COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

How do you prefer your group? To be more Korean based (ie: TWICE, Red Velvet) or Westernized like BLACKPINK (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
As the title says how do you prefer your groups?

To be Korean sounding ie: TWICE, Red Velvet = their title tracks could never make ground in the U.S.

or

Westernized like BLACKPINK

Reactions Received
KS Coins
every group is westernized because kpops inspiration has always followed western music. but tbh id argue that red velvets dark concepts would do great here in America if they were given the right promotion (bad boy, peekaboo).
but I think that I prefer girl groups like blackpink, idk I just think their title tracks impact me more and make me think that theyre THAT girl group. I like cute concepts because theyre catchy but im just more accustomed to the kind of music that blackpink makes.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
To actually make music
:jisoosmh:

dooh

Jensetter <3 Jennie
Reactions Received
KS Coins
less westernized !! :gyuripout: :no: :no: i am not happy which direction BTS & BP are moving.. same goes for G IDLE and their future orientation

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Somehow I Stan more cute ggs but westernized

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I just want to enjoy the music. And honestly..... KPOP has always been inspired by western sounds and trends.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Obviously everything has influence from elsewhere because at this point every single thing has been done and original stuff is pretty much impossible to come up with nowadays and this is more so talking about cute concepts and songs which aren't something you'd see in the west because people would mock it.

As for which I prefer out of the two well I think most kpop groups are just bad with more western style songs like you mention Blackpink as your example of western style but for Playing With Fire which is considered to some their best song, I would call that a korean style song and definitely what I prefer from them over something like Ddu-du Ddu-du but hey if a group can actually do a good western style song that I don't mind it

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I like my groups to be different if a group i like goes so similar to everything else i norm fall away from them [no matter the group]

I.e i fell away from bts due to them going way to western i still like there solo work and side tracks though
same with seventeen when they were trying to get away from the cutsie concept a while ago [but now love them again]

plus i like the groups i stan to be different from each other
my stanned groups:
Girl groups:
Twice - Fromis9 - ITZY

Boy groups:

Seventeen - NCT dream - Big Bang - [BTS before boy with love]

Reactions Received
KS Coins
People are going to hate me for saying it. I apologized in advance if this hurts anyone but this is purely only my opinion. I prefer AB6IX & X1 to be Korean based (Asian based) because for me...I personally feel that right now...AB6IX & X1 are quite fresh and unique...but if they promote in America and become a thing there. I feel like they will come up with generic sounding music and don't have any unique to them anymore because of main stream America.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread