COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

📚📖BOOK SUGGESTION THREAD📖📚 (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I'm always looking for new mystery/thriller books! Do you have any recommendations?
I don't normally read those but literally anything Agatha Christie. She's my favorite mystery author. The Hercule Poirot series is my fave but her stand-alone's are also pretty great.

Lighterxx

See my DP? Kiss it.
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Alright, I will start,

One of my all-time favourite books is The Song of Achilles, it is a very sad book for my side. It has homosexual relations, so if its not to your cup of tea, a warning. However, the book is masterfully written. There are some historical inaccuracies, otherwise, it is amazing. It is one of the rare books, that I felt bittersweet and happy at the same time.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Im honestly...

I read everything LOL

Suggest me anything you see as great literally
Hmm, ok I'll just give you a random book I liked then. How about Around The World In 80 Days? It's a classic. I just reread it a week ago and I fell in love with it again. It's a somewhat slow-paced and not very action heavy adventure/travel book, but if you like Classics you might enjoy it. I love the characters, the humor, the technicality of it, and I thought it was a creative plot.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Alright, I will start,

One of my all-time favourite books is The Song of Achilles, it is a very sad book for my side. It has homosexual relations, so if its not to your cup of tea, a warning. However, the book is masterfully written. There are some historical inaccuracies, otherwise, it is amazing. It is one of the rare books, that I felt bittersweet and happy at the same time.
Ooh! This one! I've been wanting to read it for the longest time. I've heard it was really, really good.

Lighterxx

See my DP? Kiss it.
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Ooh! This one! I've been wanting to read it for the longest time. I've heard it was really, really good.
It is damn great, I cried like a little bitch, but it was beautiful, honestly, I wish I could tell you, there is a happy ending, but, it is one of the books I love and value for a reason honestly

Hmm, ok I'll just give you a random book I liked then. How about Around The World In 80 Days? It's a classic. I just reread it a week ago and I fell in love with it again. It's a somewhat slow-paced and not very action heavy adventure/travel book, but if you like Classics you might enjoy it. I love the characters, the humor, the technicality of it, and I thought it was a creative plot.
HAH already finished and read before!! not to my cup of tea honestly, feels bit childish? however among classics, Black Tulip is my fav, oddly easy and basic story, but author is very skilled.

...damn i realized i like romance books

Lighterxx

See my DP? Kiss it.
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Read I Am Legend hoes.
Its great and unique, especially if youre into dystopia.
K bye :chickill:
LOL allow me to take your topic to completely wrong point

Out of Dystopia books, my favourites are Brave New World and 1984.

Oddly both are written as a response to each other. Orwell defends that if people are being controlled they would notice and try to escape/rebel. Huxley, however, says if people are being controlled, they wouldn't notice such thing, because they are born in this situation. As long as you can fake them into believing, you can do anything.

I like reading both and comparing them, but it depends on the taste.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
It is damn great, I cried like a little bitch, but it was beautiful, honestly, I wish I could tell you, there is a happy ending, but, it is one of the books I love and value for a reason honestly

HAH already finished and read before!! not to my cup of tea honestly, feels bit childish? however among classics, Black Tulip is my fav, oddly easy and basic story, but author is very skilled.

...damn i realized i like romance books
Yeah, I see why you might think that. But I personally actually quite like the feeling. Romance is completely not my genre. I'm ok with books with romance in them but romance alone I normally can't stand.

M

mysteric

Also, if you’re into sci-fi or fantasy, Ken Liu is amazing. My personal favourite is Mono no Aware, because I am in love with the atmosphere of it (it also reminds me of the Shelter short film lmao) but I also really enjoyed The Man Who Ended History: A Documentary

Lighterxx

See my DP? Kiss it.
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Yeah, I see why you might think that. But I personally actually quite like the feeling. Romance is completely not my genre. I'm ok with books with romance in them but romance alone I normally can't stand.
Understandable lol don't worry, its even better to have different tastes o.o it means we get to recommend completely different things. However, feel free to recommend literally anything, even if its not a printed out book lol, if I can, I will definitely check out

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
LOL allow me to take your topic to completely wrong point

Out of Dystopia books, my favourites are Brave New World and 1984.

Oddly both are written as a response to each other. Orwell defends that if people are being controlled they would notice and try to escape/rebel. Huxley, however, says if people are being controlled, they wouldn't notice such thing, because they are born in this situation. As long as you can fake them into believing, you can do anything.

I like reading both and comparing them, but it depends on the taste.
I love both of these books too. :pepeheart:
I think both also have the idea that you can't escape no matter how hard you try, and that you'll eventually cave in and become like the majority.
I Am Legend does remind me a bit of both of those books too, someone tries to remain true to themselves and resist, just in a different way than the other 2.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Understandable lol don't worry, its even better to have different tastes o.o it means we get to recommend completely different things. However, feel free to recommend literally anything, even if its not a printed out book lol, if I can, I will definitely check out
ok one of these day's I'll recommend you one of my favorite nugu fantasy series. (ok sorry for that term but I don't what else to call them)

Lighterxx

See my DP? Kiss it.
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I wish I could recommend a book but I don't even know what to recommend. I haven't read a novel in a month...I've just been catching up on manga...lmao
ITS OK lol i didnt read properly for ages as well, this thread was something I wantedfor a long time however, and I want to recommend and review books I read constantly HEH

Also, if you’re into sci-fi or fantasy, Ken Liu is amazing. My personal favourite is Mono no Aware, because I am in love with the atmosphere of it (it also reminds me of the Shelter short film lmao) but I also really enjoyed The Man Who Ended History: A Documentary
Ken Liu? If the translation is good I will love to check him out, sci-fi is not my cup of tea, but fantasy is so I believe I will like the books o.o

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread