COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

My honest thoughts on ITZY's debut (1 Viewer)

Belgizen

Belgi
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
NCTzen
Yep, jumping on the thread-bandwagon.
It's just been a while since I made a thread here and I finally have inspiration.

So as someone who was really hyped for ITZY (and more importantly Yeji's debut), it was kinda a letdown.
I, as a lot of people, thought it was going to be a girl crush concept or an elegant concept.
Dalla Dalla was more like a Disney song sung in Korean.
I don't hate it, but I don't love it as well. It didn't blow me away. I like it.

BUT I have to say: I LOVED the message they sang: loving yourself, don't care what other people tell you/say about you.
We live an era where it's really important to stress this on young girls, surrounded by models with unreachable body goals.

I also loved the MV, loved the bright colors, the dance, the hairstyles.
But c'mon JYP, you have girls who have the faces to pull of girl crush.
Yeji and Chaeryeon especially fit really well in girl crush concepts, or even elegant.
Giving them a Disney-song was a disrespect when they can pull off the above mentioned concepts.
Also, what's the point of making a YouTube-channel for ITZY when you are going to release their teasers and MV's on your main?

With this being said, I look forward to listen to their b-sides (I will post a thread about it when I finished listening to it) and to the next (hopefully more powerful?) comeback!

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I kinda disliked it first, but after listening it 2-3 times its an okay song.
and the Mv was cool, I am curious about the other songs

Belgizen

Belgi
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
NCTzen
It's BLACKPINK's and TWICE's lovechild, literally.
Hmm I saw that comment as well
I think that JYP really did try to put a mix out there to play safe with the cutesy, but also the more girl crush as we seem to transition to a girl crush period again

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I kinda loved it. I have not a problem with anything. But I do admit that it's not a perfect song

Something intresting on twitter that I saw:

Last edited:

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
YES
I feel like the members fit more girl crush or elegant but JYP tried to play safe
Yup they do seem to look fit for more girl crush type of stuff than cute I think and they have dance and attitude in it to match that. It does feel like JYP couldn't quite let Twice's success go and wanted to be safe with that chorus. I think they could have bit better job mixing them though if they wanted to go that route. It's not bad though even if not quite up to many expectations, but debuts often aren't mindblowing- they will probably do better next time ^^

Belgizen

Belgi
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
NCTzen
I kinda loved it. I have not a problem with anything. But I do admit that it's not a perfect song

Something intresting on twitter that I saw:

Hmm interesting
I would love the song to be more stronger musically
But really loved the message they brought in the song and I would love them to continue with that

Belgizen

Belgi
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
NCTzen
Yup they do seem to look fit for more girl crush type of stuff than cute I think and they have dance and attitude in it to match that. It does feel like JYP couldn't quite let Twice's success go and wanted to be safe with that chorus. I think they could have bit better job mixing them though if they wanted to go that route. It's not bad though even if not quite up to many expectations, but debuts often aren't mindblowing- they will probably do better next time ^^
I think what was needed is to be more stronger instrumentally.
I loved the beginning a lot which a bit stronger than the chorus.

yeji

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Hmm interesting
I would love the song to be more stronger musically
But really loved the message they brought in the song and I would love them to continue with that
same. I am defently excited to see their journey and seeing what else they will offer us.

Belgizen

Belgi
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
NCTzen
same. I am defently excited to see their journey and seeing what else they will offer us.
Yessss I never completely write off a group from one miss. I hope their sides save it, but overall I heard great things from the sides.
I really love the members so I don't want to fail them :pepecry1:

yeji

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Yessss I never completely write off a group from one miss. I hope their sides save it, but overall I heard great things from the sides.
I really love the members so I don't want to fail them :pepecry1:
yeah I am like that too.
I also lovve the members so i really hope for even better songs from them.

lexus

Pinkchella
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
I liked it. There were some parts that I didn’t like, such as the rap in the middle. Although, I do love the message they’re giving off. I might listen to it a few more times to see if it’ll grow on me.

Reactions Received
Website
wholefull.tumblr.com
KS Coins
after listening to it about 3 times i’d say it’s a okay song (like a 6.5/10) besides that bridge. the bridge feels really disjointed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread