COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

News Comedians Removed From EBS Children’s Show Following Videos Of Apparent Violence And Verbal Harassment Of Busters’s Chaeyeon (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
That's good that they have been kicked off the show, though I would still like them to be investigated.

Source: Comedians Removed From EBS Children’s Show Following Videos Of Apparent Violence And Verbal Harassment Of Busters’s Chaeyeon

Comedians Removed From EBS Children’s Show Following Videos Of Apparent Violence And Verbal Harassment Of Busters’s Chaeyeon

The EBS children’s show “Tok! Tok! Boni Hani” has addressed concerns after videos were shared online involving Busters’s Chaeyeon, in which she appears to be hit by a fellow cast member as well as verbally harassed by another.

On December 11, a video was shared online of Chaeyeon (who is 15 years old in Western reckoning) on the set of the show with fellow cast members for a live broadcast. The video shows Chaeyeon seemingly reaching out to put her hand on comedian Choi Young Soo’s arm as he was walking away. He turns around and appears to hit her. The moment in which she would have been hit is obscured by another cast member walking in front of them, however Chaeyeon is holding her left upper arm as he walks away.

EBS has denied that there had been any violence between cast members of the show, describing the scene as the cast joking together. A representative of Chaeyeon also reportedly stated that it was a joke and not violent.

In another video, Park Dong Geun is heard calling Chaeyeon things such as a “Listerine sterilized b***h,” and when she appears to not hear him properly or understand at first, he shortens it to a phrase meaning “venomous b***h.” The phrase about Listerine has been described as something that is commonly used at adult entertainment establishments, referencing sex workers who use mouthwash to prevent the spread of sexually transmitted diseases.

In regards to the comments that many are describing as verbal sexual harassment of a minor, EBS stated, “There was always Listerine in the waiting room, and Chaeyeon would always gargle with Listerine before a show.” They added, “During the live broadcast, he was joking with Chaeyeon and said it to tease her, but both the producer and Park Dong Geun himself did not know that it was a problematic expression.” The network apologized for the use of the expression without knowledge of the meaning, saying both the producers and Park Dong Geun were surprised.

Calls for Choi Young Soo and Park Dong Geun’s departure from the show continued online, and EBS has now issued the following statement:

We apologize.
We sincerely apologize to the viewers who always love EBS.
Recently, the the YouTube broadcast of EBS’s popular program ‘Tok! Tok! Boni Hani’ included a scene of violence and a scene of verbal sexual harassment which were broadcast without editing. They have caused much discomfort and hurt to our viewers, who are mainly young students. EBS accepts how serious the situation is, and we strongly feel responsibility.
As soon as EBS became aware of the incidents, we held an emergency planning meeting and we established our next steps as a company and determined how we will carry them out. Firstly, we are immediately suspending the two cast members involved in the issue [Choi Young Soo, Park Dong Geun], and we have deleted the YouTube video.
Rather than this incident being a personal issue between cast members, it is first the great responsibility of EBS’s management. EBS is also very shocked and feels greatly responsible after this incident, which should never have happened, occurred. After this incident, we will be re-examining our entire process for choosing the cast members of our programs. We take full responsibility for our program staff, and we plan to strictly implement disciplinary steps and follow-up measures. Most importantly, we will be thoroughly looking into the cause of the incident so that it does not happen again, and we will realign our production system and whole process of production, taking on strict rexamination and development.
So that this kind of incident does not occur again, EBS will be stricter and more careful while producing programs. We once again bow our heads in apology to the viewers who trusted EBS.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
:irenecrazy: It was that hard to be a decent human being to a child? I see they’re trying to do the whole let’s fire them and hope everyone forgets move

Reactions Received
KS Coins
:irenecrazy: It was that hard to be a decent human being to a child? I see they’re trying to do the whole let’s fire them and hope everyone forgets move
Yes, it does seem that way but you can't take away the scars that those men most likely left for a 15-year-old.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Seeing the clips, i think they should be investigated as well- was there physical and mental abuse of children in the show by them.
Yes, exactly! I also hate the fact that the program is still trying to defend them, even if they did mean the Listerine in the waiting room, they still verbally abused her by calling her 'bitch' and other insulting words, etc:
'In regards to the comments that many are describing as verbal sexual harassment of a minor, EBS stated, “There was always Listerine in the waiting room, and Chaeyeon would always gargle with Listerine before a show.” They added, “During the live broadcast, he was joking with Chaeyeon and said it to tease her, but both the producer and Park Dong Geun himself did not know that it was a problematic expression.” The network apologized for the use of the expression without knowledge of the meaning, saying both the producers and Park Dong Geun were surprised.'

Marianthi

#1 2PM Stan
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Whether it was a joke or not, that is verbal and physical abuse. I really hope they'll get investigated too

jasque

Antifragile
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Wait was this supposed to be a show for children, in an educational channel? :jisoosmh:

It gets worse the more you try to understand the situation

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Chaeyeon had been in that show since January
Who knows what else she had to go through.

It makes me so mad. She's from a small company and just trying her best to get attention for her group while dealing with the burden of being in debt and still in highschool. She can't speak up for herself and her agency really can't either. Those creeps took advantage of her and her situation

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Chaeyeon had been in that show since January
Who knows what else she had to go through.

It makes me so mad. She's from a small company and just trying her best to get attention for her group while dealing with the burden of being in debt and still in highschool. She can't speak up for herself and her agency really can't either. Those creeps took advantage of her and her situation
That is truly sad! She's working so hard, she's doing her best and like you said, they took advantage of her.
When you can put yourself in her shoes, even though you can't experience what she's experiencing, it's still heartbreaking!

I really hope she and her group can find their big break because she deserves it.

VillageIdiot

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
That is truly sad! She's working so hard, she's doing her best and like you said, they took advantage of her.
When you can put yourself in her shoes, even though you can't experience what she's experiencing, it's still heartbreaking!

I really hope she and her group can find their big break because she deserves it.
I really hope Busters get the attention they deserve. The video of her being hit had more views than their latest comeback. It's a shame, it's so good too

VillageIdiot

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Yes that is a shame.
I heard that Kim Minji has just left the group as well, right?
Yep
People leaving and getting thrown out their groups left and right

dooh

Jensetter <3 Jennie
Reactions Received
KS Coins
just watched the vids, hell it does not look like " a joke " go and burn in hell !! 😡 😡 😡

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Yes, exactly! I also hate the fact that the program is still trying to defend them, even if they did mean the Listerine in the waiting room, they still verbally abused her by calling her 'bitch' and other insulting words, etc:
'In regards to the comments that many are describing as verbal sexual harassment of a minor, EBS stated, “There was always Listerine in the waiting room, and Chaeyeon would always gargle with Listerine before a show.” They added, “During the live broadcast, he was joking with Chaeyeon and said it to tease her, but both the producer and Park Dong Geun himself did not know that it was a problematic expression.” The network apologized for the use of the expression without knowledge of the meaning, saying both the producers and Park Dong Geun were surprised.'
I don't see how they can defend that. I mean maybe they didn't mean the slut/prostitute one, let's pretent that. They still called young co-worker a bitch and other stuff, for no reason. Why would grown man do that??

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Reveluv
As they should! No adult should ever behave that way towards a minor!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread