COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Do You Like Country Music? (1 Viewer)

Minuteman

Another Settlement Needs Your Help
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I'm not really the biggest country music fan. It's not that bad, but I don't really care much for it. You probably wouldn't find me going out of my way to listen to it (although I basically only listen to kpop nowadays so it's not like I'm listening to any other genres either).

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I'm not really the biggest country music fan. It's not that bad, but I don't really care much for it. You probably wouldn't find me going out of my way to listen to it (although I basically only listen to kpop nowadays so it's not like I'm listening to any other genres either).
Did you like the song in the OP though? :umjicry:

Minuteman

Another Settlement Needs Your Help
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Did you like the song in the OP though? :umjicry:
I think it's good. And I do think there are good country songs out there, it's just that as a whole it's a genre I don't listen to and don't usually want to listen to.

dnb

Supporting Table Unnie
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Reveluv, Sone
I love country music.

This is my favorite Kacey MV:

And here's something older.

And finally, one for those who are friends with Jose Cuervo:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Exo L
Ship
A bit late to post, but whatever. I would say that I like the genre in a similar way that I like K-Pop: I haven't listened to every song within the genre, but have listened to enough songs to make a value judgment. Its an acquired taste. The draw for me is the similarity it has with Blues.

IKR! People overreact about country music
Its funny though. I read a survey recently that said almost a third of the US population listens to Country, but it [the survey] was from a news source, so it may be sketchy. But I think there's a difference, also, between Post-Modern country (i.e. Lil Nas X) Modern Country (i.e. T-Swift [pre red], Carrie Underwood, Kellie Picker, Chris Young, etc.) Early Modern (i.e. Kenny, Tim, Faith, Sarah, Martina, etc.) and Late-Early (i.e. George Straight) and Mid-Golden (i.e. Willie, Goldie) and Early Golden (i.e. Hank Williams Sr.)...

The Post-Modern group seems to be sketchy. The use of rap instead of singing makes it... erm... inauthentic and weird. I know a lot of people may hate the recent stuff, but perhaps would like the early periods. Songs like Jolene, Concrete Angel, You were mine, etc would be universal to the listener. Also, I think people tend to disregard it as a genre, because of the accent while singing or perceptions that its all partying and small town life sort of vibes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread