COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

News Detailed report of the Produce controversy (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
EXO-L
Pronouns
She/Her
disbanding serves no one but haters.
Keep the groups going, pay all finalist a share(ie what the members were contracted for.)
Thing is, even if they are kept together haters are gonna have a field day with the info that most, if not all of them were fixed from before the show even began. They will be dragged either way. At least if they disband, the won't be called shameless and rigged and constantly attacked for the greed of a few individuals who think it's okay to play with the dreams of so many young talents and their supporters who literally paid to vote for their favs. And what happens when the real list of the trainees who were actually voted in the final lineup gets revealed? If that list doesn't match The current members, can you imagine the backlash? What would they even say to their fans and viewers? "We know some of us weren't actually supposed to be here but we will still work hard and prove our worth?" Nope. No way anyone involved in this show is coming out unscathed at any rate.
But this is just my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
EXO-L
Pronouns
She/Her
But I do agree that reparations need to be made to the actual members who were supposed to debut.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
EXO-L
Pronouns
She/Her
I can't even imagine the toll all this mess must be taking on the mental health of the kids in X1 and IZ*One. Hopefully everyone comes out of this mess stronger.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Thing is, even if they are kept together haters are gonna have a field day with the info that most, if not all of them were fixed from before the show even began. They will be dragged either way. At least if they disband, the won't be called shameless and rigged and constantly attacked for the greed of a few individuals who think it's okay to play with the dreams of so many young talents and their supporters who literally paid to vote for their favs. And what happens when the real list of the trainees who were actually voted in the final lineup gets revealed? If that list doesn't match The current members, can you imagine the backlash? What would they even say to their fans and viewers? "We know some of us weren't meant to be here but we will still work hard and prove our worth?" Nope. No way anyone involved in this show is coming out unscathed at this rate.
But it is just my opinion.
I think each group is a bit different there.

IZ*ONE has already been around longer than IOI and they have a better than solid fanbase, build off of the last Mnet message and Admit the group is what it is. The one who could blow up the whole deal is AKS and so far they are much more on board with supporting the continuation of the group than anyone but, IZONE fans. They sent the general manage to cover for Sakura on her radio show and she spent the whole show gushing about IZONE and the fans.

X! has a similar but harder path and they have already been asked what they want to do.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
EXO-L
Pronouns
She/Her
I think each group is a bit different there.

IZ*ONE has already been around longer than IOI and they have a better than solid fanbase, build off of the last Mnet message and Admit the group is what it is. The one who could blow up the whole deal is AKS and so far they are much more on board with supporting the continuation of the group than anyone but, IZONE fans.

X! has a similar but harder path and they have already been asked what they want to do.
I frankly don't see X1 continuing tbh. I can't say much about IZ*one because Idon't follow them at all.
But we'll just have to see how it goes.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
EXO-L
Pronouns
She/Her
All I keep thinking about is Jonghyun and Samuel...

Reactions Received
KS Coins
This is worse than I thought. I’m guessing they realized people would still stan the group even if they weren’t supposed to be part of the original lineup and used it to bend midtier and smaller companies to their will. I do wonder if the people rigged in and out the first season had something to do with the benefit points (votes got really low and close the third elimination)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
If the final 20 were legit (which i really really doubt) then it is very hard to think AKS did not get hosed. Yet they have been the best supporters of the team.

IZONE has to go forward, it would be insanely hard for the K girls to recover any time soon thrown back to their agencies.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
You know I finally like a p101 lineup since IOI and Mnet just had to ruin that.

Honestly, you can't even blame the members because even if they did know what was happening it's not like they had control over it. But they are going to get hate for this anyways.

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I wouldn’t be surprised if they swapped out Jonghyun for Minhyun tbh...
Tbh I think its more likely that it was just JR taken out, Minhyun was popular enough to get in anyways. The issue would be if both JR and Minhyun were in Wanna One, then it would hit Nu'est W a lot harder.

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
This is such a mess, I didn’t expect everything to turn out like it is.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread