COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Can time like slow the f*ck down? T_T (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins

It feels like it was only yesterday when Haruhi Suzumiya was the biggest thing to ever happen in anime spawning a crazy religion of Haruhiism, viral dance and just being an insanely popular piece of art. Now barely anyone talks about it anymore. The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya is still one of the best movies I've ever watched :yolk:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Haruhi is legendary and always will be.

The endless 8 can effin burn tho.

Reactions Received
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar

It feels like it was only yesterday when Haruhi Suzumiya was the biggest thing to ever happen in anime spawning a crazy religion of Haruhiism, viral dance and just being an insanely popular piece of art. Now barely anyone talks about it anymore. The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya is still one of the best movies I've ever watched :yolk:
My culture vulturism, basically picking up snippets of interesting (to me) info means I've heard/know of but nothing else-can you tell me/point me to a quick info of this anime n it's impact-I know more abt Maisson ikkoku (tho only a little) than Haruhi Suzumiya (my memory tells me I class them as similar but maybe only superficially or not at all), but wasn't it really popular in the 90s? (Or early 00s?)

gongchan

Izz/Phoenix
Reactions Received
Website
theghostofwind.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Bana
Pronouns
he/him
Ship
Wreck
Free! iwatobi wa swim club came out 2013, six years ago, I still remember watching it over summer back then :yolk:
OMG has it really been that long?! I watched it around a year and a half after it first came out, but I still remember when my friends were first talking about it back in 2013. Ack time really flies

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
OMG has it really been that long?! I watched it around a year and a half after it first came out, but I still remember when my friends were first talking about it back in 2013. Ack time really flies
Yep xd

I still remember this teaser that came out some months before the first season and how everyone was calling it Swimming anime cause it didn't still have official name and KyoAni fanboys were making protests to animation company for making fanservice anime to girls and not catering to them. Those were some times xd

gongchan

Izz/Phoenix
Reactions Received
Website
theghostofwind.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Bana
Pronouns
he/him
Ship
Wreck
Yep xd

I still remember this teaser that came out some months before the first season and how everyone was calling it Swimming anime cause it didn't still have official name and KyoAni fanboys were making protests to animation company for making fanservice anime to girls and not catering to them. Those were some times xd

Oh damn I forgot about that lol

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I didn't need this bit of information :yolk:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Haruhi is legendary and always will be.

The endless 8 can effin burn tho.
Man I honestly don't know if Endless Eight was a stupid or genius move like the Disappearance movie was supposed to be for the 2nd season but the company basically changed their minds and decided to make it a movie instead and now they had to fill in the rest of the 7 episode timeslot they bought from a TV company and thus the infamous Endless Eight was born lmfao.

On the other hand, Endless Eight might have been a really genius move making us feel the pain Nagato went through all those 15,000 time loops revealed in the Disappearance movie. What a meta move lol :hmm::hmm::hmm:

My culture vulturism, basically picking up snippets of interesting (to me) info means I've heard/know of but nothing else-can you tell me/point me to a quick info of this anime n it's impact-I know more abt Maisson ikkoku (tho only a little) than Haruhi Suzumiya (my memory tells me I class them as similar but maybe only superficially or not at all), but wasn't it really popular in the 90s? (Or early 00s?)
It's not that talked much these days but Haruhi Suzumiya was one of the biggest things to ever happen in anime history. It was one of the most popular anime around 2006-2011 I think. A lot of people actually don't get the hype around it either the new anime fans or even the old ones. If you search around, there are a lot of people in the past asking why is the show so popular but it's simply a case of being in the right place at the right time. They also had an ending song with a dance that went viral.

Free! iwatobi wa swim club came out 2013, six years ago, I still remember watching it over summer back then :yolk:
We've come a long way now, didn't we? Now we're on the 3rd season and there are still more coming out in the future. I honestly thought Free would have ended on the 2nd season, and I wouldn't have minded, but KyoAni just can't let go of how extremely successful it was. Not that I'm complaining though. Free is in my Top 10.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
We've come a long way now, didn't we? Now we're on the 3rd season and there are still more coming out in the future. I honestly thought Free would have ended on the 2nd season, and I wouldn't have minded, but KyoAni just can't let go of how extremely successful it was. Not that I'm complaining though. Free is in my Top 10.
Yep, I was really surprised about the third season too didn't see it coming. Sadly I don't think it quite lived up to 1st and 2nd, but it was still nice to see all old characters growing up bit more and see some new characters too. And I think the end pretty much promised that there will be season 4 eventually.

jasque

Antifragile
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
The author is still on a creative slump i think

When the time comes, it'll be more worth it doing a remake

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread