COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Information KS retrospective (1 Viewer)

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship

It's been a year since this beautiful community was created, but I think we grew up a lot. KS staff decided to have a retrospective to see what happened during these 12 months. We had up's and down's, active times and quiet times, but now we can celebrate! Here are a few of our most important moments:

EVENTS WE HAD

3.02.2019 - 20.02.2019: Nominees
25.02.2019 - 5.03.2019: Voting
29.04.2019 - 3.05.2019: Winners
During this event we voted for the best songs of 2018. It was a big project with lots of videos and a new voting platform involved.

02.03.2019 - 08.03.2019
To celebrate International Woman's Day we posted everyday one thread to appreciate the most iconic women of the Kpop Industry.

06.04.2019 - 06.05.2019
Our Game of Thrones inspired event celebrated the last GOT season. It was one of our biggest events, since users teamed in 9 families and fought for 'the iron throne'. Each participant got a family badge and each family had to collect points through different actions:

19.04.2019 - 20.04.2019: Sign ups
21.04.2019: Game
During this event users had to hunt easter eggs in different threads on forum. Users with the most eggs were the winners.

This was a small event to appreciate the mother idols in kpop.

13.05.2019 - 17.05.2019: Sign ups
18.05.2019 - 20.05.2019: Voting
During this event users were able to pick songs and make their own playlist for a given scenario.

27.05.2019 - 02.06.2019: Suggestions
03.06.2019 - 07.06.2019: Voting
During this event users had to create their dream duo and suggest everything from concept to name, style and debut song.

06.06.2019 - 11.06.2019
Users had to answer different kpop related questions to earn points.

User of the month will be an ongoing project where we will recognize users for their great forum behavior. The user who is named the "User of the Month" will be awarded with a special golden banner underneath their username for the duration of the month!

SPECIAL MENTIONS:
Thanksgiving with KS (22nd-25th of November): Participants had to create funny conversations between users
Secret Santa event (18-24th of December): Each participant had a secret Santa and got a special gift
Secret Valentine had 3 smaller parts: Secret Valentine, Secret Rose Message and The Rose competition
Appreciation raffle (21-26th of February): A spreading positivity event
Lyricist event: Participants had to create a song following a theme with snippets from existing songs
KPOPSOURCE Minecraft (on going): A server created for users to play Minecraft together

USER GENERATIONS
Because we like to celebrate, we awarded limited edition badges to our first users. We got 3 generations for our first 300 members, each generation having its colors and a special badge:

Also when KS got 100k posts the existing users got a free badge of their choice

STAFF RECRUITMENTS
We started like a really small team, but we grew up, we got more teams and more staff members. Since we're trying to keep KS an enjoyable place, we got staff from different timezones so someone can be around at any time.

MOST AWARDED BADGES
Most awarded group badges:

Most awarded member badges:

Most awarded soloist badges:

Most awarded company badge:

Most awarded special badge:

And let's not forget about the beautiful squish badge. Awards team pranked everybody awarding numerous squish badges on 1st of April:

But now...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY KS!

Last edited:

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
it all has been so much fun. let many more years come our way here

kuro

✰ hiatus ✰
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
happy anniversary KPS
it has truly been a special journey
may many more happy years come
:pandalove:

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Best forum with best staff and best users :pepeheart:
Here's to many more years :sanapray:

Kimono

Woo Woo Wa Baby
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I love this site! It’s been great fun. Here’s to more discoveries for soloists and bands!

P.S please fix the page loading issues

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
:maheart:

I'm so happy to be a part of this wonderful forum, I consider this place like a second home filled with wonderful people who are so accepting and friendly.

I'm excited to see us continuing to grow in the coming years.

:pandalove:

Wooyoungie

로레나 ♡
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Happy anniversary :bigcatlove::bigcatlove:
Thank you, staff, for all your hard work :sanapray:

Reactions Received
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
Happy Anniversay KS, it's been half a year since I joined this the best kpop forum in the world n it's been great fun.
The staff n users r so awesome n even tho I may be KS' greatest lurker (who still posts a lot smh), I've enjoyed interacting/reading/
stalkingbrowsing so many interesting threads/conversation with so many great KS members starting w/Miyeon, notthatmarko (who really rubbed me irritated me the wrong way at first, maybe cos I dint get his snarky way then.) also bulletproof, goyo, Reo, RainbowDevil ok I'll stop here cos there's too many users in just six mths. I've loved every second of being part of KS community in my own limited way. N learned from the users here abt more great kpop ggs tat I wouldn't hv anywhere else.
Here's to KS' 1st anniversary n many more to come in the future.

kuro

✰ hiatus ✰
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Happy Anniversay KS, it's been half a year since I joined this the best kpop forum in the world n it's been great fun.
The staff n users r so awesome n even tho I may be KS' greatest lurker (who still posts a lot smh), I've enjoyed interacting/reading/
stalkingbrowsing so many interesting threads/conversation with so many great KS members starting w/Miyeon, notthatmarko (who really rubbed me irritated me the wrong way at first, maybe cos I dint get his snarky way then.) also bulletproof, goyo, Reo, RainbowDevil ok I'll stop here cos there's too many users in just six mths. I've loved every second of being part of KS community in my own limited way. N learned from the users here abt more great kpop ggs tat I wouldn't hv anywhere else.
Here's to KS' 1st anniversary n many more to come in the future.
what about me :umjicry:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread