COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

📚📖BOOK SUGGESTION THREAD📖📚 (3 Viewers)

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
💡 Lightbulb
Ship
Sooo it took me some weeks but I finally finished all 3 books! I loved the first book, not so much the other two, with the third being my least favorite. Still, it was a good series overall. I just loved Sage!
I loved reading all the books equally just cause I loved Sage so much haha 😅
Although the first book definitely was the best one, the other two kind of felt like they were thrown together just for the sake of continuing the series.

I'm glad you liked it though! :pandahappy:

Marianthi

#1 2PM Stan
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I loved reading all the books equally just cause I loved Sage so much haha 😅
Although the first book definitely was the best one, the other two kind of felt like they were thrown together just for the sake of continuing the series.

I'm glad you liked it though! :pandahappy:
Yep I agree about the other 2 books. Imo the series could have been done in 2 books. The first as it is and the second just mixing second and third and maybe some different things Idk. The first one tho was amazing!!

I'm accepting more book suggestions!!

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
💡 Lightbulb
Ship
Yep I agree about the other 2 books. Imo the series could have been done in 2 books. The first as it is and the second just mixing second and third and maybe some different things Idk. The first one tho was amazing!!

I'm accepting more book suggestions!!
have you ever read the bartimaeus trilogy? It's kind of like harry potter, but darker.

Marianthi

#1 2PM Stan
Reactions Received
KS Coins
have you ever read the bartimaeus trilogy? It's kind of like harry potter, but darker.
No I haven't. I'll search it now on Goodreads

Edit: it seems interesting altho a bit darker than what I'm usually reading. I'll check it out soon! Gonna be starting The Cruel Prince for now

Marianthi

#1 2PM Stan
Reactions Received
KS Coins
So I just finished Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma.... I actually feel depressed after reading it which was definitely not the feeling I thought I'd have after reading the plot. I thought I'd be completely disgusted and yet it didn't really happen (only read it cause I was curious of the high ratings on Goodreads). The author has written such compelling characters that they end up making you feel sorry and sad.
Definitely not recommended for those that can't handle all the depression that's in that book (bad choice to read it for me but I just couldn't put it down once I started it)

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Moa
Ship
I finished reading The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe again. It had been a while since I last read it, but it always manages to impress me every single time I do. C.S. Lewis had this really conversational prose style, which I notice is common among writers from the UK, but it never feels messy and disorganized. And I will forever be impressed by descriptions such as "swords swinging so fast as to appear like three swords swinging down in an arc" (my own terrible description from memory, but still XD). Or when Aslan's magic was likened to a flame burning upwards from a corner of a newspaper. That's always nice too.

But I will admit, it does leave me feeling a bit empty the way Lewis rushed through so many events, and really, by the end of it all, we barely got to know the protagonists, the four children, or what they got up to during certain moments, or the kinds of conversations they had about Narnia... It was just, "Okay, this happened, and then that happened, and OMG, THIS THING TOO."

But it's still a very magical and delightful read overall, and I definitely recommend it (though, who hasn't read this story by now o___o).
I have the whole Narnia set in one big book and I read it in 2014/2015 (I think? Might have been earlier).

It was pretty magical to read. I really enjoyed it. C.S. Lewis builds a whole story from the making and creation of Narnia to the end of it. Each book expanded on the new land and as you read, you got to experience different parts of Narnia's history and the people. It was almost like reading a history book on the world of Narnia.

I agree with you though. C.S. Lewis tended to fill us with information at the beginning but rush to get it finished at the end. And there were so many questions left unanswered which he sort of just explained with a 'only Aslan knows' answer which slightly annoyed me.

However, it was an incredible read nonetheless and I would certainly enjoy reading it again.

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Moa
Ship
I finished Running Girl by Simon Mason a few weeks ago. I have to say I really enjoyed it. I loved the nonchalant main character and the uptight, rule-abiding police detective's chemistry throughout the book and it really added to the book's plot. The story seems like your knock off detective story but it really isn't. The book is filled with complicated twists and turns and just as you think the story is about the end and the mystery is solved, you get caught by another surprise again and again until you reach the very end. The ending is also quite satisfying although there is a sequel to the book.

Quite a few people said that the book was amazing and that it was incredible but it didn't live up to my full expectations. Maybe I overestimated it a tad bit? But this doesn't mean the book was bad, it was way above average and a wonderful read but I think I was expecting something a bit more. Just my unpopular opinion on it lol.

If you're looking for a good mystery book to sit down and relax with, it's the perfect book for you.

jasque

Antifragile
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Started L'Étranger by Albert Camus.

I'm already loving it

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
I care about one thing in my pathetic life and it’s high fantasy bad boys :lovelycooky: but it’s so hard to find good ones! Know any?

Marianthi

#1 2PM Stan
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I care about one thing in my pathetic life and it’s high fantasy bad boys :lovelycooky: but it’s so hard to find good ones! Know any?
Well the Red Queen series has that for me. @Lovely_Cornchips will probably agree since she has read it that the bad boy in it is truly evil (he is don't say otherwise hun!!!!) and very hot but don't say Grace I said that

Unless you mean a different type of bad boys. In that case, I have to think about it XD

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Moa
Ship
I'm not really into the bad boy trope and I haven't been reading much fantasy as of lately so I don't know any unfortunately.

But there is a mystery book called One Of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus which features a 'bad boy' and a 'good girl'. It's an okay book but it focuses on mystery/death more than the romance. It's not exactly what you're looking for but it's the only thing I can think of at the moment.

Marianthi

#1 2PM Stan
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I'm not really into the bad boy trope and I haven't been reading much fantasy as of lately so I don't know any unfortunately.

But there is a mystery book called One Of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus which features a 'bad boy' and a 'good girl'. It's an okay book but it focuses on mystery/death more than the romance. It's not exactly what you're looking for but it's the only thing I can think of at the moment.
I just read the plot of the book and damn does it sound interesting. Will definitely be checking it out soon!

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I definitely recommend Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen. It may seem a little pretentious at first, but I think it's a really fascinating insight into a certain lifestyle in a certain older period of time. It also plays with your heart like no other. There's a lot of, "Oh no, WHY DID THIS HAPPEN?!?!" sort of moments, and while I won't spoil what happens next, it's an emotional roller coaster ride for sure. I also think the more antiquated English is just so beautiful to read. But it's not that difficult to understand c:

Also, the protagonist, Catherine, is a total bookworm :P
This is the funniest Austen novel imo. Most likely because I can relate to the protagonist the most.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Well the Red Queen series has that for me. @Lovely_Cornchips will probably agree since she has read it that the bad boy in it is truly evil (he is don't say otherwise hun!!!!) and very hot but don't say Grace I said that

Unless you mean a different type of bad boys. In that case, I have to think about it XD
Nah maven can fuck off

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship

Can’t stomach most murder stories :sadcat: scaredy cat

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Uprooted- Naomi Novik
:lovelycooky: :lovelycooky: :lovelycooky: Can NOT stop rereading

Marianthi

#1 2PM Stan
Reactions Received
KS Coins

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck

I KNOW HOW TO CLICK ON SPOILERS AND YOU ADMITTED IT SO HA HA

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Omg you've read the Red Queen series???? Have you finished it???? @Lovely_Cornchips still hasn't and it's EXTREMELY DIFFICULT TO TALK TO HER ABOUT THE ENDING!!!!:pandamad::pandamad:
I AM BUSY AND READING TWO BOOKS RIGHT NOW! I'M GOING TO TRY TO PICK UP A SERIES FINALE SOON...or Smoke & Iron

Marianthi

#1 2PM Stan
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I AM BUSY AND READING TWO BOOKS RIGHT NOW! I'M GOING TO TRY TO PICK UP A SERIES FINALE SOON...or Smoke & Iron

OMFG 2 BOOKS??? ARE YOU CRAZY???? HOW ARE YOU GOING TO FINISH THEM GIRL????

Just so you know if you ain't done with Smoke and Iron by the end of the year I'll be haunting you:pandamad::pandamad:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread