COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

do you ever feel a little bad about unstanning a group? (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
tbh for me, I do feel a little bad for losing interest in some groups but I dont let it get to me that much because I know that they have a lot of other fans that will take my place.
thoughts?

mirella

✧✦ soloist akgae ✦✧
Reactions Received
Website
www.last.fm
KS Coins
Fandom
EXO-L?
Ship
Wreck
I don't feel bad or guilty, as their music just isn't for me anymore. I don't know them personally and it's not like ending a relationship, friendship, or anything like that.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
If I stop stanning a group it must have a good reason behind it so no?... I can't really remember any group that I don't stan anymore tho...
guess there was a bg that something happened with one important member and I was very disappointed and I don't listen to their songs anymore but I was never a stan of them, does this counts? I was more of a casual "fan"

lexus

Pinkchella
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Not really. If I don’t like what they put out anymore then I just don’t bother with them. It’s nothing to feel guilty about. You can’t force yourself to love a group. :/

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
I understand what you mean but for me I wouldn't say I feel guilty or anything because if you're no longer excited about a group I see no point in trying to stay into their stuff like you used to be. There are other groups who will interest you down the road most likely.

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
It depends on why I unstanned.
If it's problematic members or bad music I don't feel bad
If it's because of inactivity or bad management, I'll feel bad

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Wait, you aren't dropping the pinks, are you? :pepecross:

Shou

Maybe 6 feet ain't so far down ✧.*
Top Poster Of Month
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Depends on the group really. I mostly feel bad for unstanning groups that have awful/small companies and who won't make it in the long run, because I support the artists I love by buying albums/merch.

Additionally, sometimes I feel bad when I stop liking their music but still like the members. I want to get excited with other fans about comebacks but the hype just fades away and I get disappointed in the end.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I only "unstanned" one group since I am into kpop and I don't do it well i think :nekosweat:
Like I am still hped when they have a cb and sometimes I still watch their interviews
and since I am following them on insta and fb I still know a lot of things about them

and answering the question, It's not like I feel bad about it, its just hard for me to let "things" go.This is why I will never understand how exstans can actually go and hate on the group they once loved :yolk:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I haven't unstanned a group yet, but given my memory I'd forget about them pretty quickly.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
If I stop stanning a group it must have a good reason behind it so no?... I can't really remember any group that I don't stan anymore tho...
guess there was a bg that something happened with one important member and I was very disappointed and I don't listen to their songs anymore but I was never a stan of them, does this counts? I was more of a casual "fan"
tbh yeah, it still counts, occasionally the same thing happens with me, not even just with kpop, in music in general. it's hard to listen to an artist that's very problematic. for example, I can not listen to rkelly songs after finding out what he did.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
HoeForUmin
Pronouns
She/Her
It’s a little sad, but honestly I’d gradually started unstanning already so I didn’t feel too terrible.

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I kinda do?
I stan a group for the music and the people in it so it doesn’t make sense to keep a group and stan them when the music direction is not to my liking anymore.

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Yes, especially if I have been stanning them for a long time. But then I remind myself that there are so many other people who will love and support the members in my place so I get over it.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
I haven't really unstanned any group since the closest is EXID going on hiatus but it really depends on the reason like you could feel bad for supporting someone or feel bad because you feel like you're unfairly judging them, but if it's just for a lack of interest then I wouldn't feel bad.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I feel bad because recently I am losing more and more interest about a group that I never thought I would. I am even a little heartbroken because they are the first group that I stan.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I feel bad because recently I am losing more and more interest about a group that I never thought I would. I am even a little heartbroken because they are the first group that I stan.
that must suck :/ especially since it was your first group and probably you ult at some point

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
that must suck :/ especially since it was your first group and probably you ult at some point

It’s EXO. They are/were ( I don’t even know anymore) my UB from 2012 to early 2018. But now I am less excited about their activities and it’s not because the members are enlisting. I feel like that since last year.

Kyungsoo would probably remain my number one though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread