COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Idols who almost left the industry (1 Viewer)

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
What are some idols around today that nearly left and what for?

Solji doesn't really fit as there was no almost since she debuted in a vocal duo called 2NB back in 2006 but they weren't a success and she ended up leaving the group and becoming a vocal instructor for EXID who after the companies split they asked her to be part of the group.

Hani being another one as if EXID weren't successful within 3 years she was going to have to go and study instead which almost happened with their last attempt Up & Down initially doing poorly but a viral fancam of Hani no less caused the song to climb from not being on the chart all the way to #1.

One more is Seunghee as her audition with WM was actually her last attempt at becoming a singer which worked out great as she went on to become a member of Oh My Girl.​

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
J-Hope once left BTS right before BTS debut because things weren’t working out. He came back when RM and Jungkook asked him.

I knew about Solji and Seunghee but not Hani.it’s a great story when you think about it.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Soyeon left sm and a for sure gig in SNSD because of family issues for a few years, and then came back to ccm and Tara.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Can we count Hyuna leaving WG because she was sick or Summi leaving WG and JYP for School and then coming back?

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Can we count Hyuna leaving WG because she was sick or Summi leaving WG and JYP for School and then coming back?
I'd say so as there was no guarantee either of them would comeback it just happened that they did

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I know not technically not an idol and not back in Korea. The group since has fate unknown group Royal pirates had a bass player named James who went on a hella journey and initially quit everything only to be back vocally rather then playing bass.

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I am so glad that EXID continued after Up&Down and that Solji found success. Poor Girl went through alot

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread