COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Favourite Group of 2018? (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
STRAY KIDS FOR SURE,
STAN STRAY KIDS AND STREAM I AM YOU
okay i may have gotten a little bit too excited bc this is a chance to promote my faves but in all seriousness give their songs a shot, you wont regret it. :queen:

Discipline

Together, Just be joyful tonight.
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Yeah I know it'll be too stressful q.q . After their tour a possibly last UNB album and then maybe in January/February/March the first comeback of the year. Next year will be even more important for them to grow so I hope they'll get at least 2 comebacks and take a break whenever its possible to rest well
Yeah, 2019 will be a very crucial year for them as it will be their chance to convince UNB fans to pursue the group and it's activities. The only problem that I can predict is the fact that A.C.E usually has a very specific sound which doesn't necessarily appeal to everyone, so I hope they manage to find a balance between their own sound and something that will attract the public. I mean come on, they're always spoken about with each come back but those same people don't stick around for them :pepecry1:

For PLT literally their whole discography on Spotify.
It's more of a project group than just a normal BG because all of the members are more soloists, that put a album together with solo songs and features with members but create a few group songs as titles for those albums.
They are mostly producing everything on their own.

Start with these 2. in order because it's 1 story

and then these 2

+ let me add this live version of Blind cuz this one is insane

My 2 favorite soloist from them are Gaho and Villain, you should check these 2 out as well and like everyone else as well lmao. One of them, June is actually a ex bighit trainee and is friends with Suga as well.
I knew it, I've actually listened to Hocus Pocus before this, I just wasn't certain as I had recognised the name - oops. But I wasn't aware that they're a project group like this? That's actually really interesting, i guess that it's quite beneficial since they're all boosting each other's popularity, clever. My personal favourite has to be blind, it has those casual vibes that I really enjoy.

Also that stage blew me away, obviously as soloists, their techniques and skills will be exceptional but the performance was amazing, i was enticed the whole way through (Similarly, I also get this feeling from MAMAMOO). I can see why they're one of your picks now, also I heard of them from my friend, so I will probably more than likely check them out since this is the second referral i've been given for them.

You know what's weird, everyone in KPOP is somehow connected and knows each other, i mean the example you gave was less weird, but nonetheless.

Discipline

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
STRAY KIDS FOR SURE,
STAN STRAY KIDS AND STREAM I AM YOU
okay i may have gotten a little bit too excited bc this is a chance to promote my faves but in all seriousness give their songs a shot, you wont regret it. :queen:
It's okay to get excited, this is totally a good opportunity to sell your faves to others ^^

I actually already stan Stray Kids (I love chan so much, he's my bean :llama_noooo:) Though I won’t lie, I wasn’t necessarily a fan of the title track but I will give the B-sides a chance because I doubt there will be not even one that I like ^^

Myco

Ace of Hearts
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Choice
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
Yeah, 2019 will be a very crucial year for them as it will be their chance to convince UNB fans to pursue the group and it's activities. The only problem that I can predict is the fact that A.C.E usually has a very specific sound which doesn't necessarily appeal to everyone, so I hope they manage to find a balance between their own sound and something that will attract the public. I mean come on, they're always spoken about with each come back but those same people don't stick around for them :pepecry1:

I knew it, I've actually listened to Hocus Pocus before this, I just wasn't certain as I had recognised the name - oops. But I wasn't aware that they're a project group like this? That's actually really interesting, i guess that it's quite beneficial since they're all boosting each other's popularity, clever. My personal favourite has to be blind, it has those casual vibes that I really enjoy.

Also that stage blew me away, obviously as soloists, their techniques and skills will be exceptional but the performance was amazing, i was enticed the whole way through (Similarly, I also get this feeling from MAMAMOO). I can see why they're one of your picks now, also I heard of them from my friend, so I will probably more than likely check them out since this is the second referral i've been given for them.

You know what's weird, everyone in KPOP is somehow connected and knows each other, i mean the example you gave was less weird, but nonetheless.
A.C.E has so much variety throughout their discography alrdy so everyone can at least like one song lmao but for the most part thats still true about the specific sound

Probably all of PLT's stages are really amazing, I love watching them

Discipline

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
A.C.E has so much variety throughout their discography alrdy so everyone can at least like one song lmao but for the most part thats still true about the specific sound

Probably all of PLT's stages are really amazing, I love watching them

I mean like Title Track wise since usually that's a first impression for a lot of people^^

They really are, on Blah in particular, they ooze charisma and confidence which really captures your eye. I'm glad that they're able to perform and advertise as artists in a group rather than going down the idol route too, as you get a feel of what they're all like judging from their natural behaviour on stage. It's the littlest of things sometimes that matter :llama_smooch:

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Musically, this really has been iKON's year for me, Return was an all time great album, all their title tracks were great and it was a true rebound year after 2017's horror show and the hiatus preceding that.

Mamamoo and fromis_9 have also really impressed me, their releases have all been quality, and Mamamoo's Blue Sun comeback towards November end should be great too.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Loona, ofc. We were blessed with crunchy rap god Go Won back in January, signaling the end of Eminem and Nicki Minaj's careers. Egoist is one of my picks for song of the year and favOriTe is also up there. All four releases were amazing without a single weak track, and we still have a + + repackage on the way which we already know won't be named 'Really + +'. Orbits winning 2018.

Mamamoo. Yellow Flower is my album of the year and Red Moon is a strong contender. They are turning from idols into artists and this is just the beginning of the ride. Expect the brilliance to continue with Blue Sun.

Discipline

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Musically, this really has been iKON's year for me, Return was an all time great album, all their title tracks were great and it was a true rebound year after 2017's horror show and the hiatus preceding that.

Mamamoo and fromis_9 have also really impressed me, their releases have all been quality, and Mamamoo's Blue Sun comeback towards November end should be great too.
I honestly agree with all your choices tbh, some groups really shined this year, I hope they continue to do so in 2019.

I also can’t wait for MMM’s comeback, it seems like a mature concept again, I’m here for it

Discipline

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Loona, ofc. We were blessed with crunchy rap god Go Won back in January, signaling the end of Eminem and Nicki Minaj's careers. Egoist is one of my picks for song of the year and favOriTe is also up there. All four releases were amazing without a single weak track, and we still have a + + repackage on the way which we already know won't be named 'Really + +'. Orbits winning 2018.

Mamamoo. Yellow Flower is my album of the year and Red Moon is a strong contender. They are turning from idols into artists and this is just the beginning of the ride. Expect the brilliance to continue with Blue Sun.
You know, y’all orbits are really blessed, you get so much content from the girls. Their advertising is really smart but I can’t say more on the matter as I’m not too familiar with them

That’s what I’m thinking too, they don’t really act like an idol group anyway if that makes sense? Im ready to have a heart attack from their vocals in a few days

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Music wise, iKON stood out to me the most followed by N.Flying. They released nothing but quality thoughout the year.

Discipline

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Music wise, iKON stood out to me the most followed by N.Flying. They released nothing but quality thoughout the year.
I agree with this too, IKON really blew up with Love Scenario, and continued to thrive from the popularity with their next releases (Though Goodbye Road was a little forgettable, or atleast that's me) and N.Flying too! I remember the kpop fans buzzing about this group because of the songs and their light sticks ahah

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread