COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Looking for Healthy Snacks (1 Viewer)

taemkitten

누난 너무 예뻐
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I'm trying to get into the groove of eating healthier, and I'm such a snacker...I try not to, but it makes me miserable constantly having to curb my eating - stresses me out further and then makes me a pouty person.

SO.

The alternative is to eat healthier instead - but the problem is, I'm not close to our work fridge, and it's hard to find anything non-cold (fruits, veggies etc) or that need/do better with cold that I can keep at my desk to snack on. I thought I was doing well with yogurt covered raisins but then I find out they are nothing more than like....candy.

I would love some advice or any recipes of things that people enjoy, especially for snacks and especially something that can be non-refrigerated and kept well at a work desk.

Thank you!

Koala

✯☾🌸Koala Of Spring’s Moon🌸☽✯
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
One healthy snack I've eaten a lot is dried banana chips. You can even make it yourself with a dehydrator that is used for sun drying tomatoes,or attempt to bake them. Also most stores contain them. Not too pricey
The texture from the banana chops actually tricks you into feeling like you're having a flavored potato chip. Crunchy things really help you feel full. There's also air popped popcorn.

taemkitten

누난 너무 예뻐
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I love dried cranberries :)
Are they sweet? I struggle with some dried fruit because it's usually tart and I nope right out of that. I'm not a huge fan of cranberry juice (even though I know it's amazingly good for you)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Are they sweet? I struggle with some dried fruit because it's usually tart and I nope right out of that. I'm not a huge fan of cranberry juice (even though I know it's amazingly good for you)
yes they are. if you don't like sweet stuff, how about cashew nuts? :)

baekk

🌺🌺
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Seaweed is always a healthier option, I always them
  • Source of Vitamins and Minerals. ...
  • Contains a Variety of Protective Antioxidants. ...
  • Provides Fiber and Polysaccharides That Can Support Your Gut Health. ...
  • May Help You Lose Weight by Delaying Hunger and Reducing Weight. ...
  • May Reduce Heart Disease Risk.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I snack on raw nuts.
mostly almonds, Walnuts, peanuts sometimes pecans.
the protein helps and they are low net carbs, but not super low calorie.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
mm trail mix? non yogurt covered raisins? if you dont want to snack maybe just eat bigger meals so you wont snack as much. Or get like a cooler lunch box to keep things cold at your desk

taemkitten

누난 너무 예뻐
Reactions Received
KS Coins
yes they are. if you don't like sweet stuff, how about cashew nuts? :)
Noo, I LOVE sweet stuff! I can't stand tart stuff and cranberries always seemed tart to me x.x I'm excited to hear they aren't

One healthy snack I've eaten a lot is dried banana chips. You can even make it yourself with a dehydrator that is used for sun drying tomatoes,or attempt to bake them. Also most stores contain them. Not too pricey
The texture from the banana chops actually tricks you into feeling like you're having a flavored potato chip. Crunchy things really help you feel full. There's also air popped popcorn.
Ooo, I've had banana chips before and they really are quite tasty. I'll have to get more and keep some at my desk
Cookies

jk but I do exchange my beloved cookies for muesli bars
I've never had muesli bars - what are they?
Seaweed is always a healthier option, I always them
  • Source of Vitamins and Minerals. ...
  • Contains a Variety of Protective Antioxidants. ...
  • Provides Fiber and Polysaccharides That Can Support Your Gut Health. ...
  • May Help You Lose Weight by Delaying Hunger and Reducing Weight. ...
  • May Reduce Heart Disease Risk.
O: I knew seaweed was good, but those are nice tidbits of benefits! Where can you find it/in what forms (beside the seaweed sheets to wrap sushi)?
I snack on raw nuts.
mostly almonds, Walnuts, peanuts sometimes pecans.
the protein helps and they are low net carbs, but not super low calorie.
I love pistachios, but I tend to over-eat them. I might see if I can make myself some little portion-controlled snack bags to keep me going on protein but not as much calorie
mm trail mix? non yogurt covered raisins? if you dont want to snack maybe just eat bigger meals so you wont snack as much. Or get like a cooler lunch box to keep things cold at your desk
OH! That's a great idea, the cooler - it's not like I need the snacks to stay cold for more than about 4 hours anyway c: so long as I eat them around lunch time

You guys are giving me great ideas, thank you!

lexus

Pinkchella
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
I like to eat Larabars. They’ve got a variety of flavors. The bars only contain dates, other fruits, nuts or seeds, and maybe some salt. A few of them have chocolate chips in them, but not many. The only bad thing about these isn’t that the fat and sugar content is a bit high. They’re still pretty healthy, just don’t eat so many in one sitting.

baekk

🌺🌺
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
O: I knew seaweed was good, but those are nice tidbits of benefits! Where can you find it/in what forms (beside the seaweed sheets to wrap sushi)?
Roasted Seaweed Snack, they have different flavors. You can probably find it anywhere

baekk

🌺🌺
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Roasted Seaweed Snack, they have different flavors. You can probably find it anywhere

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Peanut butter and banana cracker/rice cake slices (topped with chia seeds). You can keep the ingredients all on your table.

It’s my favourite snack. If it’s possible, try to buy natural peanut butter that has nothing but peanuts in it because the rest are filled with a bunch of ugly stuff that kind of defies the whole “healthy” purpose. So if you can find some, go for the natural peanut butter (or make it yourself by roasting the peanuts until they release oil and then blending them). I just love peanut butter so much. Ever since I started eating raw/natural foods, it became my #1 favourite. It just makes everything better.

Also, Greek yogurt is pretty healthy for you. So if you’re eating the natural Greek yogurt then it’s not really “candy”. But I guess it depends which yogurt you’re eating. On topic of Greek yogurt though, I like mixing peanut butter with that to give it some more flavour and topping it with fruit and nuts. That’s another healthy snack for you. Or you can make some homemade muesli bars or make protein balls.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread