COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

It's time to end the, "Wonho's stylist sexualizes him" myth. (1 Viewer)

LeeHoseok

ᵀᴴᴬᵀ Monbebe/WENEE
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Weneebebe
Pronouns
Any
It's been somewhat of a recurring theme,
Wonho wears something unorthodox onstage and people say their stylist is sexualizing him,
making him wear things he's not comfortable with, etc. and I'm so sick of this narrative.
Wonho has, since pre-debut, always given off a "sexy" vibe and wanted that image for himself.
Now, Monsta X's stylist has confirmed that he does fully take part in his own styling.

Also the button position is personal preference, apparently:

So, it's time to end the pervasive belief that fans somehow know what's going on behind the scenes.
I can only imagine how an artist feels when something they put effort into is denounced by their own supporters.

What's your opinion on this situation?

mirella

✧✦ soloist akgae ✦✧
Reactions Received
Website
www.last.fm
KS Coins
Fandom
EXO-L?
Ship
Wreck
He seems really comfortable with being sexy onstage and wearing certain outfits. I never thought he was forced into it, he just has a lot of confidence to pull it off (I think he wore translucent pants at the airport once lol).

LeeHoseok

ᵀᴴᴬᵀ Monbebe/WENEE
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Weneebebe
Pronouns
Any
He seems really comfortable with being sexy onstage and wearing certain outfits. I never thought he was forced into it, he just has a lot of confidence to pull it off (I think he wore translucent pants at the airport once lol).
Wonho has always wanted to be seen that way, even pictures from when he was an ulzzang were taken in a "sexy" style. I still don't know where people got the idea that he was somehow forced into the role considering even during No Mercy that was the way he is. He's very confident in his style and he likes to try things that most wouldn't be comfortable with. Their stylist has actually praised him before for his willingness to try almost anything. And yes, the infamous mesh shirt + see-through pants! Then he made Kihyun wear them because they got 1st place with Alligator, lol.

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
That's great to hear. His confidence with himself and his body is inspiring.
I just want to say though, the less, the better :oof_tea::oof_tea::oof_tea:

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Sounds like a sad attempt at wanting him to be innocent but also sexy on stage to be honest, I can't see any other reason why else who dresses him would matter since he's fine with it.

LeeHoseok

ᵀᴴᴬᵀ Monbebe/WENEE
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Weneebebe
Pronouns
Any
That's great to hear. His confidence with himself and his body is inspiring.
I just want to say though, the less, the better :oof_tea::oof_tea::oof_tea:
I've honestly always loved his confidence and insistence with his style. He doesn't even care if something is from a gendered clothing line, he'll still wear it, his Calvin Klein women's collection sweater was a fan favourite:

Sounds like a sad attempt at wanting him to be innocent but also sexy on stage to be honest, I can't see any other reason why else who dresses him would matter since he's fine with it.
So very true. Many people want him to fit their fantasy image of who he is, but the reality is far different. He's a grown adult and many fans do choose to infantilize him based on his personality and take it too far. As long as he's comfortable with what he wears, no other opinion should matter.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread