COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Rumor Didn't think that hidden cameras were illegal?! (1 Viewer)

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Reveluv

He shared on his SNS while apologizing to the members and the fans:
I told the company at that time that I wasn't part of the Katalk room. But this was inaccurate information that I gave to my company. I received the video. Not only that, I also engaged in inappropriate commentary. Those behaviors were very unethical from my part I was foolish. I couldn't think of it as an illegal behavior so I just complacently watched the video. It's my fault for not being more resolute to stop myself.

original post: here

1. He really met the wrong people

2. Finding excuses until the end, misleading until the end. What about apologizing to the victims?

3. Watching hidden cameras is a crime..

4. F*ck seriouslyㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ It's because he thinks this is not a criminal act that he doesn't feel any remorse

5. "Because it's not illegal"......ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

6. You don't think it was illegal??????????????? Crazy then what are you apologizing for?ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Crazy f*ckerㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

7. Watching hidden camera is a crime you f*cker

8. You didn't think it was illegal even while watching it? It's not like you're dumb, what are you saying..

9. Not thinking about the victims at all, all of them are only worried because of how miserable their own life will be

10. Ah so you thought we're falsely accusing you?ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

What the actual fuck... How shitty must your mind be for you to think that secretly recording a women without her consent and sharing it with your friends isn't immoral or illegal?! Does he just think that women are something for men to use at their own sexual pleasure whenever they feel like it?!

Fuck this guy and his shitty attitude. Go to prison and never come back you filthy piece of shit!

kuro

✰ hiatus ✰
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
wtf that's so deranged to think hidden cameras are legal like really?

Reactions Received
KS Coins
i would say i wouldnt have been this outraged if the women actually gave their consent and agreed to be filmed. people send nudes to each other and share it with their friends a lot. we always have warnings against it at school here. but the fact that they drugged and raped UNCONCIOUS women who have no ability to agree to be filmed and sent it to their groups, talking about them as if theyre products. "young and pretty girls who plays nice."
does he think hes talking about a fresh whole bread here? just sending vids or pics of your sexual relations is disgusting even if the other person agreed to it but this is beyond horrifying. what does it matter if they rot in jail when they still think theyre not guilty and think talking about women and doing things like this is okay?

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I'm losing faith in humanity everytime I hear this guy talk

Is it East Asian attitudes towards men that's made him like this? It's no secret that in Asia pretty much everyone (who's traditional) believes men are superior towards women and shit like that, then give men a more comfortable life so they don't know much about what's wrong and what isn't

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Reveluv

Is it East Asian attitudes towards men that's made him like this? It's no secret that in Asia pretty much everyone (who's traditional) believes men are superior towards women and shit like that, then give men a more comfortable life so they don't know much about what's wrong and what isn't
My wife's friends have spoken of their jealousy/admiration that she was able to find herself a man who treats her with respect and isn't afraid to show her his love and affection.

So whilst not all Japanese & Korean men hold on to the traditional beliefs that they are better than women. A lot still do. But I am only spoken from my wife's own perspectives.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
My wife's friends have spoken of their jealousy/admiration that she was able to find herself a man who treats her with respect and isn't afraid to show her his love and affection.

So whilst not all Japanese & Korean men hold on to the traditional beliefs that they are better than women. A lot still do. But I am only spoken from my wife's own perspectives.
Well, your wife is very lucky, regardless of whether men like you are common or not :pepehug2:

These days I feel women are respected a lot more, but I'm not sure how it was when those men were growing up.

mirella

✧✦ soloist akgae ✦✧
Reactions Received
Website
www.last.fm
KS Coins
Fandom
EXO-L?
Ship
Wreck
That is the WORST excuse I have ever heard. Of course he knew it was illegal, but he disregarded the law and did it anyway, because he doesn't have any respect for the women he filmed. Illegally.

I'd be slightly less angry if he would just ADMIT it. But he's bullshitting till the end, it seems.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Korea has a huge hidden camera problem so I'm not surprised by this statement.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
That is the WORST excuse I have ever heard. Of course he knew it was illegal, but he disregarded the law and did it anyway, because he doesn't have any respect for the women he filmed. Illegally.

I'd be less angry if he would just ADMIT it. But he's bullshitting till the end, it seems.
He deserves to be locked up for giving that excuse lol

Reactions Received
KS Coins

there are definitely a lot of men who think like this but not as extreme. i hope youre not generalizing a whole continent based on a group of people. sure there are traditional gender roles in asia but so does in america. things like this happen over here too but theyre just good at covering it up. keep in mind that this is something they have seen from their environment and a person is not gonna change overnight, especially a scumbag like this. there are a lot of bad apples everywhere.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
there are definitely a lot of men who think like this but not as extreme. i hope youre not generalizing a whole continent based on a group of people. sure there are traditional gender roles in asia but so does in america. things like this happen over here too but theyre just good at covering it up.
Of course I'm not generalizing, sorry if it sounded that way. I'm Asian myself, born here and lived here all my life, and I grew up in a family that treats both genders equally (I'd go as far to say my father loves my sister more than me and my brother combined lol), so I know all Asian men aren't like this at all. But growing up I've often heard people talk about men yelling at and even abusing women, showing favouritism to their sons over their daughters, and even this heartbreaking story about a man who abuses his daughter simply because she's getting an education and he worries that she'll grow up to be smarter than him. So I feel like these men have grown up in environments where they've been protected.

Sorry for that entire essay, I just had to get that off my chest

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Seungri: I WaS hOlDiNG ThOSe vIdEoS fOr a fRieNd

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Of course I'm not generalizing, sorry if it sounded that way. I'm Asian myself, born here and lived here all my life, and I grew up in a family that treats both genders equally (I'd go as far to say my father loves my sister more than me and my brother combined lol), so I know all Asian men aren't like this at all. But growing up I've often heard people talk about men yelling at and even abusing women, showing favouritism to their sons over their daughters, and even this heartbreaking story about a man who abuses his daughter simply because she's getting an education and he worries that she'll grow up to be smarter than him. So I feel like these men have grown up in environments where they've been protected.

Sorry for that entire essay, I just had to get that off my chest
i understand. im asian too but i never grew up with a father so havent experienced them first hand. my grandma always used to make my female cousin sleep on the floor cause apparently her brother, a MALE deserves the bed. i just feel like people are taking this incident and making it seems like all kpop idols/celebs are rapists and the genre is dangerous, all korean men are scumbags at least according to the western media and twitter/youtube stans. im sorry too if it sounded like i was accusing you. i misunderstood your intentions and directed my anger towards all the sjws' towards you.

mirella

✧✦ soloist akgae ✦✧
Reactions Received
Website
www.last.fm
KS Coins
Fandom
EXO-L?
Ship
Wreck
i understand. im asian too but i never grew up with a father so havent experienced them first hand. my grandma always used to make my female cousin sleep on the floor cause apparently her brother, a MALE deserves the bed. i just feel like people are taking this incident and making it seems like all kpop idols/celebs are rapists and the genre is dangerous, all korean men are scumbags at least according to the western media and twitter/youtube stans. im sorry too if it sounded like i was accusing you. i misunderstood your intentions and directed my anger towards all the sjws' towards you.
It always saddens me when women perpetuate the sexism... It's not entirely their fault because they grew up with that mindset, but still makes me upset. My grandparents let my uncle go to college (to become a doctor) but not my mom because she's female. Fortunately my parents have VERY different mindsets than my grandparents in Asia.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
It always saddens me when women perpetuate the sexism... It's not entirely their fault because they grew up with that mindset, but still makes me upset. My grandparents let my uncle go to college (to become a doctor) but not my mom because she's female. Fortunately my parents have VERY different mindsets than my grandparents in Asia.
asia definitely needs to change but ifans and america in general should understand that this mindset has been implemented for a very long time and its not gonna change overnight. instead of insulting them and making them defensive, we should be peaceful with them so they cant use the "feminazi" excuse everytime a woman stands up for her rights.

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I mean it's obvious this "apology" is bullshit. He clearly knew it was a crime but had to come up with something now, too bad this was all he could think of. Not that there can be any "valid" excuse for this anyway. He's scum like all the others involved.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Thanks for telling me!

And idk if this is related but in India and maybe other countries too, they don't tell you the gender of your unborn baby in fear that you'll abort your baby if it's a girl

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Thanks for telling me!

And idk if this is related but in India and maybe other countries too, they don't tell you the gender of your unborn baby in fear that you'll abort your baby if it's a girl
It's true in India. Finding out your unborn baby's gender is a crime.
Its coz in many parts of rural India and even in some urban families, they'd only want boys and not a girl child so the law was passed to protect them.

mirella

✧✦ soloist akgae ✦✧
Reactions Received
Website
www.last.fm
KS Coins
Fandom
EXO-L?
Ship
Wreck
It's true in India. Finding out your unborn baby's gender is a crime.
Its coz in many parts of rural India and even in some urban families, they'd only want boys and not a girl child so the law was passed to protect them.
Not to mention aborting a lot of female children would cause a skew in the male-female ratio in population. Long term effects could be devastating.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread