COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

how would you feel if someone lied about their age (1 Viewer)

melancholia

i love yall <3
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
how would you feel if someone you knew on the internet lied about their age?

to me it all depends on the situation, for example, you are younger and you lie about your age in a sexual relation, to me that's not okay and it is very harmful. however, if your younger and you're afraid of the backlash than TO ME it's acceptable and I'll be accepting. i think it's important to have these discussions in the age of the internet.

with this question, does maturity matter over age (not in anything sexual)???

la_mort_pour_vous

Try To Make Yourself A Work Of Art
Reactions Received
A Singularity in the 3C 75 Black Hole System
KS Coins
Ship
:pepeslippy:

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Got something to confess? :pepelook:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Hmm...my age is something I’ve never lied about online (in real life yes because my baby face gets me discounts). It’s a rather complicated situation to lie about someone’s age online - what we project is an image we want for ourselves.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I am all for 25 until further notice

But if you are under legal and claiming to be of legal age you deserve an arse whooping.

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I am always honest about my age. There is no point in lying and that‘s what I think everyone should understand.

I get it it‘s easy to lie about age online but what’s really the point?

BlackpinkINSync

༺✮•°◤ 𝙀𝙪𝙧𝙖𝙨𝙞𝙖𝙣 ◥°•✮༻
Reactions Received
Website
www.ancestry.com
KS Coins
Fandom
𓂀 𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂 𓂀
Pronouns
𝙝𝙚/𝙝𝙞𝙢
I've lied in the past about my entire life, when I first used the internet. Because my real life was so terrible to me.
Age included. Nowadays I don't lie about nothing, if anything, I am too honest.

the only real lie I do is when dating, if I do not trust the person I am talking to.

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Moa
Ship
I've lied about my age once to my first internet friend. I haven't talked to her in years but she was 17/18 at the time and she had her first boyfriend. She started asking me for relationship advice. I was 12 :pepeslippy: She asked me how old I was after so I lied and said I was 16 to save face :wimwim:

I don't think I've lied after that though. I didn't feel the need to.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
It's best to be honest I think. But if you are lying to stranger who you won't have much interaction with and feel uncomfortable about I think that's ok. For people you know better, its' just weird. I think it's better to just withhold the information if you don't want to say. Like I won't tell everything about myself online either, but what I tell is true.

And yes what comes to online dating.. u really should be honest. Especially if one is underage and other isn't.

Mew

~Angel of Death~
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Shawol
I agree. Lying in a sexual stituation is a no no, very harmful to a person, people have arguments in this stituation about who's in the wrong alot but let's be honest if you meet someone in a club for 21's which requires I.D to get, you will assume that everyone in thar club is 21 or over... I digress.

As for other things is does depend on mental maturity as well as life experience usually that does come with age, being around similar ages does grantee more relatability when it comes to life experience, however you can still can have other conversations with people who don't share that relatability but you have similar things in common. Friendships can still happen between ages gaps, altjough the longer the gap the less likely the friendship works and will have a different dynamic (I. E 20+ and much older 60+ person is fine they're both adults no issue, compared to 25 and 6 year old, different dynamic of friendship more like a baby sitter than a friend and considered quite strange)

Lying about your age, is somewhat unnecessary but I understand why people do. People as much as they try not to do judge by age and do invalidate a younger persons opinion especially if they have no real experience on the matter, and even if the did they are assumed not to know anything cause they're a child.
It happened to me alot as a child despite me going through alot of things that not even adults go through and doing things that adults should be doing (working taking care of kids etc)
After a while my mental maturity started showing through so now I'm just a old lady inside at 30 lol

However I have lied on old school website chats, never had a profile just used to log in at school with guest accounts during break when I was 13, lied said I was 15 or sometimes 18.... That lead to my first emailed dick pic :lazypotato: (it wasn't traumatising per say, I had multiple email accounts so I used one specifically for this... But the sheer size was shocking especially for a 13 year old who thought she was a lesbian at the time lol) but it was quite common to go on Web chats that we did, our whole year did it, my friend went deep, lied made herself to be someone she's not said she was 16, got a phone number, but because she couldnt talk cause her voice was less than desirable she got me to... I confessed to him he spoke to her said he liked me more he was only 15 not 18, I was turning 14, we talked for a bit, as friends even when I went to college it was weird, then we stopped, he got married, we both have kids and we still have each other on Facebook its strange.

Last edited:
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Buddy
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
I never lie about my age, but I can't get why some people say I look like I was 16/17 years old. :pepecry1:

la_mort_pour_vous

Try To Make Yourself A Work Of Art
Reactions Received
A Singularity in the 3C 75 Black Hole System
KS Coins
Ship
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
dont yall have better things to worry about

jasque

Antifragile
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
I lived when everyone had fake accounts on orkut, so I dont see that much of a problem with that.

gongchan

Izz/Phoenix
Reactions Received
Website
theghostofwind.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Bana
Pronouns
he/him
Ship
Wreck
I think that it depends on the situation.

I know that it can bring a lot of guilt to the person lying though. After I first joined another Kpop forum, I told people I was older because I didn’t want to be viewed as someone very young. Though all it did was make me feel guilty and worry that people could never trust me again. Even now, years after, I still feel bad about lying to certain people because I’m really close to them now.

But, overall, it’s the person’s choice whether they choose to lie about their age or not, but I know that it can bring a lot of guilt (if you’re like me, at least).

perhapz

ab imo pectore
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Idk, I think it depends on the situation, the motivation or the (in)security relation of the person with its own age.

Depending on the case, I wouldn't judge or say it's ok.

In my case, I just don't have a problem sharing my real age, but I could see people who have a problem with it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread