COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Group BLACKPINK Artist Thread (10 Viewers)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I feel like YG is smart, with the seungri scandal, they are now instead focusing blackpink internationally, this is evident with how the MV is released, its sad but i would have hoped they will be a hit in korea too, with every comeback blackpink is growing internationally at a huge pace, it seems that the main income for blackpink now comes from international audiences. I hope one day the girls will be large enough for YG to focus most of their efforts on them.
I think it was wise to keep Korean expectations low for this CB. Despite BP's popularity with the GP there, the scandal with Seungri has really really taken a turn towards something noone expected. If it was still just the Burning Sun initial stuff, I think BP wouldn't be bothered at all.

I don't think their CB was a "flop" in Korea at all though. Peaked 850K ULs is below D4/Solo but not bad at all. They still in the top 5 or so on the charts as well. Kill this Love is definitely more of a western sounding song than even D4 & their comeback was 2 days after Bol4 dropped a very public friendly bop (they literally sat over 900k ULs most of the week). Then the week after BTS came back and they have the biggest die hard fandom of any kpop group + halsey + interest from the GP for their overseas attention.

pwf/aiyl didn't really get many #1's on the charts either, but they lasted forever so it's not a make or break thing. The new songs are bops live though.

Tiffany

Forever Alone
Reactions Received
Website
kpopsource.com
KS Coins
Fandom
SONE
Pronouns
Noona
I think it was wise to keep Korean expectations low for this CB. Despite BP's popularity with the GP there, the scandal with Seungri has really really taken a turn towards something noone expected. If it was still just the Burning Sun initial stuff, I think BP wouldn't be bothered at all.

I don't think their CB was a "flop" in Korea at all though. Peaked 850K ULs is below D4/Solo but not bad at all. They still in the top 5 or so on the charts as well. Kill this Love is definitely more of a western sounding song than even D4 & their comeback was 2 days after Bol4 dropped a very public friendly bop (they literally sat over 900k ULs most of the week). Then the week after BTS came back and they have the biggest die hard fandom of any kpop group + halsey + interest from the GP for their overseas attention.

pwf/aiyl didn't really get many #1's on the charts either, but they lasted forever so it's not a make or break thing. The new songs are bops live though.
Yeah, I'm not saying they are flopping, i just know they arent doing better in korea than their past releases cause of the scandal, imagine what they would have achieved without it. Let's hope by next release all is forgotten and the girls will do even better.

dooh

Jensetter <3 Jennie
Reactions Received
KS Coins
BLACKPINK Full English Interview with 102.7 KIIS-FM | LA #1 Hit Music Station!

though i still need to watch it 😍

Last edited:

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Reveluv
I'm really enjoying their US interviews. I feel that we're learning so much more about the girls through these interviews. And not only that but I feel that they are enjoying a certain of freedom that they wouldn't get from Korean interviews....

I also love how Rosé has taken on and embraced a leadership role in their Western promotions. Its so obvious that she (and Jennie) are making sure that Jisoo, and to some extent Lisa as well, are able to participate in the interviews by encouraging them to speak and helping them when needed.

dab

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Can't wait for the James Corden interview tonight 😍

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread