COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Fanfiction Favorite tropes/cliches (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I am a sucker for fluff xD :pandalove:
Saaammmeee it makes me weak
FOR READING I ADORE ARRANGED MARRIAGE!

I also love the childhood friends, adult enemies, then lovers-that trope gets me but sadly the one I was reading was like BOOM BYE!

I also really like when authors get super creative. I remember reading a story where there was a tigress princess and EXO were wolf princes and the whole world was SUPER interesting. It sounds cheesy when I put it like that but legit it was written very beautifully and made the story come to life.

For my own writing though-I love dark hateful shit that blossoms into either a beautiful romance or a twisted romance.
Enemies to lovers that starts from arranged marriage is the best combination
enemies to lovers :llama_squish:
My guilty pleasure trope lol
Dotae are so fwuffy wuffy :maheart: and you don’t allow yourself to see it so sad
The fluffy wuffiest

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Squoosh ♡
Pronouns
they / them
Ship
Wreck
I like the fanfics where they meet again after a long time... then the lovey-dovey cringyness.... *sigh*

Speaking of FanFics... Give me some ideas of what to write one about...

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I like the fanfics where they meet again after a long time... then the lovey-dovey cringyness.... *sigh*

Speaking of FanFics... Give me some ideas of what to write one about...
Those are very cute.

I'm thinking about fairy tales again so maybe one of those lol

Reactions Received
KS Coins
•Soulmate AUs
- Specifically red strings of fate
°Idol AUs (Where both sides are idols)
•Highschool/College AUs
- These are usually good except when the school is called "SM High" and the main character is called Eunmi/Areum

Reactions Received
KS Coins
  • Soulmate AU
  • Vampire AU
  • Ghost AU
  • A lot of people hate them but I've read some really good ABO stories so I'll include it though not all of them are good/my taste or they get quickly repetitive. Not all ABOs are centered around hardcore ****ing and breeding ok ;;;;
  • Some established relationships fics
  • SLOW!!!!!! BURN!!!! FLUFF!!!! very minimal angst because i am babie and i get hurt easily
  • Some Idols AU but not set in canon / without canon elements

I like original/unsual plots, sometimes I read really good prompts on Twitter but they're just random tweets that never get a proper fic so I make up the story in my mind and I cry because I can't write it but I want it lol. Some people have really good ideas I wish they would develop them haha but it sounds rude to ask "please write this!!!!!". The ao3 tag I read the most lately is full of uninteresting works so I stick to the authors I know are good, but they don't update/post new works often :(...

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
A lot of people hate them but I've read some really good ABO stories so I'll include it though not all of them are good/my taste or they get quickly repetitive. Not all ABOs are centered around hardcore ****ing and breeding ok ;;;;
but thats the best thing about abos!!!! the excuse for some good smut!!!!!!!!!

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
💡 Lightbulb
Ship
- Antiheroes are my favorite. They always make for interesting characters and motivations imo.
- Pretending to be the other gender. She's the man was hilarious and Much Ado About Nothing is one of my favorite Shakespeare plays
- Breaking the fourth wall

Reactions Received
KS Coins
•Soulmate AUs
- Specifically red strings of fate
°Idol AUs (Where both sides are idols)
•Highschool/College AUs
- These are usually good except when the school is called "SM High" and the main character is called Eunmi/Areum
soulmate aus are another I have a weakness for at this point i'm weak for everything
  • A lot of people hate them but I've read some really good ABO stories so I'll include it though not all of them are good/my taste or they get quickly repetitive. Not all ABOs are centered around hardcore ****ing and breeding ok ;;;;
  • Some established relationships fics
Yeah i've read abo that are actually pretty interesting and explore gender dynamics basically so they are actually pretty cool

I don't really have much against a lot of tropes that people usually do. Like I don't get the freak out around mpreg especially when people say "it's not based in reality" cause I think they have fiction and nonfiction confused lmao
- Antiheroes are my favorite. They always make for interesting characters and motivations imo.
- Pretending to be the other gender. She's the man was hilarious and Much Ado About Nothing is one of my favorite Shakespeare plays
- Breaking the fourth wall
lol i've read a few fics where the group was all criminals with very questionable morals and they were very entertaining

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread