Official Murder Mystery: Explained

Daydreamer

oops you’re not invited
Reaction score
Ship
Wreck
Hello everyone!

First I would like to say I am pleased with the positive reviews we been getting for the Murder Mystery Event. Hopefully next year we can do this again! @Chlorine and I heard you guys wanted a deeper explanation of the clues and objectives of each character. So here we go!

Matt
The Underrated Leader of Triyads. He is a multi-talented individual but sadly the least popular within the group. Matt was no stranger to disappointment, with his fail first debut and the company not truly believing in him. Matt kept it all inside, the only person who truly stuck to his side was Yeeun. On the other hand, Jinsu was given everything in the silver platter. He gotten everything Matt had wanted, but still, poor Matt kept it all inside. Now imagine to his surprise when Jinsu also gotten Yeeun. This was the straw the broke the camel back

“In the end of 2017 during a M countdown filing. Matt reportedly had punching Jinsu in the face causing a bruise on his right cheek. Sources aren’t sure what caused matt to act in such a manner.”

1573023720008-png.44550

1573023720060-png.44541

Yup matt exploded, punching Jinsu and breaking Majority of Jinsu’s belongings.

However Matt quickly learned violence wasn't the way to yeeun heart. Instead, he became Yeeun shoulder to cry on, hoping she would actually see him.

Motive:
He was jealous of the victim. The victim took everything Matt ever wanted but mostly he stole the girl matt was crazy for.

Debunked:
Matt cared so much for yeeun but he can never hurt her in that way. Matt had a lot of anger but it takes a lot for him to actually explode like this, but never murder.

Yeeun:
The native victim’s girlfriend, a once cheerful and happy girl turn jealous and sad. Matt clearly sees the change in his best friend once she starts dating Jinsu. Yeeun is known to act before she thinks, as seen in the journal multiple times. She is the reason why the gang found themselves stranded in the middle of a storm. Her jealousy (clues in Jihyun profile) causes multiple arguments with Jinsu, and with good reason. Jinsu was known to have multiple girls around him. Yet Yeeun cares about him to much to actually leave him
”Love is not Magic. It’s not something one can have freely . It takes work and commitment from both partners . Once you find perfect harmony,then your love story truly begins. ”
She believes if she works hard enoughshe can actually change Jinsu cheating ways.

Motive:
She seems to have a toxic relationship and prior to the murder they had a huge fight. Before their trip she send a message to jinsu

1573023720112-png.44547

She might of allowed her emotion to take over and act irrationally.

Debunked:
Yeeun main goal was to have Jinsu only see her. She wouldn't kill Jinsu if she knew he was gonna purpose to her
( aka the rings on the phone)

1573023720215-png.44540

1573023720273-png.44544

Jiyong
The crazy ”photogapher” who was obsessed with Triyads. Despite using her real name and the company not double checking on her application, she was hired. The staff had known that there was something wrong with her but did not have any proof. The members have blocked and try to avoid her on social media.

Motive:
Jinsu had actual proof of Jiyong being a sasange.

1573023720370-png.44542

1573023720436-png.44546

Debunked:
Jiyong was crazy but nowhere near crazy to kill a member of her bias group. She presented the main clue to the detective, proving her innocence and proving her alibi was true

1573023720520-png.44549

Shiwoo:
The Nervous stylist is no stranger to breaking the law

1573023720592-png.44545

Despite the company knowing his criminal past, they hire him. He was wanted in America for possession of drugs but soon left the country. He kept this a secret from everyone in his time in Korea. However soon kisoo found out and offer a deal with him. Shiwoo fell back to his old habits in selling drugs, mostly to kisoo. However the offer moved to drugs into actually committing murder. Kisoo pay Shiwoo to kill Jinsu

1573023720692-png.44539

In total Kisoo paid shiwoo 698,814,000 Won. The broke Shiwoo was hesitant but finally agreed to do it.

Motive:
Shiwoo was in trouble with a gang. He needed money and Kisoo offered him something he could not refuse

Debunked:
Jinsu was found stated by a pair of scissors . If this was a planned murder this would not be the choice of murder weapon nor will he left his own scissors .

Kisoo
The manager kisoo seemed to be everyone first suspect. He was an awful man who only saw the negativity in his life. He was unresponsible and always had ”Step-dad” clean up his messes. He always blames others for what he's done and never admits for his own wrong doings. The perfect villain everyone would love to hate.

Motive:
Others mention that the manager hated all the members of Triyads, mostly Jinsu (victim).The victim was a trouble maker and whenever he made a mess , Kisoo (manager) had to clean up. Kisoo blames his drinking problem on mostly Jinsu (victim). Manager has a criminal record for multiple DUIs.

1573023720817-png.44537

1573023720857-png.44534

1573023720910-png.44535

Debunked:
As mentioned before Kisoo was everyone first suspect, and that's why kisoo didn't want to get his hands dirty. Why do it yourself when you can pay someone to do it for you.

1573023720736-png.44538

Akira
The sweet Akira, all he ever did was fall for the wrong person. Akira worshiped Jihyun, he would of done anything just to make her happy. And when he thought Jihyun return his feeling he was aesthetic. To bad, she didn't feel the same for him

1573023720966-png.44548

Motive:
Akira and Jinsu were like brothers, akira is the only person that could tolerate Jinsu. However during their text, it was clear Akira didn't like the accusations Jinsu was telling him.

1573023721019-png.44543

Debunked:
Aikra recently injured his hand in dance practice, there was no way he could stab Jinsu with that force with only one working hand.

Jihyun
And finally the murder. Jihyun was friends with Jinsu in primary school. They eventually will start dating for a short while. However Jihyun never moved on-

As she was preparing for college Jinsu offered her a job. Jihyun left her friends and family and traveled across the world to be with Jinsu. She admittedly stores a lot of Jinsu picture on her phone as well as stalked him in date (as seen in profile messages) She was obsessed and no matter what, she couldn't admit to herself that he wasn't interested. She manipulates Akira to do whatever she wants. She has no filer in telling Yeeun her the hurtful truth

Motive:
After confronting Jinsu about her feelings, he once again flat out rejects her. And as if someone had flip a switch, her charming personality turns bitter. She was in love with Jinsu (victim) obsessed with him. However with the truth of plans to marry yeeun, she taught if she couldn't have him no one will. As Jinsu was stabbed with full force with the scissors , Jihyun could only think of his betrayal. She felt no remorse upon seeing him bleed out onto the floor. After the murder, she went ahead and unlock Jinsu phone and deleted all the text messages that related to her jealousy.

1573023721058-png.44536

(with Akira help) she fled the scene through the open window before going to her room. She managed to change out of the bloody clothes and return to the others.​

goyo

↠@bulletproof is my angelic royal pasta compa↞
Reaction score
loonaverse into the buddy hole & flover garden ღ
Ship
Wreck
:sanapray: finally this is out

goyo

↠@bulletproof is my angelic royal pasta compa↞
Reaction score
loonaverse into the buddy hole & flover garden ღ
Ship
Wreck
Reaction score
It was really fun event. I loved how much character all of them had, they were rly distinct from each others in replies and so on. Good and diverse cast truly, and lot of motives to kill poor Jinsu xd Though tbf, he kinda had it coming with some of that.

I actually didn't even consider the murder weapon :jisoosmh: maybe that's why it was so hard to eliminate some of them like. With Akira I figured out that Jihyun wouldn't cover up for him and that the phone wouldn't have more stuff that would trigger him, though him being the evil maknae threw me off a bit as well as him lying, having bit of personality change I mean comparing the text msgs to how he usually replied.. there was lot going with that guy xd

With Shiwoo I actually started to think that maybe he wasn't paid to kill Jinsu, but that he was the one blackmailin Kisoo and paid hush money, but his replies threw that theory off. So only reason I could think of was that there was 4 people in this love triangle thing so it being Shiwoo in the end would be.. boring? :jisoosmh:

Matt had same motive as Jihyun I think, but I didn't pick him cause we couldn't get much info from him rly so I felt like Jihyun would have more story. But Matt was rly hard one.

I'm not sure if you want feedback, but i quess i could give some I mean not all positive? I think if you had bit more time for the discussion and voting periods it could been good and maybe more people would have had time to participate. I'm not sure though since it seemed lot of people ended up being busy. It's bit of shame I rly felt like they were missing out! Also I think some things were bit hard to figure out rationally and were left more to guessing game like Matt and Shiwoo maybe? I'm not sure if this was intended.

Overall great story and great characters, was rly interesting and fun to play. I would rly love to participate event like this in the future ^^

SteviSone

Rookie
Reaction score
Any more question don't be afraid to ask!
No questions from me, just really interesting n well-laid out event without contradictions. I was really confused cos too many viable suspects n not enuf ruled-out by the end.

I would also love to take part in similar event in future. I avoided the anniversary event cos it was too time-intensive n senstive but this event fit me even tho I forgot the start some days. Good luck with future events @Events. Especially chlorine n daydreamer, sorry you had to sleep late again for this event. Hope it was worth it for you n daydreamer. :pikahappy: :nekolove: :pandalove: :pepeheart:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Chlorine Events 54
Daydreamer Events 37
Daydreamer Events 39
Chlorine Events 44