary."

• Love
Reactions: Joy and RandAlThor
Reaction score

"Indiana's University of Notre Dame pledged $100,000 to help renovate Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris after a fire caused heavy damage to the historic church’s spire and roof.

The Rev. John Jenkins, the university’s president, announced the planned donation Tuesday. He said the bells of the Basilica of the Sacred Heart on the University of Notre Dame campus would also toll 50 times at 6 p.m. local time Tuesday, each ring representing the 50 Hail Marys of the rosary."
last i heard over 600m euros have been pledged.

• Love
Reactions: Joy and taemkitten

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)