COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

I have a controversial question 🤔🤔 (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Since I go to a catholic school, I always hear god has a plan for us. Yesterday we were learning about freewill, but if god already knows our future & chose it, we don’t have freewill. God decides if you go to heaven or hell before you’re even born. Wdym
You know if you start questioning the churches meanings it's going to lead you on the path out. All it takes is questioning one of these cracks and the rest of the cookie starts to crumble.

It's same as God is a loving God, yet God is vengeful as heck.

Religion is an oxymoron.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
You know if you start questioning the churches meanings it's going to lead you on the path out. All it takes is questioning one of these cracks and the rest of the cookie starts to crumble.

It's same as God is a loving God, yet God is vengeful as heck.

Religion is an oxymoron.
Yee I’m not actually catholic, I just attend a Catholic school. I always found a lot of errors in it. It doesn’t need make sense Adam & eve are the 1st humans because there is no way they could be. The Bible has ignored the evolution of humans & wouldn’t Adam & eve’s kids have to have kids with eve if there weren’t any other people ?

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Religion isn't exactly known for making sense and people usually are just told to have faith and not question it since when you start questioning things it falls apart

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
Reactions Received
KS Coins
The way I view it:

I used to be confused as well.
God knows our future. However, we chose it. He does have the power to control our future, and in many ways, He does. However, He doesn't for certain things because at the end of the day, we have to be responsible for our actions. He will do things to help us along the way (or not), but at the end of the day, it's us who makes the decision. It's Him who makes the decision go a certain way.

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Moa
Ship
I've actually thought about this question a lot. It all depends on your belief.

I've heard that God knows our future in the current path that we are taking but he gives us the freewill to change the path that we are on. I've also heard that God already has everything decided for us and our conception of freewill is not actually true.
There are so many beliefs and thoughts within the same religion. If you go to a Protestant Church, you will hear completely different teachings based on the same belief, that's how different it can be. They're are many more contrasts in beliefs in religions which are all dismissed. But we have to remember, religion itself was created by humans and humans are flawed which is pretty much my theory as to why there are so many opposing beliefs in the same religion.

Just to clarify, I'm not Christian myself but I've studied Islam at school where predestination and freewill is a major topic so I know quite a bit about it.

dooh

Jensetter <3 Jennie
Reactions Received
KS Coins
they say "Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely." there are no exceptions..
if there is a god, god wont interfere... i dont believe in fate..

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Since I go to a catholic school, I always hear god has a plan for us. Yesterday we were learning about freewill, but if god already knows our future & chose it, we don’t have freewill. God decides if you go to heaven or hell before you’re even born. Wdym
There is a plan but freewill can jack it up. That is the point. People have to make good choices and are accountable for those made both by commission and omission.
Since people are human and thus fallen they will jack it up. That is Jesus roll in most versions of Christianity. Where religions differ is the amount of actual effort needed to repent what can be repented of ect.
The happy bunny love version go with perma saved after once choosing.

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I've actually thought about this question a lot. It all depends on your belief.

I've heard that God knows our future in the current path that we are taking but he gives us the freewill to change the path that we are on. I've also heard that God already has everything decided for us and our conception of freewill is not actually true.
There are so many beliefs and thoughts within the same religion. If you go to a Protestant Church, you will hear completely different teachings based on the same belief, that's how different it can be. They're are many more contrasts in beliefs in religions which are all dismissed. But we have to remember, religion itself was created by humans and humans are flawed which is pretty much my theory as to why there are so many opposing beliefs in the same religion.

Just to clarify, I'm not Christian myself but I've studied Islam at school where predestination and freewill is a major topic so I know quite a bit about it.
Yeah, as I'm Muslim, the first sentence is actually what I'm trying to say.
Are you Muslim or did you just study Islam?

Reactions Received
KS Coins
you are right to some extent , we are tied to our destiny or fate , everyone has their own , as for me being a Muslim this doesn't bother me

first imma give you a brief definition of freewill
what do you want you can do , for example , i want to rule the world , i can try and probably ill succeed hahahahahahahahaha
freewill is whats in your capacity , whatever in your capacity you are able to do it , exactly like how you had the freewill to post an interesting question , you have the freewil to kill , rob ,help . no one can force you

as for heaven and hell , thats complicated cuz no one know but God
we muslims pray 5 times a day , but will that make us go to heaven? , NO , god will choose , you just gotta work with the reasons , a verse in the Holy Quran goes like "IT IS YOU WE WORSHIP AND YOU WE ASK FOR HELP"

i hope this clears you controversy , if u didnt understand ill be happy to provide you with help

Last edited:

Mew

~Angel of Death~
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Shawol
I've kinda always viewed as there's a path that is set out for us regardless but we have choice to follow it or not.

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
honestly anything coming out from the bible or relgion should be taken to seriously. Alot of things (at least in the bible) should be taken metaphorically.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
A plan, eh...
Like how your parents might have a plan for you to become a lawyer, but you actually end up being a pop singer :sanapray:

Anyway, I'm not too found of Abrahamic depictions of god. Too much dogma.
Philosophical approach, on the other hand, can be interesting.

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Moa
Ship
Yeah, as I'm Muslim, the first sentence is actually what I'm trying to say.
Are you Muslim or did you just study Islam?
I just study it ^^ I study Christianity too but we've learned more about Islam so far so I know more about it.

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
I myself am not religious, but the way I see it is...

God has a plan for everybody and is guiding you on that path, but that doesn't mean you have to follow that one. God wishes you to follow it, God shows you the way if only you let him, but it is up to you to listen to him and walk the "right" path.

jasque

Antifragile
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
He used to decide that but after he killed everyone he became more chill no?

I think now he wait for the right time to decide

Reactions Received
KS Coins
God has a plan foe us probably means he has heaven and hell ready,but humans are free to choose which one they will go to,that is what i learnt through religious lessons.

That being said i left it for other reasons.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Exo L
Ship
God knows our future. However, we chose it. He does have the power to control our future, and in many ways, He does. However, He doesn't for certain things because at the end of the day, we have to be responsible for our actions. He will do things to help us along the way (or not), but at the end of the day, it's us who makes the decision. It's Him who makes the decision go a certain way.
^this. Plus the concept of free will (within Abrahamic systems) probably explains why bad things happen to, but... thats not the point.

There are some denominations that don't believe in predestination, but rather that God knows if you will go to heaven, because God knows everything including your decisions and their result.
There's even denominations who view hell not as a separation from god or a literal burning, but rather you having to endure God's love as someone who didn't accept God in life. Thus, since you theoretically don't love God, him loving you would be torture... So lots of diverging opinions

Direct Quote from Catechism of the Catholic Church: "God predestines no one to go to hell. For this, a willful turning away from god is necessary, and persistence in it until the end. In the Eucharistic liturgy and in the daily prayers of her faithful, the church implores the mercy of God, who does not want any to perish but all to come to repentance." Catechism 1037.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread