COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Official LGBTIQ+ Support Thread (9 Viewers)

Reactions Received
Website
www.jype.com
KS Coins
hi

Reactions Received
KS Coins
No mom, I'm not gonna change when I'm older and I'll never give you grandkids, it involves sperm and pregnancy which creeps me the flying fuck out even if I don't have to have sex with a male for it, it feels unnatural and wrong... Oh and that "weird woman" who's car I stepped out is the one I love, a little respect please...

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MY
No mom, I'm not gonna change when I'm older and I'll never give you grandkids, it involves sperm and pregnancy which creeps me the flying fuck out even if I don't have to have sex with a male for it, it feels unnatural and wrong... Oh and that "weird woman" who's car I stepped out is the one I love, a little respect please...
Is it a Toyota?

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MY
Right?? Her car looks different tho (smol and black) and she wears glasses but damn similarities
True but this commercial is your life right there haha

I hate the fact that being heterosexual is the norm though and like when parts of your family say to you 'Do you have a boyfriend yet?' or 'Do you have a girlfriend yet?' depending on your gender, then they are completely shocked if you say you have a relationship of the same sex.
Honestly, if ever I have to ask someone if they have a boyfriend or girlfriend, I always say 'So, do you have someone in your life?' and that way, it's not putting them on the spot of saying 'No, I'm not interested in that specific gender and I am with the gender you are not expecting.'

Reactions Received
KS Coins

I hate the fact that being heterosexual is the norm though and like when parts of your family say to you 'Do you have a boyfriend yet?' or 'Do you have a girlfriend yet?' depending on your gender, then they are completely shocked if you say you have a relationship of the same sex.
Honestly, if ever I have to ask someone if they have a boyfriend or girlfriend, I always say 'So, do you have someone in your life?' and that way, it's not putting them on the spot of saying 'No, I'm not interested in that specific gender and I am with the gender you are not expecting.'
That's why I can't wait for our generation to have offspring so we can be like... "Mood".

Reactions Received
KS Coins

Yeah I got called boring a lot for never having boyfriends... My mom kept saying I'm an antisocial weirdo for not wanting a boyfriend and kids later umm... I want a girlfriend and a bunch of cats, let me live -_- and even now I'm out, she claims to accept and respect it but continues to bother me... I'm almost 21, you can't even blame hormones here

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MY
That's why I can't wait for our generation to have offspring so we can be like... "Mood".
True but it is actually getting better. Slowly but surely!
I'm really hoping Taiwan can legalise same sex marriages this year.

Yeah I got called boring a lot for never having boyfriends... My mom kept saying I'm an antisocial weirdo for not wanting a boyfriend and kids later umm... I want a girlfriend and a bunch of cats, let me live -_- and even now I'm out, she claims to accept and respect it but continues to bother me... I'm almost 21, you can't even blame hormones here
It's people being ignorant. They are still stick in that particular mindset!
I'm hoping for one day where if someone asks you if you have someone, the gender won't matter and the conversation will be completely natural.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Something that really bugs me is how gay and bisexual people aren't allowed to donate blood in my country... The reason: we have more sex(??) and use less protection... Umm, wut? Okay less protection I understand (why would a gay man wear a condom, he can't make another man pregnant) but assuming all LGBT+ people are a bunch of hoes and cishets are oh so pure... I'm a virgin, monogamous AF and I'm not allowed to donate blood JUST because I happen to like women... Discrimination at it's finest! Actually, many LGBT+ people have less experience in this area, we're late bloomers cause we had to accept ourselves and come out first (bisexuals may have had "straight" relationships before, but gays and lesbians are generally later than straight people with sex) While my friends in my teen years started to lose their virginities, I was still busy struggling in my head "what if I like girls, but that's wrong, what if I'm straight cause a guy was nice to me once, no ew gross"

What makes even less sense is I did register as an organ donor... I wasn't out yet tho... But I mean, they didn't even ask I just had to give permission to take my organs if I die... That was literally it

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MY
Something that really bugs me is how gay and bisexual people aren't allowed to donate blood in my country... The reason: we have more sex(??) and use less protection... Umm, wut? Okay less protection I understand (why would a gay man wear a condom, he can't make another man pregnant) but assuming all LGBT+ people are a bunch of hoes and cishets are oh so pure... I'm a virgin, monogamous AF and I'm not allowed to donate blood JUST because I happen to like women... Discrimination at it's finest! Actually, many LGBT+ people have less experience in this area, we're late bloomers cause we had to accept ourselves and come out first (bisexuals may have had "straight" relationships before, but gays and lesbians are generally later than straight people with sex) While my friends in my teen years started to lose their virginities, I was still busy struggling in my head "what if I like girls, but that's wrong, what if I'm straight cause a guy was nice to me once, no ew gross"

What makes even less sense is I did register as an organ donor... I wasn't out yet tho... But I mean, they didn't even ask I just had to give permission to take my organs if I die... That was literally it
That is the sad truth! Where are you from if I may ask?

I'll tell you what else really annoys me, the fact that there is a term of 'Lesbian death bed'. I mean yes it's true that they may have less sex the longer a relationship goes on, but that can also happen to straight and gay couples too. Also it depends on the couple and it's up to the couple to work things out.
The term 'Lesbian Death Bed' is one of the most insulting thing you can say to a woman who is in a relationship with another woman.

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I was always so sure that I was asexual, but I've realized by now that it isn't really true anymore. It may be later than most people would figure it out but my attraction to girls really doesn't qualify as "mild interest" anymore. Honestly I have come to realize the biggest reason why I tried to convince myself I wasn't a lesbian is that it would make life so much more convenient, and thats still true, but I've tried and failed so many times to be who my parents would consider an acceptable child, but I think its time to think more about what I want instead.

Tbh it feels nice to finally accept this. I don't know how open I can really be with it, but I'm going to stop trying to hide it so much. I cant tell my family, but I can tell the friends I really trust. I just want to be able to really be honest with those few people,and I guess we'll see where this ends up taking me.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MY
I was always so sure that I was asexual, but I've realized by now that it isn't really true anymore. It may be later than most people would figure it out but my attraction to girls really doesn't qualify as "mild interest" anymore. Honestly I have come to realize the biggest reason why I tried to convince myself I wasn't a lesbian is that it would make life so much more convenient, and thats still true, but I've tried and failed so many times to be who my parents would consider an acceptable child, but I think its time to think more about what I want instead.

Tbh it feels nice to finally accept this. I don't know how open I can really be with it, but I'm going to stop trying to hide it so much. I cant tell my family, but I can tell the friends I really trust. I just want to be able to really be honest with those few people,and I guess we'll see where this ends up taking me.
Now you can really enjoy those Dreamcatcher ships and other GG ships much more!
Also congratulations on this realisation! You should be really proud of yourself!

gongchan

Izz/Phoenix
Reactions Received
Website
theghostofwind.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Bana
Pronouns
he/him
Ship
Wreck
This thread is kinda dead :')

But anyways,,,how tf are you supposed to come out to your family??? Like, close family I might be able to survive but what about relatives you aren't close with? I don't even know where I'm supposed to start ;-;

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread