WELCOME TO KPOPSOURCE!
Feel free to sign up today. We won't bite. Join us now for a fun & engaging experience in the fastest growing international kpop community!

Intro Newish fan from NZ wanting suggestions!

Kimino

Flop
Reaction score
Hello. I’m a fairly newish kpop fan from New Zealand!

I got into kpop a few years ago and listened to solely SNSD. I still love them!
A few years later I discovered Mr.Chu and Me Gustas Tu by Apink and Gfriend. I was obsessed. I also got into Girls Day’s nonono. I solely listened to them. I wasn’t able to learn the girls names as I find it really hard to distinguish Asian women (hope it isn’t racist). I can’t remember names of any girl group songs... also don’t know lyrics. Is that ok to just enjoy the music? People have made fun of my interest in kpop and laugh and act shocked and say “how do you understand it?!”
Somehow I seem the type to not like kpop

I wanted to expand and this year I somehow found WooWoo by Dia which became an addiction! I do like their music a lot and listen to lots of their music but don’t know song names or group members.

This year I wanted to explore more so I listen to all groups but haven’t found a new favourite.... I tried twice and love their stuff but can’t know which song belongs to each group. They all sound the same to me these groups. I do dislike Red Velvet when I hear their stuff. I have tried a lot of Oh My Girl and love them but not song names.. group members etc.

Can someone suggest me a group? And help me to remember group members, song names etc?

I also have been trying boybands but can’t find a favourite I just listen to lots but need help finding a group to Stan!

My last.fm is last.fm/user/christislord92

Reaction score
Shipped With
Hello. I’m a fairly newish kpop fan from New Zealand!

I got into kpop a few years ago and listened to solely SNSD. I still love them!
A few years later I discovered Mr.Chu and Me Gustas Tu by Apink and Gfriend. I was obsessed. I also got into Girls Day’s nonono. I solely listened to them. I wasn’t able to learn the girls names as I find it really hard to distinguish Asian women (hope it isn’t racist). I can’t remember names of any girl group songs... also don’t know lyrics. Is that ok to just enjoy the music? People have made fun of my interest in kpop and laugh and act shocked and say “how do you understand it?!”
Somehow I seem the type to not like kpop

I wanted to expand and this year I somehow found WooWoo by Dia which became an addiction! I do like their music a lot and listen to lots of their music but don’t know song names or group members.

This year I wanted to explore more so I listen to all groups but haven’t found a new favourite.... I tried twice and love their stuff but can’t know which song belongs to each group. They all sound the same to me these groups. I do dislike Red Velvet when I hear their stuff. I have tried a lot of Oh My Girl and love them but not song names.. group members etc.

Can someone suggest me a group? And help me to remember group members, song names etc?

I also have been trying boybands but can’t find a favourite I just listen to lots but need help finding a group to Stan!

My last.fm is last.fm/user/christislord92
If the songs sound the same to you, then i wonder what draws you to kpop

as for remembering names of songs, groups, etc. There's not a lot that others can do to help you remember. a fair portion of the time the name of the song is in the lyrics, typically the chorus, so that might help

I don't know girl groups that much from this generation, i know some first gen girl groups and some second gen gg's but as for the current generation i only know Twice and RV but you've already heard of them. Best of luck though in finding more girl groups though!

Queen

Idol
Reaction score
Judging by the songs and groups you've liked in the past i'd suggest April

You might also like WJSN. Though there's 13 members so it might be hard to learn all their names lol

There's Elris as well. They are 5 members so it'd be easy to learn their names.

Reactions: goyo and RandAlThor

Mayah

Idol
Reaction score
Welcome!

Trying checking out CLC!

• Love
Reactions: goyo and baekk

Kimino

Flop
Reaction score
Welcome!

Trying checking out CLC!

Thanks I’ll check them out I already have listened to them and didn’t like hobgoblin

Judging by the songs and groups you've liked in the past i'd suggest April

You might also like WJSN. Though there's 13 members so it might be hard to learn all their names lol

There's Elris as well. They are 5 members so it'd be easy to learn their names.
I added to a playlist I’ll check them out within an hour. Heard them all but will listen again

If the songs sound the same to you, then i wonder what draws you to kpop

as for remembering names of songs, groups, etc. There's not a lot that others can do to help you remember. a fair portion of the time the name of the song is in the lyrics, typically the chorus, so that might help

I don't know girl groups that much from this generation, i know some first gen girl groups and some second gen gg's but as for the current generation i only know Twice and RV but you've already heard of them. Best of luck though in finding more girl groups though!
I love the beats, how girl groups from Korea sound, danceability..catchy chorus (if in English)

Reaction score
Howdy!!
Welcome to the site!!!

maybe IZ*ONE, Gugudan, Fromis_9
What SNSD songs do ya like that would help actually.

Not sure how far you went into Apink ,
Try No NO NO, My MY, Five,
gfriend Glass bead, Rough, Time for the moon night, Love Whisper.

as a monster RV fan i am sad but i would love to help with some other groups :)

Reactions: goyo

Kimino

Flop
Reaction score
Howdy!!
Welcome to the site!!!

maybe IZ*ONE, Gugudan, Fromis_9
What SNSD songs do ya like that would help actually.

Not sure how far you went into Apink ,
Try No NO NO, My MY, Five,
gfriend Glass bead, Rough, Time for the moon night, Love Whisper.

as a monster RV fan i am sad but i would love to help with some other groups :)
Gee was my absolute fave and Mr Taxi!!
Welcome :pepeheart:

Here some songs from the groups I stan:

BTS

Day6

Gidle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKNXn2qCEws

Exid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egqDPipqIAg

I hope you will like the forum and find a group you like :)
I’ll try them all

baekk

🌸🌸🌸
Reaction score
Shipped With
Welcome to the forums:sakUwu:

I Hope you like these:

Kimino

Flop
Reaction score
Reaction score
You seem a bit similar to me So i picked happy upbeat songs.

Dreamnote new rookies.

Fromis_ 9

Gugudan

Iz*one

Last edited:

Mirae

Jessica's Call Before Sleep
Reaction score
Shipped With
SNSD, Gfriend AND Girl's Day! :jisoosmh:
Welcome!!!

goyo

↠@bulletproof is my royal pasta compa↞
Reaction score
loonaverse into the buddy hole & flover garden ღ
Shipped With
welcome :saranghae:
hope you will love it here

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Kiyomice Introductions 33