COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Favourite Group of 2018? (1 Viewer)

Discipline

Together, Just be joyful tonight.
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
This year, the group that stood out the most to me was SF9 bc bop after bop

What about you guys?

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I agree with both of these. I'm going to be very obviously not biased and say Shinee. :chickill:
As far as groups I don't stan though Day6 released a great album and Vav has been very consistent with quality releases this year.

Discipline

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I agree with both of these. I'm going to be very obviously not biased and say Shinee. :chickill:
As far as groups I don't stan though Day6 released a great album and Vav has been very consistent with quality releases this year.
SHINEE is just so consistent tbh in terms of quality that I can’t even disagree,

I still have yet to listen to DAY6’s comeback lol but I agree with VAV too, I actually forgot about them until now oof

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
SHINEE is just so consistent tbh in terms of quality that I can’t even disagree,

I still have yet to listen to DAY6’s comeback lol but I agree with VAV too, I actually forgot about them until now oof
I didnt actually care for any of their releases other than Shoot Me this year, but that whole album was really good, I was actually quite surprised by that.

Discipline

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I didnt actually care for any of their releases other than Shoot Me this year, but that whole album was really good, I was actually quite surprised by that.
I’ll have to give it a listen today, what was the best song?

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
so many good groups. I was pleased with Mamamoo, Dreamcatcher, iKON, SHINee, Red Velvet, SF9 and Seungri killed me with his releases

Discipline

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
so many good groups. I was pleased with Mamamoo, Dreamcatcher, iKON, SHINee, Red Velvet, SF9 and Seungri killed me with his releases
True, Seungri really did sing with his music this year (Especially with the musical vibe that they had to it). Would you be able to pick one or would that be difficult? :BREAD:

yeji

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
True, Seungri really did sing with his music this year (Especially with the musical vibe that they had to it). Would you be able to pick one or would that be difficult? :BREAD:
it would be to difficult to pick just one :yolk:

Myco

Ace of Hearts
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Choice
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
It's impossible to just say one group so here goes nothing ig.

A.C.E obviously^^, I hope they have a December comeback since they couldn't comeback in October as promised :kermit::zoomeyes:
But everything they released + Chan being in UNB this year just really was amazing for me.

I really loved Dreamcatcher this year as well, such a solid GG.

VAV have been constantly releasing bops since they changed group members, really looking forward what they'll do in the future.

Monsta X & DAY6 as well, so many amazing albums and songs this year, top notch quality :maheart:

PLT really took me by surprise this year as well. Probably the most balanced vocal - rap group, everyone could be a definite main in their area in a different group.

ATEEZ, Spectrum and Stray Kids released great songs as well.

IMFACT's 2 comebacks this year, played both of them so damn much, hope they'll continue releasing bops next year.

SF9 & MYTEEN, my 2 other baby groups were amazing this year as well :maheart:

SNUPER, The Rose, HALO, Teen Top, Cross Gene, RAINZ & N.Flying all of them released so many bops as well :yolk:

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
SHINee has been my favorite throughout this year, every release is just so amazing.

I guess for a group that really surprised me with their music would probably be Dreamcatcher.

yeji

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Oof, that's okay, i can understand your selection though, they all really stood out with their music this year, which song did you like the most then? or is that equal too? :llama_smooch:
pretty much equal 😂😂 there were so many good songs this year that it’s hard to pick a favorite

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Fromis_9 and Dreamcatcher

Discipline

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
It's impossible to just say one group so here goes nothing ig.

A.C.E obviously^^, I hope they have a December comeback since they couldn't comeback in October as promised :kermit::zoomeyes:
But everything they released + Chan being in UNB this year just really was amazing for me.
I don't think they're going to, it would be too stressful for them but i would love to get a comeback February time with Chan, i wonder what kind of concept they're going to go for this time around lol

I really loved Dreamcatcher this year as well, such a solid GG.
I've been meaning to get into dream catcher for about 5 months now oof,

VAV have been constantly releasing bops since they changed group members, really looking forward what they'll do in the future.
I'm glad that VAV is getting more love generally speaking, it makes me soft, but you're right, i don't think i've had a title track which i didn't like yet from them so,
Monsta X & DAY6 as well, so many amazing albums and songs this year, top notch quality :maheart:
I really enjoyed MX's japanese releases this year tbh, 'Living it up' was a good song and i still have to listen to shoot me, oof,

PLT really took me by surprise this year as well. Probably the most balanced vocal - rap group, everyone could be a definite main in their area in a different group.
I've never hard of PLT (I think?), what song would you recommend from them?

ATEEZ, Spectrum and Stray Kids released great songs as well.
The rookies this year have been top notch, ngl, i daresay, better than this year

IMFACT's 2 comebacks this year, played both of them so damn much, hope they'll continue releasing bops next year.
Na Na Na has actually convinced me to stan them, it's such a good song :yolk:
SF9 & MYTEEN, my 2 other baby groups were amazing this year as well :maheart:
YES, it was a debate between MYTEEN and SF9 when I picked mine tbh, i had to go with sf9 tho :pepecry1:

SNUPER, The Rose, HALO, Teen Top, Cross Gene, RAINZ & N.Flying all of them released so many bops as well :yolk:
omg yes. I've really become interested with SNUPER, HALO and Cross Gene in particular after their releases this year

the first half of the year in general was a really good year for many groups, there's no denying that

Discipline

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
SHINee has been my favorite throughout this year, every release is just so amazing.

I guess for a group that really surprised me with their music would probably be Dreamcatcher.
True, they both stood out this year, (Though i wasn't necessarily a fan of Dreamcatcher's recent title track but i enjoyedd the B-Sides)

Myco

Ace of Hearts
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Choice
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
I don't think they're going to, it would be too stressful for them but i would love to get a comeback February time with Chan, i wonder what kind of concept they're going to go for this time around lol
Yeah I know it'll be too stressful q.q . After their tour a possibly last UNB album and then maybe in January/February/March the first comeback of the year. Next year will be even more important for them to grow so I hope they'll get at least 2 comebacks and take a break whenever its possible to rest well

I've never hard of PLT (I think?), what song would you recommend from them?
For PLT literally their whole discography on Spotify.
It's more of a project group than just a normal BG because all of the members are more soloists, that put a album together with solo songs and features with members but create a few group songs as titles for those albums.
They are mostly producing everything on their own.

Start with these 2. in order because it's 1 story

and then these 2

+ let me add this live version of Blind cuz this one is insane

My 2 favorite soloist from them are Gaho and Villain, you should check these 2 out as well and like everyone else as well lmao. One of them, June is actually a ex bighit trainee and is friends with Suga as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread