• Dear Guest, not receiving any emails from our forum to confirm your account? Please check your junk/spam folder or retry again & check out how to whitelist our email on our - FAQ Page

Discussion ✯ ✵ Mental Health Support✯ ✵ (4 Viewers)

kpopshop

Sponsored Advertisement

Bookworm

Rookie
Reaction score
Perhaps we would all be happier if we lived the way you have. A small town, a tightly-knit community, a strong emphasis on family, a literal mountain to inspire you outside your window, a barn owl landing outside your room as you play your harmonica like something out of a Disney movie, valleys, and meadows, and lakes... A place to safely play in, to go to school in, to work in, to raise a family in... Where the most stressful and biggest family issue is struggling to figure out what to buy everyone for Christmas, and the biggest issue of living there is simply feeling a tad isolated from the rest of the world (trust me, the grass is definitely not greener)... I don't know. Psychologically, I can see how a place like that can make people more docile and kind. And, I dunno, how nice for you, I guess... I sometimes wonder if you know how lucky you are. Then again, you're just a character in a book, and the author was probably thinking the same thing when she created you... Maybe she and I should have a drink together.

kodoku

Idol
Reaction score
Ship
Perhaps we would all be happier if we lived the way you have. A small town, a tightly-knit community, a strong emphasis on family, a literal mountain to inspire you outside your window, a barn owl landing outside your room as you play your harmonica like something out of a Disney movie, valleys, and meadows, and lakes... A place to safely play in, to go to school in, to work in, to raise a family in... Where the most stressful and biggest family issue is struggling to figure out what to buy everyone for Christmas, and the biggest issue of living there is simply feeling a tad isolated from the rest of the world (trust me, the grass is definitely not greener)... I don't know. Psychologically, I can see how a place like that can make people more docile and kind. And, I dunno, how nice for you, I guess... I sometimes wonder if you know how lucky you are. Then again, you're just a character in a book, and the author was probably thinking the same thing when she created you... Maybe she and I should have a drink together.
aw bestie boo,, have I told you how beautiful your mind is today? :pepeheart:

• Love
Reactions: Bookworm and potato

Bookworm

Rookie
Reaction score
I hate that where you live decides so much of what you can and cannot do in life. I hate that countries are run by absolutely corrupt individuals who are too prideful and stubborn to work together for good. I hate that some people grow up in environments and around people that are so horrible that they grow up to become evil themselves. I hate it when all three of these things converge and conspire to ruin your life. Why can't all countries be havens of peace and tolerance. Why can't we all live to a higher standard. Why must there be war and prejudice and hate. Why must their be fear and no-win scenarios.

*sighs and replays that one video with a dog chilling in a hammock to restore my sanity*

Last edited:
Reactions: kodoku and potato

potato

🗑️Red Velvet Trash🗑️
Reaction score
Ship
My anxiety never stops growing.
:c I know how it feels. I'm always here if you need anything <3

What is the name of the book? I would really like to know it ^^

That's the sort of life I've always been dreaming of. Somewhere unattached from the rest of the world. But then I ask myself, do I really want that? Am I willing to sacrifice the materilaistic pleasures of living in the city to be in a freer and my relaxed society? Tbh, the truth is not really. It must be a lot better for me in the long run but the city life isn't something I'm really willing to give up just yet. But I envy people like that, people who can isolate themselves in order to live in a happier and safer place. I hope in the future, when I'm older and settled, I can move to a place like that. A place full of green (lots and lots of green), surrounded by the fresh air and the sound of children's laughter. It sounds beautiful.

potato

🗑️Red Velvet Trash🗑️
Reaction score
Ship
I hate that where you live decides so much of what you can and cannot do in life. I hate that countries are run by absolutely corrupt individuals who are too prideful and stubborn to work together for good. I hate that some people grow up in environments and around people that are so horrible that they grow up to become evil themselves. I hate it when all three of these things converge and conspire to ruin your life. Why can't all countries be havens of peace and tolerance. Why can't we all live to a higher standard. Why must there be war and prejudice and hate. Why must their be fear and no-win scenarios.

Instead, Person A lives in a country where even just saying you have a mental disability can get you almost instantly fired, while Person B lives in a country that takes good care of its mentally-disabled workers. Person C lives in a country whose president just declared war in order to distract everyone from his own nonsense and keep himself in office another term, while Person D lives in another country, and is good friends with Person C, but oh, oops, sorry, they can't chat on Discord anymore because hackers just sabotaged the power grid and now Person C is without internet.

*sighs and replays that one video with a dog chilling in a hammock to restore my sanity*
*sighs* life sucks like that. Countries are run by people who only think about themselves, not for the country and the ending result is absolute disaster. We're in the midst of nuclear weapons, threats of a war, many wars already happening and corruption so deeply rooted in society, it's impossible to break free from it. Sometimes, it's up to the people to make themselves a little happier. Our futures can look bleak but at least we have each other. We can learn to stick together, the same way I will stick with you <3

• Love
Reactions: Bookworm and kodoku

Bookworm

Rookie
Reaction score
:c I know how it feels. I'm always here if you need anything <3

What is the name of the book? I would really like to know it ^^

That's the sort of life I've always been dreaming of. Somewhere unattached from the rest of the world. But then I ask myself, do I really want that? Am I willing to sacrifice the materilaistic pleasures of living in the city to be in a freer and my relaxed society? Tbh, the truth is not really. It must be a lot better for me in the long run but the city life isn't something I'm really willing to give up just yet. But I envy people like that, people who can isolate themselves in order to live in a happier and safer place. I hope in the future, when I'm older and settled, I can move to a place like that. A place full of green (lots and lots of green), surrounded by the fresh air and the sound of children's laughter. It sounds beautiful.
It's "The Shepherd's Daughter" by K.A. Fullerton. I got it at a thrift shop, though, and can't find it anywhere online. It's a bit old. But the plot is basically what I mentioned c:

Those are very good points, honestly. I think that's how most people see it too, and it does make total sense. I'd like to move to a place like that as well some day...

*sighs* life sucks like that. Countries are run by people who only think about themselves, not for the country and the ending result is absolute disaster. We're in the midst of nuclear weapons, threats of a war, many wars already happening and corruption so deeply rooted in society, it's impossible to break free from it. Sometimes, it's up to the people to make themselves a little happier. Our futures can look bleak but at least we have each other. We can learn to stick together, the same way I will stick with you <3
Awwww~ TT... *gives you a great big hug* <3 Thank you c: I'll stick with you as well. And you're right... As long as we have each other, that's what matters. I've also found a lot of comfort in old folk songs recently... It's nice to just get away to something honest and decent for a while.

• Love
Reactions: potato and kodoku

TwentyOneIzz

I love Dani so much
Reaction score
Ship
Wreck
I hate New Years. It's just like a reminder of how time has passed. It makes me think even more of all of the worst times of my past and how much I've had to leave behind. It makes me think of so many people I've lost and every person I've disappointed. I can never move forward when every year this time comes around to remind me of all of the things I don't want to recall. It reminds me now of how it's literally almost been a year since my best friend died. So much has occurred and will occur in the future and I hate it. It's like a horrible loop. I hate change and the future coming but I also hate thinking about certain moments in my past. These past 2, almost 3 years now, have brought the most change in my life and the most pain. I don't know what is holding me here anymore. I fail at everything I do and every attempt to fix the bad things about myself end in more failure. I try so hard to be happy and move on from my past, but it's almost too difficult. I know there are things to live for in my life but they don't even seem to mean anything anymore. I can't forget about it all for even a second. The scars ever present all over me don't help that either. I guess I should just take a break from everything, maybe if I could just sleep I could feel better. I'm just so exhausted... ugh

Last edited:

kodoku

Idol
Reaction score
Ship

:nekolove:

I hate New Years. It's just like a reminder of how time has passed. It makes me think even more of all of the worst times of my past and how much I've had to leave behind. It makes me think of so many people I've lost and every person I've disappointed. I can never move forward when every year this time comes around to remind me of all of the things I don't want to recall. It reminds me now of how it's literally almost been a year since my best friend died. So much has occurred and will occur in the future and I hate it. It's like a horrible loop. I hate change and the future coming but I also hate thinking about certain moments in my past. These past 2, almost 3 years now, have brought the most change in my life and the most pain. I don't know what is holding me here anymore. I fail at everything I do and every attempt to fix the bad things about myself end in more failure. I try so hard to be happy and move on from my past, but it's almost too difficult. I know there are things to live for in my life but they don't even seem to mean anything anymore. I can't forget about it all for even a second. The scars ever present all over me don't help that either. I guess I should just take a break from everything, maybe if I could just sleep I could feel better. I'm just so exhausted... ugh
I'm sorry you feel this way. Please remember that nothing is eternal and that can be both a good and a bad thing... if you keep trying, you will succeed and if you just keep living, good things will surely happen. We're here for you, you're not alone in this.... <3

Bookworm

Rookie
Reaction score
It's fascinating to me how much of an influence Christianity has on day-to-day life, even for non-Christians. Like the use of "Oh my god!" and "Jesus Christ!" in day-to-day speech. Then there's the whole institution of marriage, because while civil marriages do exist, much of the world fusses about being married in the eyes of the Abrahamic God (which is the same god for Judaism and Islam, just under different names), and the values of said god. And while no one will dare say that the bible is a storybook full of mythology and fairy-tales, all pagan religions are, by default, considered to be based on mythology and fairy-tales. Have you ever once heard someone call it anything other than Greek mythology, for example? What about Norse mythology? Thor is even a Marvel superhero for crying out loud. Egyptian mythology... I could go on. I distinctly remember Egyptian deities brought up in a grade-school textbook in history class. And then there's the Percy Jackson series. And it's okay to present these things in such a light because it's all just make-believe anyway, right?

I just think it would be nice to live in a world where other religions were better-accepted... I remember reading a Wonder Woman comic in which Wonder Woman goes and visits various pantheons for help with an urgent matter. She visits Odin, an Egyptian Goddess, etc. Even a Polynesian God. Who's to say that, in our reality, all the pantheons don't all exist in harmony in their various places and look down on us mere mortals and go, "Ha! We can't wait to see the looks on your faces when you die and realize we're ALL chilling up in here!" I dunno...

I guess I take it a bit too personally sometimes.

Reactions: kodoku
Reaction score
I'm doing okay since my friend left me but I cant lie I feel hella lonely since she has been gone. I sometimes wonder if she thinks about me. I don't want her back but its just a little harder moving forward. She seems to be moving on well.

Reactions: kodoku

kodoku

Idol
Reaction score
Ship
It's fascinating to me how much of an influence Christianity has on day-to-day life, even for non-Christians. Like the use of "Oh my god!" and "Jesus Christ!" in day-to-day speech. Then there's the whole institution of marriage, because while civil marriages do exist, much of the world fusses about being married in the eyes of the Abrahamic God (which is the same god for Judaism and Islam, just under different names), and the values of said god. And while no one will dare say that the bible is a storybook full of mythology and fairy-tales, all pagan religions are, by default, considered to be based on mythology and fairy-tales. Have you ever once heard someone call it anything other than Greek mythology, for example? What about Norse mythology? Thor is even a Marvel superhero for crying out loud. Egyptian mythology... I could go on. I distinctly remember Egyptian deities brought up in a grade-school textbook in history class. And then there's the Percy Jackson series. And it's okay to present these things in such a light because it's all just make-believe anyway, right?

I just think it would be nice to live in a world where other religions were better-accepted... I remember reading a Wonder Woman comic in which Wonder Woman goes and visits various pantheons for help with an urgent matter. She visits Odin, an Egyptian Goddess, etc. Even a Polynesian God. Who's to say that, in our reality, all the pantheons don't all exist in harmony in their various places and look down on us mere mortals and go, "Ha! We can't wait to see the looks on your faces when you die and realize we're ALL chilling up in here!" I dunno...

interesting thoughts, as always bestie hehe...... just wanna say it's nice how much you think and care about things :)

I'm doing okay since my friend left me but I cant lie I feel hella lonely since she has been gone. I sometimes wonder if she thinks about me. I don't want her back but its just a little harder moving forward. She seems to be moving on well.
I think those thoughts/feelings are natural and I believe that you will be okay too

Reaction score
Wreck
I recently got into a fight with my brother (He's 12 and we will call him JareBear) and when it was over everything went back to normal, well our version of normal, He gets mad at me, yells at me calls me names, does anything he can to tear me apart, thats our normal, and i let him do it.
Well a day or so ago he got his hair cut by our mom, this is MY mom right? and right after she finished he says " I'm gonna ask dad to take me to get my hair cut so the lady can fix this mess."
My mom ignored his comment and asked if i wanted my hair cut, but all i did was stare at my brother about ready to kill him. Like why on hells earth would you do that to the person that raised you and gave almost eveything you've wanted!?!
Well we went to our dads house and my dad took him to get his hair cut.
Well they got home and my brother went to his room, and my dad started talking to my step mom about my brother.
He said, " So we went to get his hair cut right?" she nodded and he countuied "We were sitting in the car on the way home and he decided to say that next time we go and get his hair cut he's going to tell the lady how bad she was last time and try to make her feel bad so she does his hair right." My step mom stopped making dinnier and looked at my dad, "Are you serious?" and at that moment my brother came down acting as if he did nothing wrong.
And thats when the arguing started.
My dad got on to him and i had enogh of his snobby aditude and said, "The same way you treat me is the way you where saying you where going to treat the lady."
And he had the guts to say, "Right back at you."
My step mom stood up and said, "What did you just say?"
He repeated himself and she went off about how i rarely ever treat him the way he treats me and i cut in saying how i always let him use anything of mine he wants.
My dad sent him to his room and when he's out of sight my step mom says, "You need to stick up for yourself, honestly."
I was holding back tears and everything was shaking, so after dinnier i locked myself away in my room until i fell asleep.

I don't know what to do, we r going back to my mom's house soon and i honestly just don't know what to do, i don't want any of my younger brothers to have to see him like that. What should i do?

kodoku

Idol
Reaction score
Ship
I recently got into a fight with my brother (He's 12 and we will call him JareBear) and when it was over everything went back to normal, well our version of normal, He gets mad at me, yells at me calls me names, does anything he can to tear me apart, thats our normal, and i let him do it.
Well a day or so ago he got his hair cut by our mom, this is MY mom right? and right after she finished he says " I'm gonna ask dad to take me to get my hair cut so the lady can fix this mess."
My mom ignored his comment and asked if i wanted my hair cut, but all i did was stare at my brother about ready to kill him. Like why on hells earth would you do that to the person that raised you and gave almost eveything you've wanted!?!
Well they got home and my brother went to his room, and my dad started talking to my step mom about my brother.
He said, " So we went to get his hair cut right?" she nodded and he countuied "We were sitting in the car on the way home and he decided to say that next time we go and get his hair cut he's going to tell the lady how bad she was last time and try to make her feel bad so she does his hair right." My step mom stopped making dinnier and looked at my dad, "Are you serious?" and at that moment my brother came down acting as if he did nothing wrong.
My dad got on to him and i had enogh of his snobby aditude and said, "The same way you treat me is the way you where saying you where going to treat the lady."
He repeated himself and she went off about how i rarely ever treat him the way he treats me and i cut in saying how i always let him use anything of mine he wants.
My dad sent him to his room and when he's out of sight my step mom says, "You need to stick up for yourself, honestly."
I was holding back tears and everything was shaking, so after dinnier i locked myself away in my room until i fell asleep.

I don't know what to do, we r going back to my mom's house soon and i honestly just don't know what to do, i don't want any of my younger brothers to have to see him like that. What should i do?

First of all I am sorry, it must be heartbreaking for you... Maybe you could talk to your family members and then to your brother? Calmly and with empathy.... Perhaps he is in pain or ill... I pray for the best <3

Reaction score
Wreck
First of all I am sorry, it must be heartbreaking for you... Maybe you could talk to your family members and then to your brother? Calmly and with empathy.... Perhaps he is in pain or ill... I pray for the best <3
It's okay, i'm used to it by now, it's how it's always been sadly.......I've tried that once but it turned into trouble. When he is having a good day he talks to me 24/7 :) so at least i get to hear how he's doing good in school, but his "Friends" sound horrible. :( i wish he would just stop the toxic stuff he puts out tho.

Reactions: kodoku and Bookworm

Bookworm

Rookie
Reaction score

So I learned that "mythology" was originally used just to mean "the oral narratives of a religion," when stories weren't written down but expressed only through spoken words. That's also why we have the word "scripture," which refers to "written narratives of a religion." So "mythology" doesn't just mean "fake narratives," basically. The problem, though, is that most of the people who use the word are only referring to the second definition, and might not even know about the first. Hmm... Oh well.

MinSquishy

Idol
Reaction score
Ship
Wreck

You could have told me, Eun-Ae. I would have tried to help. I tears ME apart to know that you've cried so much because of someone else. I don't want you to bottle this up inside like I did. It doesn't help. I've noticed that you've been so distant lately and I hate it. I want the best for you and you need to know that. I say this so many times to you, but I really care for you and you can talk to me. I've had so much on my mind lately but seeing you not being yourself has worried me. You can say that you've been acting the same but, I'm your best friend, I know what your normal is.

I love you. Come back to me.

CanadianMAPLE

Hello mew, it's me!
Reaction score
I feel like I have a permanent haunting on my mind.
Like I can't word it so good.

But it feels like I am doomed to live a life of self hate and mentality problems.
and I feel like I am cursed.

all I see and hear and taste and feel is all rooted and I can't stand it anymore.
Maybe just lose myself in my video games until I feel better.

Reactions: Bookworm and kodoku

kodoku

Idol
Reaction score
Ship
I feel like I have a permanent haunting on my mind.
Like I can't word it so good.

But it feels like I am doomed to live a life of self hate and mentality problems.
and I feel like I am cursed.

all I see and hear and taste and feel is all rooted and I can't stand it anymore.
Maybe just lose myself in my video games until I feel better.
sorry to hear that, friend.. I also hope you feel better soon, stay strong..

Reactions: Bookworm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)

• CanadianMAPLE