COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

KPop stans; why don't you like JPop? Have you tried getting into it? (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
As the title says, for the kpop stans the ones who don't like JPop? Why? Have you tried to get into it? What is it about it you don't like compared to your love for KPop?

Kimono

Woo Woo Wa Baby
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I used to be into it but not anymore. Just lost inote rest. Not to say I dislike it now but it doesn’t sound the same As kpop and doesn’t hold my heart. I listen to the odd jpop song such as akb48

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I am not as into as I use to be. I was into Jpop before getting into Kpop. I still listen to mostly groups from Johnny & LDH though. It not that I lost interest, Kpop is just more easily accessible than Jpop. That one of the reasons why some of my kpop friends can't get into Jpop is because it not as global as Kpop because Japan is more strict about it. Like Johnny just recently open up Youtube account for like Arashi.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
it's just so hard to get into it because of the strict copyright laws that japan has. like even if I wanted to get into a group id have to download all of their videos onto my computer from jpop fandom websites just to get to know them. and I find that many jpop groups don't have permanent members and they rotate depending on age. and i dont like that lol. also their music just isnt my style. there is a group that i wanted to get into called fairies but, i could barely find any videos on them where I could get to know them. i actually tend to listen to more solo artists then groups because of this, solo artists usually have their music on apple music and they tend to be more open.

kpop is just so easy to get into, their whole market is catered to not only Korean fans but international fans as well. there are subbed videos, forums like these to interact with other fans, the artists themselves usually know a little bit of english and regularly communicate with international fans. kpop groups actually do world tours, and everything, i mean everything is usually available on youtube. its just great for international fans like me to get to know certain groups and just the genre in general.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
They don’t look as nice

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
I like a few old jpop/rock songs but the idol music just seems kinda boring to me, outside of Faky
it's just so hard to get into it because of the strict copyright laws that japan has. like even if I wanted to get into a group id have to download all of their videos onto my computer from jpop fandom websites just to get to know them. and I find that many jpop groups don't have permanent members and they rotate depending on age. and i dont like that lol. also their music just isnt my style. there is a group that i wanted to get into called fairies but, i could barely find any videos on them where I could get to know them. i actually tend to listen to more solo artists then groups because of this, solo artists usually have their music on apple music and they tend to be more open.

kpop is just so easy to get into, their whole market is catered to not only Korean fans but international fans as well. there are subbed videos, forums like these to interact with other fans, the artists themselves usually know a little bit of english and regularly communicate with international fans. kpop groups actually do world tours, and everything, i mean everything is usually available on youtube. its just great for international fans like me to get to know certain groups and just the genre in general.
All of this and mainly this.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I like a few old jpop/rock songs but the idol music just seems kinda boring to me, outside of Faky

All of this and mainly this.
i loved faky, but theyre not that popular in japan which is sad.

I'm actually really looking forward to jyps new Japanese girl group, Nizi. I think that he might implement a lot of kpops business tactics which I'm excited for.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I love a few groups nowadays and some soloists. In fact I love more Jpop soloists than groups and I discovered them before Kpop. But well I prefer Kpop for a lot of reasons.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
As the title says, for the kpop stans the ones who don't like JPop? Why? Have you tried to get into it? What is it about it you don't like compared to your love for KPop?
lack of youtube, how aggressively they CP write every thing.
Almost no subs.
It is just too much effort usually.
Kpop cares about non Korean fans Jpop to me does not give a rats ......

really did like this though.

This was fun

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
Pretty much what @amourpinks said. It’s not as easy to get into artists and their music like it is in Kpop and I personally haven’t found any Jpop songs that I really enjoyed.

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Japan being the 2nd biggest music market in the world, most Jpop groups and their agencies really don't see a need to cater to the international market. I mean AKB48 and Arashi sales dwarf Kpop numbers, and they exclusively come from Japan.

With Kpop, Korea is a small market, and so it's more profitable to target I-fans as well to get bigger profits. That's why the Hallyu wave is a thing and it's so easy to get into even less popular/nugu-ish groups compared to Jpop. I stan Oh My Girl for example, a mid tier group. If this was Japan, I'd have a hard time finding any content. Now I can watch their MVs, V lives, variety appearances and so much more.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Japan being the 2nd biggest music market in the world, most Jpop groups and their agencies really don't see a need to cater to the international market. I mean AKB48 and Arashi sales dwarf Kpop numbers, and they exclusively come from Japan.

With Kpop, Korea is a small market, and so it's more profitable to target I-fans as well to get bigger profits. That's why the Hallyu wave is a thing and it's so easy to get into even less popular/nugu-ish groups compared to Jpop. I stan Oh My Girl for example, a mid tier group. If this was Japan, I'd have a hard time finding any content. Now I can watch their MVs, V lives, variety appearances and so much more.
The crazy thing is IZ*ONE is hanging with the sister groups. Not the top 46 or the AKB (which are really a super combined of all 2-300 plus girls)
but 3-350k per album is hkt range.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I'm more into jpop and kpop at the moment. I'm not just into j-idols so I tend to listen lot of soloists and groups that do anisongs. (K)NoW_NAME is newest group I'm into. They are this somewhat big group of music producers, two female singers and one male rapper I also like Daoko, Ali Project, Kalafina, Kokia, Lisa and Mili. I also like Teddyloid and Chanmina, but not everything they put out just some stuff. The jpop I listen is not that comparable to kpop since it's music first and I'm not that into particular members usually, I don't keep up with then news of industry, who is popular, scandals, any particular member (though I do have some favorites). I just find groups who do good music that I love. It's very much how I listen western music.

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
The crazy thing is IZ*ONE is hanging with the sister groups. Not the top 46 or the AKB (which are really a super combined of all 2-300 plus girls)
but 3-350k per album is hkt range.
Yeah their Japanese numbers are insane, and the Korean members are popular in Japan too which is a good sign.
I wonder how many more Japanese comebacks are in store.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Yeah their Japanese numbers are insane, and the Korean members are popular in Japan too which is a good sign.
I wonder how many more Japanese comebacks are in store.
I legit feel akb Should just give em full on sister group status and make em perma.
3 girls from 2 groups gotta be generating a crazy amount of profit for him.
I would guess at least 3 more J singles.

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
it‘s not that I don’t like japanese music. I just tend to be more into other styles. Lately I have been for example way more into the american indie scene

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Buddy
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
it‘s not that I don’t like japanese music. I just tend to be more into other styles. Lately I have been for example way more into the american indie scene
What would I say? :susPepe:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread