COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Idols who are cancelled ( Irene,Shinee,Mamamoo +More) (3 Viewers)

Faerie

I just wanna love myself, Love my weakness
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Once
Wreck
**Please read towards the end before commenting

Hello my name is Nana and I am from Hispanic Decent. I just wanted to say how very uncomfortable I am to see kpop idols and entertainment companies using my culture to sell albums. It is my culture, not theirs - they have no right to use it. Here are a list of idols who have Cultural Appropriation the Latinos and are therefore cancelled.

Irene
7C76DE58-7C6E-4FC9-9DD7-7AA23A95DC8B.jpeg

Shinee

Mamamoo

(G)-idle

Gfriend

TwiceJihyo
089A431E-693F-4DFF-A08B-C7CDC7B45B1F.jpeg

other idols

View attachment 1579236704656.gif
My culture, not yours

I hope you realize how ridiculous this all sounds...
Getting angry at someone just because of what style they wear or what they dance to.

Recently HyunA revived backlash from netizens because she style her hair with box braids. Ironically it’s majorly non-Africans calling her out on it... We live in a world where Racism is very much alive. Majority of us want this to change, but how can we do that if we attack all those who try to appreciate another culture...

Cultural appropriation should be use for those who purposely make fun of another culture. Hell as kpop fans we should know this more then anyone else. We should be proud that our idols our opening their minds and appreciating other cultures. So stop the hate and let us appreciate:sanapray:

Attachments

Last edited:

Emanresu

Tzuyu Fanboy
Reactions Received
Website
emanresukdrama.wordpress.com
KS Coins
Fandom
Once, Sone
A favorite K-drama of mine had a male lead inexplicably sporting dreads.

What made it even more peculiar was he was supposed to be this world famous golf Superstar who ends up coaching the female lead, a young up and comer on the Korean golf scene.

Golf. The world's most conservative sport. With "dreads guy".

Even better was Dreads Guy (who rides a motorcycle becaause he's cool and edgy like that) was supposedly taught the mystical ways of golf by a mysterious white guy hermit who lived alone in a wooden shack in the secluded Korean mountains. Like a monk. He had a wooden staff that he used to teach how to hit the golf ball and a monk robe and everything.

They even call him Teacher.

LMAO.

Only in kdramas.

Funny enough that show was fucking great.

I may watch it again today.

Called Birdie Buddy.

The female lead is UEE from AFTER SCHOOL and I'm in love with her.

Sorry I saw braids and it reminded of dreads which reminded of this. Kinda got carried away in my pointless story.

Back to this topic.

In practical terms the harder one tightens their grip, the more things tend to slip through one's fingers. Trying to gatekeep the transfer of culture influence is a losing endeavor in general.

Last edited:

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
My main question is what the end goal is supposed to be as where it leads to now is segregation of cultures and that sounds like a terrible end goal which leads to even more racism.

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
totally agree with you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread