COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Movie Jessica Jung not playing in her quest for media domination. (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
She wrote books.....
Jessica the one Seohyun said never read....

and a movie seriously. Way to go!!

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I already know people will take stuff from the book and make it out to be about Jessicagate lmao.

I hope it's good, most YA stuff is usually terrible but who knows :sanapray: Get that coin, queen :sj_weary:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I already know people will take stuff from the book and make it out to be about Jessicagate lmao.

I hope it's good, most YA stuff is usually terrible but who knows :sanapray: Get that coin, queen :sj_weary:
Well she is very qualified to tell that story ...not sure about writing it.
I hope its good enough to read.

but just think of all the drama they will have to add ... not sure the inherent drama of kids competing for spots will be enough. They will need fights and feuds to 'spice' it up

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Wreck
This looks pretty interesting story-wise, not sure about her writing.

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
this makes me so excited :sanapray: :sj_weary:

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Loving her US label already:nakypog:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
The Rihanna (minus the bops) of K-pop releasing everything but music.

Reactions Received
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
Well she is very qualified to tell that story ...not sure about writing it.
I hope its good enough to read.

but just think of all the drama they will have to add ... not sure the inherent drama of kids competing for spots will be enough. They will need fights and feuds to 'spice' it up
If it's YA, we're not quite the target market for this altho we're adjacent as kpop fans. I hvnt read many (for certain definition of "many") but the drama n stuff of YA is more about the concerns of teens/tweens or watever the age of the protagonists/audience.
I'm more dubious if she knows the target market/has a good editor n can produce a compelling-to YA audience/kpop-adjacent market.
I do hv hopes she'll do a good job or it wouldn't be published at all.:sanapray:
ETA: I ignoredly don't click the link OP so I just found the synopsis:
Overview:

Crazy Rich Asians meets Gossip Girlby way of Jenny Han in this knock-out debut about a Korean American teen who is thrust into the competitive, technicolor world of K-pop, from Jessica Jung, K-pop legend and former lead singer of one of the most influential K-pop girl groups of all time, Girls Generation.
What would you sacrifice for a chance to live your dreams?
For seventeen-year-old Korean American Rachel Kim, the answer is almost everything. Or at least that’s been the answer for the past six years, ever since she was recruited by DB Entertainment—one of Seoul’s largest K-pop labels, known for churning out the industry’s most popular stars.
The rules are simple: Train 24/7. Be perfect. Don’t date. So while Rachel and her fellow trainees face grueling practices, punishing expectations, and ruthless competition, they know it’s worth it for the chance to debut in DB’s newest girl group.
And when the opportunity to sing with K-pop star and DB golden boy Jason Lee arises, Rachel knows this is her chance to get noticed. To finally debut. The only problem? Jason is charming, sexy, and ridiculously talented—he’s exactly the kind of distraction Rachel can’t afford to have. And exactly the kind she can’t stay away from.
Get ready as Jessica Jung, K-pop legend and former lead singer of Korea’s most famous girl group, Girls Generation, takes us inside the twisted, technicolor world of K-pop. Where following your dreams might just mean living through a nightmare. Where the stakes are high, but for one girl, the cost of success might be even higher.
It’s time for the world to see: this is what it takes to SHINE.
ebook, 352 pages
Expected publication: October 6th 2020 by Simon Pulse
About wat id expect from YA novel after reading Crazy Rich Asians trilogy n Jenny Han "All the boys" trilogy as well as the movies adapted therefrom. I'll probably read it but hope it's not too formulaic or cliche ridden, even if it is mostly taken from her/others' real life, Real Life™ can be cliched/formula ridden.
Still expect it to be a blast , at least for all the tea:taesip:(irony intended).

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread