COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

DREAMCATCHER Discuss The Secret Behind Their Massive Fame Abroad And How They Deal With Hate Comments (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MY
Source: DREAMCATCHER Discuss The Secret Behind Their Massive Fame Abroad And How They Deal With Haters

DREAMCATCHER Discuss The Secret Behind Their Massive Fame Abroad And How They Deal With Hate Comments

They opened up honestly about the topic.

DREAMCATCHER sat down for an interview where they discussed their massive fame abroad as well as their methods to coping with hateful comments.

DREAMCATCHER arguably has a bigger fandom abroad than at home in Korea, so the question had to be asked… What is their secret to their great international success?

Dami was the first to answer, where she explained that the fans at home or abroad like them for the same reason. The members are all talented who put on great performances on stage.

I believe it’s similar to why our domestic fans like us. They like our performances, our stages, and our worldview.
I think the fans like us because our stories make you think more than once about it.
— Dami
Yoohyeon added that it may be all of the intricate instrumentals they use in their song which is similar to popular songs abroad.

She explained, “There are a lot of bands abroad, so it may be because we use a lot of instrumental sounds in our music.

No matter the reason, their latest track “Scream” has continued on their international success by incurring 8 million views in just a week!

The members introduced more about their track, which talked about the motif of witch hunts that is present not just in history but in modern society.

We always try to show new lyrics and images to the fans. While we were discussing what to show next, we decided to take on the topic of malicious comments.
We can’t help but be hurt by malicious comments in this industry. We wanted to to convey our hopes for everyone to empathize and openly discuss the topic.
— Jiu
Considering how the entertainment industry is unfortunately riddled with haters and their comments, DREAMCATCHER were asked how they cope with the negativity.

Dami: “We get hurt by the malicious comments but we try to only look at the good ones. We try to find comfort from those around us.”
Gahyeon: “I think disinterest is even worse. I try to think positively about it.”
Yoohyeon summarized it by explaining how they’re able to disregard the hate and focus on the love thanks to their fans. She recalled the time when she felt re-energized by a thoughtful fan’s letter.

There are fans who send us lengthy letters. One fan once sent us a letter about how she’s suffering from depression but she’s found motivation through us.
Although I was going through a tough time as well, I was determined to fight through it thanks to their letter.
— Yoohyeon
There appears to be a distinct reason why DREAMCATCHER found success internationally, as well as domestically. They aren’t afraid to be vulnerable about their life and openly share it with their fans who reciprocate the love right back!

Check out DREAMCATCHER’s “Scream” if you haven’t yet!

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
the girls are right

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MY
the girls are right
Yes, but it makes me wonder how they'll handle the hate when they eventually get super popular. Will they still be able to handle it or will it be too much for them? Especially if the malicious comments and malicious actions become offline where it actually physically harms the girls.

The comments are maybe what they can handle now, but if they become really big, then there could be problems.

As you can see with time, they didn't used to get any hate, maybe a little but it wasn't that big but now that they are starting to become popular, with the success they are getting, there is becoming more haters.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Massive fame
Lol

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Yes, massive fame. Their fame abroad is actually bigger than quite a lot of the bigger groups.
:umwhat: Dreamcatcher is bigger than bigger groups???

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MY
:umwhat: Dreamcatcher is bigger than bigger groups???
Internationally, they are bigger than many bigger groups while those bigger groups are bigger than Dreamcatcher in Korea.
They have quite a big fanbase outside of Korea.
Obviously much smaller than the likes of BTS and Blackpink, but they are doing very well internationally.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Internationally, they are bigger than many bigger groups while those bigger groups are bigger than Dreamcatcher in Korea.
They have quite a big fanbase outside of Korea.
Obviously much smaller than the likes of BTS and Blackpink, but they are doing very well internationally.
Massive is still an overstatement
Calling any mid tier fandom massive doesn’t make sense

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread