COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Does anyone else ever do this? (1 Viewer)

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Reveluv

Whilst back in the UK with the family we decided on going back to our favourite Japanese in London as its the most authentic Japanese restaurant outside of Japan that I've been to. And this is partly because the staff originally come over from Japan.
So instincts kicked in and I just naturally began talking to the staff in Japanese even though they knew English perfectly and I was in the middle of London... Does anyone else ever find themselves doing something similar to what I did? Or is this just me? :susPepe:

jasque

Antifragile
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
I went to a japanese lamen in São Paulo and the poor owner couldn't comprehend well what I was saying xDD

At least everything ended well :sanapray:

Also the hotel owner was chinese and knew almost zero portuguese lol

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
HoeForUmin
Pronouns
She/Her
Not languages, but due to spending my time between Leeds and Edinburgh, my accent changes a bit depending on where I am/who I speak to. It throws people off who don’t know me, but I find it amusing.

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Moa
Ship
My parents do it all the time. There are parts of London where there are many of my people. Whenever we go there, we instantly talk to the supermarket owners and the waiter/waitresses of restaurants in our language without even confirming it. It's more comfortable that way and you get closer to the staff.
You can bargain with them on prices as well... :jenniesmug:

Last edited:

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Moa
Ship
Not languages, but due to spending my time between Leeds and Edinburgh, my accent changes a bit depending on where I am/who I speak to. It throws people off who don’t know me, but I find it amusing.
I do the same. I've moved around a lot. I've lived in Newcastle, Birmingham, Manchester and London so my normal accent is a combination of all 4 and I can switch to one accordingly as well (although Newcastle is a bit hard to do now...). It throws people off all the time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread