COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

LOONA skin tones? (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
PLEASE do not hate on any skin tones in this thread, especially darker ones. I've seen K-Pop stans actually say stuff like "Tzuyu (from TWICE) isn't actually beautiful because of her ugly (darker) skin". This is not meant to bash any complexions. All skin is beautiful, and darker-skinned people especially do not deserve all the hate we constantly get in Asia.

I'm just curious as to the skin tones in LOONA, because a lot of their videos and pics make them all look lighter than moonlight, such as the filter on this:

But I do know some of them are actually quite tan. I think I was surprised the most by how tan Haseul was as a kid.

I was also surprised by Jinsoul. I think she was whitewashed by filters and makeup to fit her blonde aesthetic, because now that she's back to black you can see that she's one of the more olive-skinned members.

From what I can tell, the more naturally tan members are: Haseul, Yeojin, Vivi, Jinsoul, Choerry
kinda just in the middle (lightly tan): Heejin, Hyunjin, Yves, Olivia Hye
very light-skinned: Kim Lip, Chuu, Gowon

Do you agree? I am fascinated by idols' physical appearance and like to take note of the details. (Also, I know that to a lot of countries especially outside East Asia or sometimes the Southeast, all of them are light-skinned anyway. It's true that most of the time, the difference is just a few shades, but bear with me.)

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
yeah I think you are right

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
It's super common to whitewash yeah. That being said with time skin colors can lighten and some bleach their skin so it'll be brighter (I'm not certain how much that works but I know it's a common thing). Sometimes it's funny to me because I'm super pale (my hair is naturally ginger so I don't tan) but when filtered some of the idols look paler than me :wimwim:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
They get injection to lighten their skin / makeup and bleaching creams... it's a common thing in Korea they like light skin.... just like how the West they Tan their skin.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
taeyeon♡
Ship
Wreck
Aww kid Haseul <3
Twice's Tzuyu would be beautiful even if her skin was green honestly
It's just weird..here in Australia, people actually bash light skinned people for not being tanned but here, it's the opposite
I think all of them are beautiful the way they are, I hope they can also embrace themselves that way instead of trying to fit the standards <3

Reactions Received
KS Coins
It's not specific to Loona, nor South Korean celebrities but East Asia in general. Whitening creams and injections can be found in every store and agencies employ white models specially from Russia or east europe to promote their prodect. It's just a preference just how westerns get a tan, I would say people find this more of a taboo than tanning because of what dark skinned people went through.
I appreciate dark skinned beauties like Seolhyun either way. Olive skin + dark hair = perfection. Not big fan of east Asians or generally people with brown eyes going blonde.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
well even if they were tan as kids, theyre gonna be a different skin color now. theyre all doing hydroquinone injections and stuff

Reactions Received
KS Coins
It's not specific to Loona, nor South Korean celebrities but East Asia in general. Whitening creams and injections can be found in every store and agencies employ white models specially from Russia or east europe to promote their prodect. It's just a preference just how westerns get a tan, I would say people find this more of a taboo than tanning because of what dark skinned people went through.
I appreciate dark skinned beauties like Seolhyun either way. Olive skin + dark hair = perfection. Not big fan of east Asians or generally people with brown eyes going blonde.
Yeah, I know. I'm Southeast Asian and it's a very, very similar situation in SE Asia. I wouldn't say it's just a preference due to the maltreatment of darker-skinned people. But all skin tones are beautiful.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread