COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

News Korea may get rid of their age system (1 Viewer)

Yolks

✦ Hwang Hyunjin ✦
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wouldn't it mess up a lot of things too? Such as the education system and etc? I don't even know lol
Yeah, it would, especially the hierarchy system which I mentioned in another comment,, If they were to change it, they'd probably just keep the education system the same as before but people's ages would be different? Idk either lol, this whole thing is a mess

Discipline

Together, Just be joyful tonight.
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Yeah, it would, especially the hierarchy system which I mentioned in another comment,, If they were to change it, they'd probably just keep the education system the same as before but people's ages would be different? Idk either lol, this whole thing is a mess
I feel like if the age system is removed, then the hierarchy system will change, idk? Maybe this is a progressive turn to become more modern? I have no idea. It's fascinating in a way though. I wonder how it will change lol bless everyone that will be directly affected by this though

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
How are they going to switch to the international system, though? If they implement the change, people who were hyungs before will suddenly become 'chingus' to someone who they were once a hyung to; it would mess up the hierarchy.
I agree Korea's system is pretty confusing, and it would be better to use what everyone else in the world is using, but I don't understand how they are going to smoothly change over to a different system.
And metric yes :sanapray:
Well it probably would be difficult for everyone who is alive right now, at least for the beginning, but as a result it would make it easier for future generations so idk it seems worth it to me.
Also I feel like if they do switch over to officially using international age there will still be people, especially older ones, that still use and recognize Korean age? Its like if the official language of a country switches its not everyone who is alive suddenly learns the official labguage and uaes it, it seems like its more about how you teach the young children who pass it on and stuff.
I dont know my brains not working its too early. :yolk:

Last edited:
Reactions Received
Website
wholefull.tumblr.com
KS Coins
They are younger than what their korean age is, 1 to 2 years, but I'm still not sure how it exactly works.
it has to do with the lunar year. if you were born after february something or another you add one year to your international age. then at new years you add another year.

also from what i know when a baby is born it's already considered a year old?

lexus

Pinkchella
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
I kind of have mixed feelings about this one. There age system can be quite confusing and it's weird when idols say they're 1-2 years older than they actually are (at least to me :welp:).

However, it's still apart of their culture. Wouldn't this confuse a lot of people anyways if they did this? Wouldn't they be against it?

Reactions Received
Website
www.jype.com
KS Coins
oooooofff

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread