COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Rumor [enter-talk] IDOL QUITTING HIS GROUP THAT BLEW UP TODAY BECAUSE OF HOW WEIRD IT WAS (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins

There was a boy group called ONF
(In Oh My Girl's agency)

There's a member in the group named Laun
And he had quite a large fandom by himself too

Anyways, what's weird about this situation is

Not long ago, he shot a web drama

And last week, he was shooting IAC

"Fuse, did you guys spend a good Monday?ㅎㅎ I woke up late today so I felt like the day passed just like thatㅎㅎ"

This was posted 3 days ago

His teaser picture for the group comeback was also revealed

Even 1 hour before the article about him leaving got released,
*he was shooting a Vlive with another member

"Hello.
This is WM Entertainment.
Firstly, we wish to apologize to the many fans who love and care for ONF for bringing such unfortunate news.
While preparing for this upcoming comeback, our agency came to a final agreement with Laun for him to halt all activities in the entertainment industry due to personal reasons. As of August 23, Laun has left ONF and his contract with us has been terminated.
We want to once again apologize to fans for bringing such unfortunate news, and we will make it up to you by doing our best with the remaining members of ONF to create good music and stages through group activities.
We ask for your unchanging love and support for ONF.
Thank you."

CR. Soompi

And 1 hour later, he left the group

The company didn't give any reason but "personal reason"

So there's no official reason

People are wondering if it's really for health reasons or studies reasons
Because there's just no reason for him to quit

"What kind of situation is this?"
"Did some accident broke out? Or did they get into a big inciden? Or did he create a big accident?? Is health the excuse or school the excuse? I've never seen such a fast leave.."
"He's leaving after the new album is all done...??????!!???"

post response:
[+156][-2]

original post: here

1. [+52, -2]
No matter how you try to reason it, it just reeks something fishy. ONF's concept is "ON/OFF" so the members all have an opposite. Laun is the member that connects both, he was even updating 3 days ago and reading his tweet he was talking about preparing the comeback all together..

2. [+42, -0]
It's just weird

3. [+35, -4]
Since I'm interested in Laun, I've read all his tweets on ONF's account and watched all the videos on Youtube. And he's just not the type who would create a mess. It could just be his concept, but he really looks like an innocent kid... You can tell just by looking at a few of his videos..?? Even the hyungs of his team treat him so well... He's always smiling and hardworking.. So a kid like him suddenly quitting just feels too random

4. [+28, -0]
Did he suddenly get married? Or he decided to become a shaman? Or a spy? There's no reason unless it's something very big for him to quit

5. [+26, -0]
Quitting 1 hour after filming a Vline... This is too weird

6. [+25, -0]
Crazy it's giving me goosebumpsㄷㄷㄷ What's happening for real?

*Translation error: Laun was not in the vlive its was Etion and MK doing the vlive

_________

J-us fancafe post has lead fans to believe that members had no idea either

@Yolks

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
That picture in his tweet looks like he's totally putting on a face tbh, something about it looks awkward

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck

Maybe it looks like that way to you because you already know he left.
:pepelook:
Well while hindsight does help, that picture would've looked weird to me before as well but I just wouldn't have known why it seemed off unlike now.

Yseki

VIINI x Demian
Reactions Received
KS Coins
ONF kinda fell flat, they are not meeting the standards of WM's previous groups. I honestly would not doubt it if the company has been putting a lot of stress and pressure on them.

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Stans have been saying that he wasn't the one doing the Vlive, two other members were until the managers came busting in saying they needed to "practice" Both members looked incredibly confused

This whole situation is sketchy af

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Moa
Ship
I'm so sad he left. :(

I'm not sure what happened but I wish him the best... :bigcatcry:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Who else is expecting a really scripted response for Laun? I've been following this before it popped up on the forums and it seems to odd. MOre like a sudden canning then decision to leave. Most times artists give a good bye speech and all that jazz for one last hurah. But it literally was on and off Luan gone.

kuro

✰ hiatus ✰
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I'm confused but no matter what happens, I wish him the best and wish the group continues on as well

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Stans have been saying that he wasn't the one doing the Vlive, two other members were until the managers came busting in saying they needed to "practice" Both members looked incredibly confused

This whole situation is sketchy af

I put that their was a translation error in the op. But yeah this whole situation is sketchy​

Reactions Received
KS Coins
It does seem really weird....

I'm surprised if he was having health issued they didn't send him on hiatus first like with JinE and later make the decision to leave

If it was a surprise to members too then that makes it weirder

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Who else is expecting a really scripted response for Laun? I've been following this before it popped up on the forums and it seems to odd. MOre like a sudden canning then decision to leave. Most times artists give a good bye speech and all that jazz for one last hurah. But it literally was on and off Luan gone.
I just seemed all to suddenly most people don't wake up one and be like I am done it just don't seem right.
I'm confused but no matter what happens, I wish him the best and wish the group continues on as well
Yes I still wish the best ONF as well as Laun.​

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread