• Dear Guest, not receiving any emails from our forum to confirm your account? Please check your junk/spam folder on your email client.

Event KPopSource Music Awards 2020 (1 Viewer)

kpopshop

Sponsored Advertisement

RainbowDevil

Video Game Designer
Reaction score
Ship
THE KSMAs ARE BEGINNING
(CLICK THE IMAGE TO VOTE)

It's our annual forum award show brought to you by the hard-working staff team! (Totally not biased)
We made a long list of nominees within each category that we then thinned out, voted for and discussed for quite a while until we finally got what we thought were the most worthy nominees.

It's now on you guys, the users, to vote for the winners in each of the categories.

READ THIS BEFORE VOTING:

- The voting form will be open until the 4th of April - 12.00 PM CET
- There are a lot of categories and you do not have to vote for every single one, you can just skip the ones you don't know/want to vote on
- You can vote for 2 nominees in each category, your "First" nominee gets 2 votes, "Second" gets 1 vote.
- Only registered members on the site can vote
- If something you enjoy/like/are sure should have been among the nominees, we understand your feeling but we voted as objectively as possible and as a collective of people it is our viewing of these categories, not one based on popularity or bias but on quality.
- You can access the voting form by clicking the banner or by clicking
here

I hope you all enjoy the voting experience as well as the announcement of winners afterwards, thank you for participating!
I'll answer all your questions down below!

(CLICK THE IMAGE TO VOTE)

Last edited by a moderator:

ikonicraja

↠@bulletproof is the noora to my eva↞
Reaction score
loonaverse into the buddy hole & flover garden ღ
Ship
Wreck
vote y’all

RainbowDevil

Video Game Designer
Reaction score
Ship
ok but no BTS for Daesangs anything:sadcat:
Ye, as we said, not a popularity contest :lazypotato: We talked a lot about it but we came to the conclusion that
a) putting them in kpop award shows gives no other artist a chance
b) the comeback had most effect on their fans and not other fandoms or neutrals while the others nominated were more widely liked

bulletproof

✧ @ikonicraja is the eva to my noora ✧
Reaction score
Ship
Ye, as we said, not a popularity contest :lazypotato: We talked a lot about it but we came to the conclusion that
b) the comeback had most effect on their fans and not other fandoms or neutrals while the others nominated were more widely liked
well they got no awards last year, KS doesn't have that many armys... but it's ok

ikonicraja

↠@bulletproof is the noora to my eva↞
Reaction score
loonaverse into the buddy hole & flover garden ღ
Ship
Wreck
hope Samuel Seo will get some votes. playaplayaplaya is an amazing song

RainbowDevil

Video Game Designer
Reaction score
Ship
well they got no awards last year, KS doesn't have that many armys... but it's ok
Last year had a lot of problems because of user nominations... and a lot of the nominations being pure bias and popularity.
Yea BTS didn't win anything but like, do they have to win anything on our forum awards when they are winning everything on actual "real" award shows?

I understand you but I think you also understand the idea of the award show.

Last edited:

Vikki

"Ten is a lesbian whisperer" -lexusuwu
Reaction score
Ship
Wreck
They just didn't get enough votes during the nomination phase to get any songs on the awards lists since we didn't do it by popularity but by how quality we thought the songs were.

Soleski

Idol
Reaction score
Ship
But I have seen popular groups, like EXO, Twice for example in the best bg/gg
I dont mind that their album or songs are not nominated (no popularity contest ok) but not even in the best bg?

Vikki

"Ten is a lesbian whisperer" -lexusuwu
Reaction score
Ship
Wreck
I dont mind that their album or songs are not nominated (no popularity contest ok) but not even in the best bg?
During nominations they just didn't get as many votes as the other groups that are on there. Exo and Twice did.

Reaction score
I would have nominated BTS if i was not busy during the voting period but i dont think any of us are biased in the staff team, you can count with one hand how many of us are exol/once in the whole 20+ staff team, even two of our mods are army. BTS is already the biggest boyband in the world, none can deny that.

Edit - Sorry if i missed my vote :yolk:

amourpinks

Rookie
Reaction score
I understand that you guys wanted to allow other groups to have a chance but... there really are not that many armys and blinks on this forum. also if that's the case then exo, twice, red velvet etc shouldn't be on the voting ballad either, considering they have more stans on this forum then bts and bp do. I understand that you guys worked hard for this and it's great that we can have things like this, but I think that groups like bts and bp also deserve to be on this ballot. Even if they are very popular, they had some of the best releases in 2019 and the most impact on the kpop community. I'm still going to vote and I appreciate that you guys made this, but I don't think taking bp and bts off of all of the ballots simply because they're popular was a good idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kuro Events 46
notthatmarko Events 14